lego store- downtown disney

tamman

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone- This is my first post. Our first family trip to Disney is at the end of March. My son is a huge lego fanatic. Does anyone know if the lego store in Downtown Disney accepts the disney dollars? Also any info on the store would be much appreciated.;)

My kids think downtown disney is the fifth park! They have to visit the lego store at least twice. No problem for me becuase WOD is next door LOL. Their favorite part was the race car ramp where you can build cars and race them. When I was there last April they were redoing kid area so have no new info but am sure it is grand. They still put the car ramps in front of the cosntruction sure kids were begging for them. I would highly reccommend this store lots of fun new cool items and great displays of 3-d legos. But if you only want to make one trip there go late in your stay LOL

This is my son (10) favorite store in Disney World. I cannot goto the World without going to the Lego store at least once.

I'm pretty sure they accept Disney Dollars.

They have every Lego kit there. Things you normally don't find in toy stores. There is a play area outside for the kids to build stuff, and there are huge Lego creations around the store.

Don't over look the other stores around the Downtown Disney area. There is a new Toy Store, and the largest Disney Store in the world.

Gheradelli's Ice cream store (YUM!) is there too, and the Volcanoe at the Rainforest Cafe actually smokes.

Have a good time!

Cindy in NY

Lego Store does accept Disney Dollars. Be sure to point out to your son, the giant dragon in the lagoon which is made of legoes. My kids loved getting there pictures taken by all the lego creations. They also spent hours at the creation center. It is a great place to go, I had my DH stay with the kids awhile while I shopped and then we switched. Keeps them busy if they don't care to shop.

We always buy disney dollars for our kids to use while at the world. I cant think of any place that doesnt accept them.
We have used them everywhere.

Thanks for replying and for all the good advice!!! We may have to go there twice. We are going to go there first after we arrive to get it out of my son's system and so I don't have to hear, "When are we going to the Lego Store?" throughout the whole trip. And yes, I will have to have my hubby watch them while I shop. I think I read somewhere that they have a store that sells disney scrapbook items, so I MUST check it out.

Also- Wish me luck I will be calling at 6:55 am on Wednesday to try to get PS for Cinderella's Breakfast!!!!

Have to giggle at the get it out of his system comment we thought that too and went practically right off the plane. And all we heard after that was when are we going BACK to the lego store! LOL BUT if that is what made him happy well that's what Disney is all about. We also got our family portrait with Mickey at Studio M and this is a tradition now too. Have a blast wish i was there now. Be sure to post how great it was when you get back!

I will have to remember the family picture with Mickey at Studio M.
I haven't heard of Studio M. Is it in Downtown Disney?

We had our pic taken with Mickey there in Nov. I wouldn't have known how great it was without others on these boards!

You go in a room with just you and Mickey and get to spend a few minutes talking with him, then have your picture taken. It was a blast and definitely the most intimate time we've ever spent with Mickey. The kids were at a loss for words! We got a sheet of 1-5"7" and 4 wallets for about $16.

This will definitely be a permanent fixture of future trips.

It is in Downtown Disney in the same shop as the sports store...can't think of the exact name right now.

Thank-you for the info. I wrote it down in my planner for the trip.

I agree about the boards. I have learned so much. I am sure I will have more questions before we leave on March 28th. :jester:

I have a wall in our hall that boasts 5 of the pictures from Studio M they do cost a bit but well worth the quality shot. Another great place to do pictures with Mickey is near Millionaire in MGM. They have a theater type door opening and the sorcerer Mickey is there absolutely beauitful set to have a pic of. They have photographers there and our family camera pic came out good too. I always ask them to shoot one with our camera also. These pictures were a little cheaper but you have to check back after an hour or so to the camera store. Sometimes I just keep the family camera shot and blow it up at home for 1.50. We take rolls and rolls of film there. Have a blast!

The Lego Store is one of ds' favorite places to go when we go to WDW. One of the nice things about it is you can catch sales there which actually bring a lot of the prices below what we can find the same kits priced for at home!

You gotta love sales. My son has so many legos, but I really don't mind because that is one toy that is plays with everyday. He is so excited!!. He got $90 in disney dollars and is already looking in the Lego catalog to make his list. My husband is really looking forward to that store too!!! LOL;)

The lego store is definately a great stop for kids. Even if you didn't want to spend any $$ there is so much "free" activities to do out in the play area. And several neat photo ops with lego statues (like the sleeping man). My DS loves legos so much we are going to California Legoland next month... but we'll be back to WDW 2004.;)

BTW, the lego store is right next to McDon's, but we opted for large chocolate shakes from Giradellis for our lunch... my kids couldn't believe we would let them get shakes for lunch!:eek:

California Legoland is more than likely going to be our next big vacation. There is a lego store in downtown Chicago on Michigan Ave. and my son likes it there. But it is just a small store. It sounds like this one has much more hands-on activities for the kids. We can't wait

tamman, Oh no.... how could we have missed a lego store in Chicago?? We were there for a few days between xmas and NY. We must not have walked far enough up Mich. Ave. :eek:

Oh well, DS is very excited about Legoland, heck so am I!;) We are also doing a "breakfast with Shamu" and the zoo of course while in SD.

The lego store at DTD is very fun and definately a draw for families with kids!

vicb, The store is hard to find. It is actually in the Shops At North Bridge which is located on 520 North Michigan Ave. The Shops at North Brigde has four levels and has a lot of retail named stores. It is very deceiving as you are walking down Michigan Ave. I think The Lego Store is on the 3rd level. Heck, now you have an excuse to go back to Chicago. :p

The store is kinda small but its the outside play area that is so cool. actually it can be very hot LOl I've melted along with those legos many a time. Anyone been to the store recently and know the lastest updates to the outside area - it was under construction when I was there in April 2002?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter