• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late to the party, as usual...

A crazy theory is that they are teaming up to sway the election.:duck:
So... because Taylor Swift has a hot boyfriend and they both get too much media coverage, that's gonna sway the election- as if Hollywood Starzzz having always had plenty of say about elections has made a difference? Ever? Jeez... why aren't they all up in Simone Biles' business; isn't her hubby a football player, too?
Honestly, the stupidity in this country sometimes is overwhelming!

Honestly, the stupidity in this country sometimes is overwhelming!
Well to be fair, its not just here - but most of us don't follow what is going on in the rest of the world.

There was some poll recently that 18% of her fans would vote for whomever she supports.
That's a lot of folks, but I doubt they would actually show up.
Who ran the poll, what was the actual question(s) - don't know all that and am not all that interested in digging in further.

Sounds like a topic for the other board.

Last edited:
Fragile egos who can't stand to see a successful woman have a happy story. Tale as old as time. Just social media and certain media outlets like to amplify the stupidity and fragility.

IDk - I would rather watch 24/7 of Tayvis than 1 minute of the political BS on the news. Give me all the happy.

Could someone please explain all the hoopla about Taylor Swift, her boyfriend, and whatever the hoodly-heck has the media all stirred up? She's a successful singer, her boyfriend is a successful football player, end of story, I'd think!

I'm confused. I thought the media likes her; most of what I've seen they talk about her positively. :)

And in my real life nobody even says much about her one way or another.

I must be out of the loop. :teeth:

Well to be fair, its not just here - but most of us don't follow what is going on in the rest of the world.

There was some poll recently that 18% of her fans would vote for whomever she supports.
That's a lot of folks, but I doubt they would actually show up.
Who ran the poll, what was the actual question(s) - don't know all that and am not all that interested in digging in further.

Sounds like a topic for the other board.
Heard a news report about this. Frightening.

I'm thinking this is all just staged.

Taylor writes another album about picking the wrong boy who happens to be an excessively well-groomed jock. And becomes a household name among middle-aged men.

Travis gets more high dollar endorsement deals because he's now a household name among tween to 30-something women.

NFL gets higher ratings because girls now watch more football.

Everybody wins.

Fragile egos who can't stand to see a successful woman have a happy story. Tale as old as time. Just social media and certain media outlets like to amplify the stupidity and fragility.

IDk - I would rather watch 24/7 of Tayvis than 1 minute of the political BS on the news. Give me all the happy.
Said so well, MN, as always. I like that 'tale as old as time' reference.

I'm thinking this is all just staged.

Taylor writes another album about picking the wrong boy who happens to be an excessively well-groomed jock. And becomes a household name among middle-aged men.

Travis gets more high dollar endorsement deals because he's now a household name among tween to 30-something women.

NFL gets higher ratings because girls now watch more football.

Everybody wins.
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the stink of this whole story (conspiracy theories notwithstanding).

Taylor has had a number of relationships and breakups, so of course, any relationship she's in from here on our is going to be assumed to be just for album inspriations. God forbid she met a guy, decided she liked him, and started a relationship without it being this whole big deal.

A popular singer is dating a pro football player. Who cares is my first thought.........LOL. I guess it gives the social media/looney tune crowd something to be outraged about this week. Soon football season will be over and then they have to find something else to rant about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter