Left Over Credits: Do You Think Most People.........

PreppyPolyMom

Mouseketeer
This will be our 1st time on the DDP and I can't imagine having any leftover credits - but I have read that some people do. What do you think people do with their leftover credits? :stir:

We ended up having something like 10 leftover snack credits and 3 counter services. We used the snack credits and got Mickey rice crisps, chips, soda and such for the plane ride home. My 15 year old garbage disposal purchase his second lunch that day using one of the cs and we tired to give away the rest but it seemed the only people in the POP century food court at that time wore people with extra credits as well, so we left ours. On the side note tough we did spend 2 days outside the park so that had a lot to do with the leftover credits.

Many are generous and pay for a strangers' meal. We were at Tony's and a man across the room paid for my girls' meals.

I had a few CS left but didn't bother doing anything with them. I just couldn't be bothered since I was alone (no DH) with my girls and it was a quick long weekend trip and it was free dining. It was all new to me and I just didn't have time to figure out what to do with them.

I can't imagine though having left over TS as I ended up paying OOP a few times because I had so many sit down meals.

A woman behind me at Fantasmic last fall during free dining had a backpack filled with so many "free snacks" she'd picked up for the trip home that she gave my kids chips and water to have during the show!!

we also spent some time offsite, which resulted in leftover credits... we used them our last day to get some food for the trip home and as "souvies" (i.e. mickey krispie treats)...

when we stayed on property the entire length of stay, we had no unused credits at all and went oop for a meal...

I had just planned our itinerary for our next trip and since 2 of those days will be spent out of the parks, we had a few extra credits. At first we were going to pay OOP for our breakfasts at the hotel but then I found you could use the CS for food there. So I rearranged a few things around and now will use those CS credits for breakfast on the "off park" days. And for the extra TS credits I had, I'm now doing a few more character breakfasts. Now we have no extras!!!! Works for us.

I have no first hand experience with the DDP, but, in my planning I am using all of mine - for those that had some credits leftover, did you plan all your CS meals or did you just wing it - right now I have a rough of idea of when/where we will eat. I've heard there is no shortage of food on the plan - did you find you skipped any meals due to not being hungry and that's why you ended up with leftover CS? My plan is if we miss a CS(using mainly for lunch/dinner), for whatever reason, we'll make it up with breakfast at the resort.

When we were there 10 days last June, we had a few CS and Snack credits left over. I did plan nearly every meal, but didn't plan for the fact that we shared several meals and thus didn't use our day's allotment each day. I also never had a TS that used 2 credits at a time. Nevertheless, I even treated a CM friend and his mom to dinner one night and we had CS left over! And trust me, we are a family of eaters. Enjoy! :sunny:

I had planned on using all of ours but it just didn't happen that way.

We had 7 cs credits and I think 9 (or 11) snack credits left.

We hit the Pop Century food court before we left and filled up the cooler with sandwiches, salads, drinks and desserts for the drive home (of course, that's 24 hours).

It was nice to be home and still be able to enjoy a piece of Disney Cheesecake. :lmao:

PrincessTrisha said:
I had planned on using all of ours but it just didn't happen that way.

We had 7 cs credits and I think 9 (or 11) snack credits left.

We hit the Pop Century food court before we left and filled up the cooler with sandwiches, salads, drinks and desserts for the drive home (of course, that's 24 hours).

It was nice to be home and still be able to enjoy a piece of Disney Cheesecake. :lmao:

Great Idea! :thumbsup2

For us it was the fact that we spend 2 days outside the park. We had no TS left because we did the Lua.

I planned out all my credits before we left (including sharing situations). What I didn't plan on was only needing ONE credit to feed 3 of us at Cosmic Rays (I thought we'd need two CS for each meal). I also didn't plan on skipping dinner completely on one of the nights that we had a huge TS lunch. That left us with 3 extra CS credits going into the last day of the trip (plus the three that I planned on having...one for the kids to split at breakfast and two for lunch at AK).

We checked out of the resort in the morning and used 2 breakfast CS. We spent the day at AK and used two CS, and then my daughter wanted to check out the POP resort before we hit the road. We went there and used the last 2 CS on early dinner meals. We weren't that hungry and had a refillable mug, so the bottled drinks and desserts came home with us. We also had 3 snack credits leftover, so we used them to take home dessert items too.

If I had nay left over I would use them for a random act of kindness to spread the magic.

PreppyPolyMom said:
This will be our 1st time on the DDP and I can't imagine having any leftover credits - but I have read that some people do. What do you think people do with their leftover credits? :stir:

Having been on the free DDP last year, I can't imagine not having left over credits! Our final TS was at Teppanyaki's and we had 2 left over credits and used them to "buy" the meal of a couple that my family was seated with. The next morning, I sent my oldest daughter down to Mara's to get snacks for the trip home and to use our last CS to buy 4 people their meals. All of my children were "adults" at Disney (over 9) and often 1 TS was more than enough food to share.

Hi,

I didn't use up all my CS or any snack credits on my last trip. The DDP gives you a lot of food, and I found myself not hungry a lot so skipped a lot of counter service meals.

Jim

After we checked out at the Poly last August, I went to Capt Cooks to use up 3 leftover snack credits for the plane ride home. While there, I realized I had 2 leftover CS as well. The family behind me was not on the DDP, so I asked them if I could buy 2 of their lunches. It felt good to spread a little magic. :flower:

We ended up with one TS left on the last trip. We had planned perfectly only to find out after we had been seated that RainForest didn't take the meal plan, (we paid OOP, but still think the server was confused) However, POFQ was very accomodating and allowed us to use up to $20 in the Food Court in it's place. If we had eaten TS at EPCOT that morning, (we did a CS instead) we were going to grab sandwiches for the plane ride home. It was nice having fresh fruit and bottles of water for the plane, not to mention cheaper than paying a fortune for an airport bottle of water. :thumbsup2

pezheadmeg said:
We had planned perfectly only to find out after we had been seated that RainForest didn't take the meal plan, (we paid OOP, but still think the server was confused) However, POFQ was very accomodating and allowed us to use up to $20 in the Food Court in it's place.
POFQ was more than accomodating as they allowed you to use the TS at CS when it was your error. RainForest is not part of the DDP. You can check out the details of the dining plan here. There are no TS in the Animal Kingdom only at the Lodge. Animal Kingdom does have 2 of the best CS though.

I fly so left over snacks I could use and maybe a cs too. But if I had a lot left think I would try to use them on others before losing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter