Let’s Go Get that Dino! TR 9/1-9/10, a mom and daughter trip! PTR short version, 1/27/24*

Hopefully, Alex will be with me this time. But if not, then I might just be solo! Hopefully so. I'm hoping to finally try Nomad's this trip!
I didn’t even realize it is a race weekend. It is the best time with my work schedule to travel at that time. Nomad is awesome and a great place for a solo traveler
So sorry I missed the ending of this report. I really enjoyed and thank you for sharing. You have lots more trip already planned for next year. It always helps to have something to look forward to.

You should be in Disney by now. Enjoy your trip and I'm looking forward to the report.
You are on your trip now and it sounded like you were very busy leading up to it! Enjoy the trip! We had a great time. I wish I could have been there for 2 weeks instead! Christmas time at Disney is amazing!
Loved your TR! I'll be at POFQ 2/2-2/5, my first time at this resort!
Thank you very much! We check out of FQ on 2/2! You will love it there!

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁

Two weeks from today I will be flying to Walt Disney World! :cheer2:
I’m getting really excited!

View attachment 812824
It will be a busy fun filled jam packed vacation! We plan on doing a 4 park day, fireworks, Candlelight Processional, monorail crawl, resort hopping, and Disney Springs.
View attachment 812827
I am thinking of taking a quick ride over to Universal Studios on my first day to check out the decorations and pick up my AP Christmas magnet!
View attachment 812828View attachment 812829
Here are two new t-shirts and ears for the trip! I have found these ears on Amazon and they are way more comfortable than the ones Disney sells and a fraction of the cost. I got two pairs for $16.00. I also have a non Christmas pair I wore in September and very comfortable, no ear pain!
View attachment 812825

View attachment 812826
I love this LWTL one, haha 😂
Anyone else find it extremely difficult to post on here these days? The ads are overwhelming and make it very annoying!
Have a wonderful day everyone, I will be back soon to finish up my trip report!
Your ears & shirts are so cute! I often get mine from Etsy but hadn't thought of Amazon for ears. Thanks for the tip! I hope your December trip was amazing, too! THREE trips scheduled next year -- SO jealous!!! And I hope you do more reports for those. ❤️ I've been inspired by you (and all the others that I live vicariously through LOL) and started my first trip report on my holiday trip. :earsgirl:

Last edited:

Glad the trip was good. Welcome back!
Thank you, new report started!
Fab photos. Glad you both had a wonderful time 😊
Thank you!, I started the new TR, Susan and I will be writing it together
Your ears & shirts are so cute! I often get mine from Etsy but hadn't thought of Amazon for ears. Thanks for the tip! I hope your December trip was amazing, too! THREE trips scheduled next year -- SO jealous!!! And I hope you do more reports for those. ❤️ I've been inspired by you (and all the others that I live vicariously through LOL) and started my first trip report on my holiday trip.
Thank you so much! I am enjoying your TR! I started our new one tonight!

Hello Everyone!

Our trip is fast approaching! Here are a few Pre Trip stats!
:cool1::rotfl2:

1706367625255.gif
1/30 Fly out. We will arrive at 8:00pm, later than usual. I can work part of the day and Andi can arrive home that day. Worked better for both of us.
Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-090435.jpg
1/30-1/31 AS Sports, checking another resort off the list. I now only have FW Cabins, Saratoga Springs, and extremely expensive cabins and bungalows left to stay at! I doubt the later two will ever happen unless I win the lottery or have 8-10 people to split the cost with!

1/31-2/2 POFQ

2/2-2/5 Royal Pacific Resort at Universal

First evening, settle into the resort. Get some food.
I am putting collage memories throughout this update. These pictures mean so much to me and I love reliving our trips!

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-083915.jpg
The first Full day, AK rope drop, send luggage to POFQ from AS sports

Goal get to AK by 7:30, We will be buying Genie+ and Fancy rides this trip. We only have 2 park days, which is crazy for us. We will take Lyft to AK, I think we will do SB line for FoP, NRJ, Dinosaur, and Safari, Single rider Everest for Andi. An early lunch at Satuli before we hop to DHS. I will buy a fancy ride for Rise, Genie+ for SDD, Tower, MMRR and TSM. We will do SB line for Muppets and Star Tours. We will head to POFQ late afternoon. Get settled in and head to Epcot for the evening. I struggled with Epcot or DHS at night, however, Epcot with Journey of Water, the lighted paths and Rainbow 🌈 Connection on SE, it was Epcot all the way! I will purchase a Fancy ride for GotG, and we will ride Soarin, SE, LWTL, and the Sea.

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-084053.jpg
We will also enjoy FArts. Does anyone know if the booths stay open until closing? I hope so. We want to try the Brie bread bowl, stone bread and dips, general Tso dumplings, Mushroom Risotto and drinks. I was a little disappointed in the menu for Andi. There a very few vegetarian and/or chicken options!

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-083748.jpg
Thursday, depending how we feel, we may do DHS again in the morning and then hop over to Epcot. We will have Genie+ and I will purchase Fancy Rides for GotG and Tron.

Rest in the afternoon a little, spend the evening at 1 or 2 of the monorail resorts. We won’t be doing a monorail crawl, haha 😆 We have a big night so no excessive drinking for us!

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-084019.jpg
We will get dinner and a drink somewhere along the MK resorts. I am leaning towards Steakhouse 71. Andi will need to take a look at the menu and decide.

MK around 7-8pm. (I will be stacking the Genie for the first part of the evening).

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-082132.jpg
We have after hour tickets for 10pm-1am. Excited for this, hoping it is low crowds and we can ride a bunch of our favorites. Snacks included are ice cream treats, popcorn, soda, and bottled water.

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-082050.jpg
Friday, sleep in some, pack up, head to DS on the boat. Lunch at DS. We want to try the new Eet restaurant. The menu is very interesting and right up Andi’s alley! Andi will have her moonshine squeeze bottle so a stop there as well.

Hoping to get cookies from the new place Summer House, and a few other treats! Skipping Gideons for the first time in forever! I am actually getting tired of these, shocker I know!

We will head back to POFQ, get our luggage and head over to USO via Lyft.

Memories
IMG_2024-01-27-083839.jpg
Check in to Royal Pacific Resort. Get our EP and head to the parks. I didn’t realize Mardi Gras Festival starts on Saturday at US, it will be busy. Dinner Friday night is up in the air. We do like Antojitos so this is a strong contender. We will need a slushy drink from Fat Tuesdays! These are strong drinks and yummy!The Parks close by 7pm this evening.

Saturday both parks are open until 9pm. Busy day, I’m sure, with the Mardi Gras Festival starting. We will hit both parks and get dinner on City walk, and try to sample a few food items for the festival.

Sunday more of the same, both parks, resort time, eating, drinking etc.. We have a dinner reservation for Strong Water Tavern this evening. We loved this place in September and now it is on our must do list!

Memories

IMG_2024-01-27-085600.jpg
Monday is our last day. Flight at 4pm. We will spend time in the morning going to the parks, no rushing, do a few faves and get lunch before checking out and heading to the airport.

We will upgrade Andi’s Universal tickets to an AP for our September trip. I already have an AP here.

Some must treats at Universal are Vodoo donuts, Toothsome’s macrons, and ice cream at Diagon Alley!

This trip will be the least amount of time we spend at WDW. It will be weird! Thank goodness, I will be going again in late April with both of my sisters yay 😀

Last edited:
We only have 2 park days, which is crazy for us.
It's a good thing that the park hopping restrictions have ended. It makes it a lot easier to do four parks in 2 days. :)

I like the look of the new FW cabins. It might be a fun place to stay.
I didn’t realize Mardi Gras Festival starts on Saturday at US,
I've heard that it is lots of fun. :)

Your plans sound great and I always enjoy your trip reports. I moved my early Feb trip to late Feb/early March and will be staying at POFQ (my first time staying there), so I'm definitely interested in what you think of the resort. Also interested in hearing about AS Sports as I am staying there 1 night in July before moving to VGF. Hope your trip is fabulous!

That sounds like a blast! Safe travels & well wishes to you & Andi!

Our trip is fast approaching!
How fun for you!
1/30 Fly out. We will arrive at 8:00pm, later than usual. I can work part of the day and Andi can arrive home that day. Worked better for both of us.
Nice that you have such a short distance to travel. It kills an entire day for me to get there.
extremely expensive cabins and bungalows left to stay at! I doubt the later two will ever happen unless I win the lottery or have 8-10 people to split the cost with!

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have way too many DVC points. I can't wait to stay in the Copper Creek cabins in 62 days, not like I'm counting or anything!

checking another resort off the list.

I would like to try that, but with so many DVC points, the idea of paying for accommodations at WDW just kills me.

Goal get to AK by 7:30, We will be buying Genie+ and Fancy rides this trip. We only have 2 park days, which is crazy for us.

That is pretty short, just two days. Im feeling short with just one week! :laughing:

Rainbow 🌈 Connection on SE,

What does this mean?

Rest in the afternoon a little, spend the evening at 1 or 2 of the monorail resorts. We won’t be doing a monorail crawl, haha 😆 We have a big night so no excessive drinking for us!

I would have a hard time resisting the urge to have many drinks!

I am leaning towards Steakhouse 71.

They have the best bar menu of all the lounges. We are planning a monorail crawl on our April trip.

We have after hour tickets for 10pm-1am. Excited for this, hoping it is low crowds and we can ride a bunch of our favorites. Snacks included are ice cream treats, popcorn, soda, and bottled water.

That sounds like fun!

We want to try the new Eet restaurant. The menu is very interesting and right up Andi’s alley!

I had never heard of this place. It definitely sounds interesting.

I didn’t realize Mardi Gras Festival starts on Saturday at US, it will be busy.

Do they celebrate all the way up to Good Friday?

This trip will be the least amount of time we spend at WDW. It will be weird!

Sounds like it! But I'm sure you'll have fun!

Sounds like an action packed trip. Can't wait to read about it.

Love the collage of memories!

It's a good thing that the park hopping restrictions have ended. It makes it a lot easier to do four parks in 2 days.
This really helped! I’m so glad that restriction is gone! Now they need to remove the AP reservation system especially if you are staying on site!
I like the look of the new FW cabins. It might be a fun place to stay.
I do as well! We may have to stay some time. It would work well if my son and his girlfriend came one of the trips!
I've heard that it is lots of fun.
It really was and the food was delicious
Plans sound fun. Love all the photo memories :goodvibes
Thank you Moira
Looks so fun! Looking forward to following along, I always enjoy your TRs. Makes me hope for similar trips with my kids when they are grown!!
Thank you! We had a wonderful time and the best part spending the time with Andi!
Your plans sound great and I always enjoy your trip reports. I moved my early Feb trip to late Feb/early March and will be staying at POFQ (my first time staying there), so I'm definitely interested in what you think of the resort. Also interested in hearing about AS Sports as I am staying there 1 night in July before moving to VGF. Hope your trip is fabulous!
We love POFQ and this short trip there did not disappoint once again! Our room was in a great spot and overall such an easy resort to get around at. AS was just fine, not my favorite of the 3 All Stars but when you get an AP rate for under a $100 it was perfect!
Your plans sound fun! Love your picture collages.
Thank you so much!
That sounds like a blast! Safe travels & well wishes to you & Andi!
Thank you! It was a wonderful little getaway where we averaged 32,000 steps a day!

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have way too many DVC points. I can't wait to stay in the Copper Creek cabins in 62 days, not like I'm counting or anything!
You sure are, that is wonderful!
I would like to try that, but with so many DVC points, the idea of paying for accommodations at WDW just kills me.
Nice! I would feel the same way!
What does this mean?
It is the Festival of Arts show on the SE, with Figment talking and the Muppets song Rainbow Connection. It’s a light show. There will be one in April when you are there!
They have the best bar menu of all the lounges. We are planning a monorail crawl on our April trip.
I agree and my sisters and I may do a crawl in April!
I had never heard of this place. It definitely sounds interesting.
It is new and where the old QS Wolfgang Puck restaurant was. Indian cuisine
Do they celebrate all the way up to Good Friday?
Yes I believe it even goes past that
Sounds like an action packed trip. Can't wait to read about it.

Love the collage of memories!
Thank you so much. It was action packed and fun
That’s today!! Have a great time!!
Plans look great! :)
I wish it was today! It was a really nice trip!

It is the Festival of Arts show on the SE, with Figment talking and the Muppets song Rainbow Connection. It’s a light show. There will be one in April when you are there!
I'll have to make sure and let the others in my party know about it. We weren't planning any nights at Epcot....
It is new and where the old QS Wolfgang Puck restaurant was. Indian cuisine

OK, I looked at the menu, and it was a little different, but there were definitely things I liked there.

I'll have to make sure and let the others in my party know about it. We weren't planning any nights at Epcot....
Yea! You should definitely spend an evening in Epcot, there is new lighting everywhere and Moana water experience is amazing at night!
OK, I looked at the menu, and it was a little different, but there were definitely things I liked there
It was good and Andi actually found a really spicy dish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter