Leaving the Kid behind- 7 Wonderful Days in the World!*COMPLETE w/link to a NEW PTR

Great TR! Just read through the whole thing! I hope to take a trip minus the kiddos one day as well, looks like fun! I loved your pics around POR! We may upgrade to that resort, it looks lovely!

Highly recomend an adults only trip sometime. Very relaxing! As for POR... its by far my favorite resort! Just so relaxing and magical. And you just can't beat that boat ride to DTD! Not to mention the all important upgrade to queen sized beds when you jump from value to moderate. Not sure how folks share a full sized bed. DH and I couldn't do it.

Thanks for reading!!!

Great report. It looks like you had tons of fun and I love that you had a smile in every picture :goodvibes

I just finished reading your TR and I really enjoyed it! Isn't PO so beautiful? Looked like you had an awesome time. I definitely agree about getting in rest - it makes all the difference!

I just finished reading your TR and I really enjoyed it! Isn't PO so beautiful? Looked like you had an awesome time. I definitely agree about getting in rest - it makes all the difference!

Thank you for reading!

Port Orleans is totally beautiful. Its hands down my favorite resort! Not sure I could bring myself to stay at another resort.

Just read through your TR and really enjoyed it. My DH and I are doing a Honeymoon Re-do (aka: no kids) in November 2015. We went to WDW for our Honeymoon in 2011 but my DH ended up cracking his tooth and was in a lot of pain the entire time.

We have been back twice since then...once with just the kids and then again with the kids and Grandmas. So, we decided the next trip will be just the 2 of us. I know we will miss the kiddos, but I am looking fwd to it just being the 2 of us for 4 nights! :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Just read through your TR and really enjoyed it. My DH and I are doing a Honeymoon Re-do (aka: no kids) in November 2015. We went to WDW for our Honeymoon in 2011 but my DH ended up cracking his tooth and was in a lot of pain the entire time.

We have been back twice since then...once with just the kids and then again with the kids and Grandmas. So, we decided the next trip will be just the 2 of us. I know we will miss the kiddos, but I am looking fwd to it just being the 2 of us for 4 nights! :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Thanks for reading my report! I am glad that you enjoyed it. Adult only trips can be really fun. Now that I am planning our first family trip I can really say that the adult trips are quiet different to plan.

Just read your trip report.

Things will be so different when you go with your daughter.

I agree with most of the things you said you will do different. We skipped AK on the last two trips and plan to skip Studios on the next trip. We walk for a few weeks before the trip and it still wasn't enough. My feet were hurting by the end of my first park day. We love rope drop. It's worth it for us to be able to get a bunch done in the morning. On our last trip we didn't do a single table service meal and probably won't the next time.

What we haven't done is fly. I always want to and thought it would be better than driving...but you didn't think it worth it. For me it's probably not worth the extra money because it cost so much more to fly when you have 3.

Enjoyed your trip report. Can't wait to read your next one.:dance3:

Just read your trip report.

Thank You!

Things will be so different when you go with your daughter.

Don't I know it!:lmao:

I agree with most of the things you said you will do different. We skipped AK on the last two trips and plan to skip Studios on the next trip. We walk for a few weeks before the trip and it still wasn't enough. My feet were hurting by the end of my first park day. We love rope drop. It's worth it for us to be able to get a bunch done in the morning. On our last trip we didn't do a single table service meal and probably won't the next time.

Glad to have an outside opinion verify that my instincts on these things are correct. Its so tempting at the ADR day to fill my days with TS meals and I keep piling them in and then scaling them back. Poor DH has lost track of the times I have said "We are definately going to go for X. I've decided this time for sure we're gonna do it!" Only to change my mind a week or two later. :rotfl: So thanks. With ADR day fast approaching I needed the secondary source (dh is NO HELP in this arena because he just trusts me to make the best call) to let me know I won't regret not making ADRs out of the wazo!

What we haven't done is fly. I always want to and thought it would be better than driving...but you didn't think it worth it. For me it's probably not worth the extra money because it cost so much more to fly when you have 3.

I would say if you live within 10 hours driving distance driving is probably better. While the Magical Express taking care of the luggage is nice there is just so much extra stress added on when traveling through airports becuase you introduce so many factors of things that could go wrong that are 100% outside of your control. For us, from Door step to door step it was an hour or less difference for us. (At least according to Google. I guess we'll find out in May if that is true.)

Enjoyed your trip report. Can't wait to read your next one.:dance3:

Glad you enjoyed reading it. It was fun to write and I look forward to writing my next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter