LAX to DLR w/out a car - Possible?

DJDeity

Earning My Ears
I'm going to a seminar the weekend of 8/18, staying at the LAX Hilton. I have Sunday completely off, and I was toying with the possibility of making a day-run to DLR and back. Problem is that I will not have a car (seminar's being held at the Hilton).

Are there any transportation possibilities other than having me rent a car just for the day?

TIA for any help!

You can take the hotel shuttle to LAX and catch either the SuperShuttle or Airport Bus, or other shuttles that take you to the Disneyland area. Roundtrip it's about $30. I would recommend SuperShuttle & have them take you to Best Western Park Place Inn, which is right across the street from the Disneyland entrance. You should also make reservations at that time for SuperShuttle to pick you up & return you to LAX.

SandraVB79 said:
You can take the Metro to Union Station and from there the train to Disneyland.

If you are on a budget this is a good option, but it would take a bit longer than taking the SuperShuttle.

You would take a shuttle to LAX Airport, and then catch the free shuttle that will take you to the Metro Station. From there you would go to the Union Train Station in Downtown LA, and then catch the Metrolink to the Anaheim Train Station (it shares the parking lot with the Angel Baseball Stadium). From there you can take a taxi for about $10. You can also take the train to the Fullerton Station (one stop before the Anaheim Station), and take a bus to the Disneyland Resort.

scott62 said:
Last week we took the Disneyland Resort Express. The fare is $28 for adult round trip and $20 for a child.

Here is a link for more info: http://www.airportbus.com/

Could you give me some more details on how exactly the DRE worked. We will be using it for our fall trip from LAX to GC.

It probably wouldn't cost much more than the supershuttle to just rent a car for the day. Do a priceline check. A rental out of LAX should be cheap

jan

I just did a quick check for the dates you said. Dollar rent a car out of LAX for one day economy was about $25

I vote for that

I vote for a car, as well. Sunday traffic is light and DLR will be open quite late. Take advantage of it!

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter