Laser eye surgery - opinions?

I had lasik in August... It's amazing not to have to depend on glasses anymore. I wasn't ever able to use contacts so it made a big difference in everyday life... I don't think I would have had it done if I was able to correct my vision with contacts.

Originally posted by Frozenfingers
Anyone else not informed about the smell and seeing smoke come out your eye? (I would still do it again though)

Oh my gosh, are you AWAKE during the procedure??? Considering my dentist wanted to give me valium for getting my wisdom teeth removed.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd love to do this.... But am absolutely terrified by the thought of lasers near my eyes.

Believe me when I say that I am the biggest chicken when it comes to any type of procedure, this did not really bother me at all. I freaked a little when I thought I didn't see the little green light but my doctor reassured me (as he was holding my head still, lol). I had the valium, actually had two valium. They did absolutely NOTHING for me, but then I often have different reactions to medications.

There was a strange smell in the room :rolleyes: but I didn't "see" any smoke.

I neither saw nor smelled smoke

although I was holding my breath trying hard not to move, maybe the valium worked better than I thought!?

I was VERY scared - but I would do it again in a heartbeat! You have to be awake and focus on a (for me red) light, but the entire procedure took maybe a minute per eye (22 seconds getting zapped for me, depends on your prescription I think) and I just gritted my teeth, help my breath and didn't move. You can't blink so that's not a problem (eyelips propped open, taped out of the way)

Originally posted by jel0511
I was given a Zantac before the procedure to help me relax and go to sleep afterwards. It didn't help though,.. .[/B]

:) :) I don't suppose you would have gotten much relaxation with Zantac, but it would aid in your digestion!! Zantac/Ranidine reduces stomache acid... now XANAX is another story! That is a tranquilizer and should help mellow you out a little..

The best story I could tell about the procedure is the next day I was showering and just happened to look down.. I couldn't help myself.. I just got the giggles. I had never seen my feet before without my glasses! My wife on the other hand thinks I was giggling about something else, but that is for a different board:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter