Last minute MURPHY live report from WDW and Universal 6/13-6/20

Wait times were pretty heavy this afternoon. 60 for Hogwarts Express and Gringot's, 150 for Transformers, 45 for MIB. Very glad to have express pass!

Back to the room now. Boy it's a hot one out there!!!! Mom just about melted, I was really worried about her as we were leaving. The heat and humidity are definitely something to keep in mind if you are headed down.
Yes, it has been extremely hot lately, it's the darn humidity that gets you. This morning at 7am it was 81 degrees with a heat index of 102! I'm acclimated to this weather but it's been rough for me lately. Water, water, water! Hope you all had a good evening and your mom recovered!

Oh and I keep meaning to ask is there much for my DS 3 and DD7 to do in universal? Would one of the parks be better than the other? I'm thinking these parks may be better when they are more like 6 and 10????

Oh and I keep meaning to ask is there much for my DS 3 and DD7 to do in universal? Would one of the parks be better than the other? I'm thinking these parks may be better when they are more like 6 and 10????

Both parks have kid areas but I'd say Islands of Adventure is probably slightly better for little ones because of Suess Landing, also Jurassic Park and Marvel Island appeal to kids. Over at the studios they have quite a few kid friendly rides too. Despicable Me, Shrek, ET, Transformers, I guess it's pretty equal either way. You'll need the 2-park ticket anyway if you want to ride the Hogwart's Express. So you could do both. :)

A few more pics from today.....

Mom's first time on Gringott's:

B7AE8B03-A8D2-402F-BFA8-A298F8594FB1_zpsrzwdtyn6.jpg

DB64D945-7FB7-4B4E-8623-8E91DFC1C885_zpsdmgl1r8c.jpg

We didn't buy these, I just took pics with my phone.

C1852B99-A4F5-4314-B424-159CABE970A9_zps8ghnrcrq.jpg
D2B99415-DBB1-48F1-B885-57B8FBBC4B88_zps7lnq4bj2.jpg

88F30851-7B78-45CA-A872-8FE0800B57F2_zps7ibmpuda.jpg

89B5FD09-19B7-40DC-8E0A-7145D2B213BC_zpsk1lfwrkl.jpg
A17BAB68-50F2-41F1-8C5E-72CC3FFAA93F_zpsxdukuvn7.jpg
F39318C2-5749-4046-9502-CF16728A72E7_zpsehlwrz9b.jpg

And me :goodvibes

D5C165AD-3E5B-4047-A735-89E2CECF44FC_zpski7mqtmw.jpg

Can you tell how hot it is??? :rotfl2:

Please share your thoughts on the Jungle Book show. Our AK day is Sunday and we can't decide if we want to go see this show.

Love your MK pics!

What a day! We hit MK and AK... temps still crazy hot and humid in the mid-90's.. we just got back to the hotel. Exhausted doesn't even explain how tired we are. But it was great! :)

I really enjoyed the nighttime safari! I was totally fooled by the "sunset" for several minutes before I realized it was fake. :rotfl: The Tree of Life show was amazing and the Jungle Book show was decent too. Not really a big must-see, but it was enjoyable. Sort of a mash-up of fantasmic, FOTLK, and Bollywood. The new theater is really nice. I'm glad we went. :thumbsup2 I definitely think if you hit all 3 things then it's worth it.

I love your new purse and wallet. You picked a really good pattern layout, I think that varies, I love your choice.:lovestruc

Can't wait to see the new shows at AK, hopefully in November!

Erika your pictures are absolutly beautiful. Postcard worthy!! Love your purse too. Looks like you and your mom are having a great time. Continue to enjoy!

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the nighttime offerings at AK. We may give the JB show and some of the other stuff a try on Sunday night.

I love your new purse and wallet. You picked a really good pattern layout, I think that varies, I love your choice.:lovestruc

Can't wait to see the new shows at AK, hopefully in November!

I had like 10 different ones laid out on the counter!!! LOL :D I had to have the perfect one, with an equal distribution of red, yellow, and black. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter