Land Border Opening?

I agree, but we all know there will be those who go get a medical note to get them across and I fear that will ruin things for those who need to make the trip for procedures. Everyone here will have the opportunity to get their shot within the next month. And true to form the right hand forgot to ask the left hand if it was OK. (ie. get border approval)
My kids will have to wait four months because of the poorly conceived decisions of my province.

I have no intention of going because I don’t need to and every intention of waiting but I’m actually surprised that this has been turned into a morality issue. I was happy to see that people like TammyLynn or Quandreas kids could go . My understanding was it was allowed by our governments on both sides to help people with medical issues get vaccinated ( they need a note stating medical need from their health provider ). Did I miss the part where people are abusing this allowed practice ? “All in this together” for me means please go get your shot , any shot , as soon as you can . Like us , the ones who got AZ ahead of our turn because it wasn’t approved for others .
I’m not seeing the same thing you guys are. What am I missing ?

Edit ) I interpreted this move to be precisely for people in the situation that @Donald my hero was in. I thought it was a step in the right direction .

Thank you Pigletto. I toyed with the idea of crossing the border /traveling solely because my children are dual and I have an ex breathing down my neck about how awful things are in Ontario ( not just numbers but effects of lockdowns and education ) and how they “might be safer/better off there “ I’ll be blunt he’s an arrogant American a$$ but my first priority in this is to protect my kids both from communicable disease but also to keep them here with me in this country and to maintain custody. I know he doesn’t want them realistically but those comments are bone chilling to me. On top of regular mom stress homeschooling the two littles one with special needs and having 3 at risk outta 4 kiddos.. I haven’t slept in a year .

Jacqueline , I am so sorry you’ve felt scared to go to your therapy. My heart breaks for you and others whose treatments have been on hold or they aren’t for some reason able to go.. and the risks of going . I hope you are feeling better

Sending everyone strength and kudos for making it this far. We all have our own battles and this year has been far from easy on any of us .

Edited because I was asleep when I posted and mentioned wrong person. Sorry

Last edited:
Thank you Pigletto. I toyed with the idea of crossing the border /traveling solely because my children are dual and I have an ex breathing down my neck about how awful things are in Ontario ( not just numbers but effects of lockdowns and education ) and how they “might be safer/better off there “ I’ll be blunt he’s an arrogant American a$$ but my first priority in this is to protect my kids both from communicable disease but also to keep them here with me in this country and to maintain custody. I know he doesn’t want them realistically but those comments are bone chilling to me. On top of regular mom stress homeschooling the two littles one with special needs and having 3 at risk outta 4 kiddos.. I haven’t slept in a year .

Jacqueline , I am so sorry you’ve felt scared to go to your therapy. My heart breaks for you and others whose treatments have been on hold or they aren’t for some reason able to go.. and the risks of going . I hope you are feeling better

Sending everyone strength and kudos for making it this far. We all have our own battles and this year has been far from easy on any of us .

Sending you strength.

Hang in there! We are almost there. ((Hugs))

Luckily the province isn't in charge of that.
Oh no, of course not, I know it's a Federal decision. I just have a hard time seeing the border reopening when you're kind of still in a lock down in ON.....but as we all know things change (daily!!!) with regards to anything Covid-related. So far all we know for sure is it's closed til June 21st so.....

Oh no, of course not, I know it's a Federal decision. I just have a hard time seeing the border reopening when you're kind of still in a lock down in ON.....but as we all know things change (daily!!!) with regards to anything Covid-related. So far all we know for sure is it's closed til June 21st so.....
I agree I can’t see it happen now, but could mid to end of august maybe. To be honest I don’t even see it happening province to province. It’s sad but we are slated for another summer of backyard bbq’s and maybe some patio dining in July (Ontario).

Last edited:
They said on the CHCH news tonight that the US border is not allowing Canadians to cross for vaccines even with the medical letter as they don’t deem it essential

The Canadian federal public health agency reversed their decision that you did not have to quarantine if you just went for a vaccine. They say that vaccines are readily available in Canada so it is not an essential medical procedure. The Detroit/Windsor bridge corporation was working on a way where you could get vaccinated without hitting customs. Thus avoiding the issue you note. That plan is dead in the water now as few would want to quarantine for two weeks.

Question was just asked during the Q&A period in the federal Covid-19 response update if we might be able to hope to have the border opened by labour day or to just give up.

No firm answer was given, just more of "we're continuing to work with the Biden Govenrment on eventual plans..." and "We still need to look at the ongoing vaccination rates and the case numbers..." and "We can't make any predictions yet"

No firm answer was given, just more of "we're continuing to work with the Biden Govenrment on eventual plans..." and "We still need to look at the ongoing vaccination rates and the case numbers..." and "We can't make any predictions yet"
:scared: :faint: Same ole same ole phrase. I just wish they could give some kind of bench marker of what they are thinking how they plan to reopen...and yet again....crickets :sad2:

I just need to know whether to drop hundreds of dollars on MVMCP tickets and Cirque du Soleil tickets for my December trip (if and when they are available for purchase)! ugh!!

Because eventually the whole "Covid 19 non-essential travel" thingy won't fly anymore with getting refunds when we will be the last country on earth still locked down!

*end rant*

I just need to know whether to drop hundreds of dollars on MVMCP tickets and Cirque du Soleil tickets for my December trip (if and when they are available for purchase)! ugh!!

Because eventually the whole "Covid 19 non-essential travel" thingy won't fly anymore with getting refunds when we will be the last country on earth still locked down!

*end rant*

I honestly don't see how the border would still be closed in December outside of there being some kind of severe 4th wave. We're still on track to have everyone fully vacinated by end of September (or sooner).

*end rant*

yep when I talked to JetBlue I got “ we flying normally now “ i tried to explain I can’t get there to get on a plane right now .. it was pointless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter