Let’s Go Get that Dino! TR 9/1-9/10, a mom and daughter trip! PTR short version, 1/27/24*

Two weeks from today I will be flying to Walt Disney World! :cheer2:

Yay! But, BOO! I'm just missing you! And in April we'll be there the week before you !

Guess who has a Birthday today Andi! She is 24 today

Happy Birthday, Andi! :cake:

Great trip report, Caroline! Love these mother/daughter trips. I'll be going with my Allie in a couple weeks and I can't wait!

Loved your Trip Report Caroline….pictures as always are amazing and always a joy to read.

I agree, The Mummy is more intense than Gringotts which is very tame, but both fun.

And I’m so glad you enjoyed Carole’s Punch!!! It is a very tasty and fruity drink which I love and have had one or ten since we’ve been here ::yes:: and yep, I do think Strong Water Bar is the best on property!

You have some lovely trips planned, look forward to reading about them and thank you for this one too…….:)

Our evening plans were to have dinner at Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls Hotel.
Is this the hotel that opened a few years ago with an emphasis on Family Suites?
HOUSE-MADE BLACK ANGUS BEEF SLIDERS
Those sound good, but the bun looks a little burnt on that one......
The other dish was a vegetarian one and I don’t see it on the menu now. It may have been a special that evening? Either way it was very good.
I can't even tell what it might be! You have me curious! :laughing:
I have got this every time I have asked at Universal. I have asked at Disney several times and always been told no.
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone at Disney ever getting late checkout.
Soon as the park opened, we headed to Hagrid’s ride. We got in line and I think we waited about 20 minutes to ride. I rode in the side car and Andi on the bike. This ride is really fun and quite thrilling.
I want to ride this one so much, but I don't have any plans to go to Universal in the near future.
Andi rode Velocicoaster one more time.
I'm afraid of that one! :scared:
It is way more intense than Gringotts, what do you all think?
I've never been on the mummy either!
Our plan was to try NBC Grille but the place was packed! Wow don’t disturb hard core football fans on a Sunday. People were pushing and shoving to get a good view of the 100 TV’s on display. The wait was like 40 minutes so we passed.
No thanks. I'm not even into sportsball. keep me away from the fans as well.
We had an on time flight and by 11:30pm we were back in Duluth.
That's late! If I got home that late I'd need to sleep for the whole next day! :laughing:
I really couldn’t find much to complain about this trip. The weather, resorts, parks, food, and all the CMs and TMs were wonderful!
IMG_2023-11-30-193402.jpg

Andi and I thank you for joining in on another one of our mother/daughter trips! These trips mean so much to me. I am so thankful for all of them.
Very cute picture of you two!
I have 3 trips coming up!:cheer2:
Wow! I have 3 trips coming up (sort of), but two of them are in 2025! :lmao:
You all know I will be riding Dinosaur again several times before it closes!

When did you say it was going to be closing again? I want to ride it before it closes!

Andi and I thank you for joining in on another one of our mother/daughter trips! These trips mean so much to me. I am so thankful for all of them.
Love your TRs and your mother/daughter trips with Andi. I've read along since the very beginning!
I have 3 trips coming up!:cheer2:
Yes!!! Especially the one in only 5 days!

Awesome TR! I am all caught up just in time for your next trip! We just got back from a mother-daughter trip at Riviera and I had to buy chuckle at all our similarities while reading. Earplugs, check. Spicy food for daughter, check. Ha! We have done a preferred and non-preferred studio now and prefer the non-preferred because of the Epcot view as you said! I love always getting a seat on the bus, Riviera is so small that there are never bus lines! I didn’t even realize there was a new minions ride at Universal, I am so out of the loop! One of these days I will get there for the Halloween season. Hopefully the crowds will stay low for your trip coming up. They were so low post Thanksgiving, the lowest in all our trips at that time in the past years!

Your dinner at SF looked great.

Hagrid's and Velocicoaster in one morning, that's a busy Universal day. (I know only Andi did Velocicoaster but still.)

The Mummy is more intense! We convinced Evie to do it over the summer and that was the peak of her thrill threshold.

4/17-4/23 with both my sisters! We will be staying at Beach Club for F&G

I am going to be there the exact same dates! Staying at WL and doing Springtime Surprise again.

Thanks for sharing your trip! Loved reading it and seeing Andi's cool socks 😉
Looking forward to traveling along vicariously on your future trips!

It really is. I don't care for all the U resorts... but most are really nice.
I haven’t been in any of the value resorts there but the premier and SF are lovely!
Not being a rum fan, I think I'll pass, then.
This place is not for you, lol 😂 You could have the food and a soda. The food is delicious
Really! There must be a story there?
She is such a regular there and has developed great friendships with the staff there. She has stayed onsite at Universal for years now and each trip she stays anywhere from 15-30 days with her husband Tom! They are from the UK!
That sounds good. Yum!
very good food
I approve.
The only good coconut is a dead coconut.
Haha Andi will agree with you, she hates anything coconut 🥥
Theme park touring is not for the weak.
It sure is! The weather in early September zaps me as well
Fun ride. Only been once, but it sure was fun.
I love it. Hagrid’s is such a unique ride in so many ways
The train is great! Really well done.
I love the train, the whole experience is wonderful
I'm not sure... maybe? I've never really thought to compare the two!
Mummy to me is way more intense
That must've been... a bit surreal? Was there anything in the restaurant to mark his passing?
I didn’t see anything other than his concerts on The big screen!
Wonderful photo of the two of you.
Thank you!
Yes you will. Thanks for another fun TR, Caroline!
I’m so glad to have you joining in and I hope to write another one in the future!
Thanks to you and Andi for taking us along on your travels. Great report. Gorgeous photo of you both in that last post 😍
You have lots of exciting trips in your future :goodvibes
Thank you for joining in! I’m looking forward to the upcoming trips. Only 2 nights before my next one!

Yay! But, BOO! I'm just missing you! And in April we'll be there the week before you !
It is a bummer! One of these times our trips will line up! I’m excited to see more walls down at Epcot, yay!
Happy Birthday, Andi! :cake:

Great trip report, Caroline! Love these mother/daughter trips. I'll be going with my Allie in a couple weeks and I can't wait!
Thank you so much for reading along and Andi says thanks for the Birthday wishes! I’m shocked my baby is 24!
Love your TRs and your mother/daughter trips with Andi. I've read along since the very beginning!
Yay! I’m so glad I got to meet you on here and now several times in person! I’m so excited for Thursday!
Yes!!! Especially the one in only 5 days!
Now only 2 sleeps away yay!

Loved your Trip Report Caroline….pictures as always are amazing and always a joy to read.

I agree, The Mummy is more intense than Gringotts which is very tame, but both fun.

And I’m so glad you enjoyed Carole’s Punch!!! It is a very tasty and fruity drink which I love and have had one or ten since we’ve been here ::yes:: and yep, I do think Strong Water Bar is the best on property!

You have some lovely trips planned, look forward to reading about them and thank you for this one too…….:)
Thank you so much!
Carole’s punch was very good and the presentation was beautiful 🤩
I totally agree with all your wonderful reviews of Strong Water, we will be back!
Looking forward to reading your TR. I hope your trip was a great one

Is this the hotel that opened a few years ago with an emphasis on Family Suites?
No, that might be the Adventura? That one is newer and considered a value plus resort?? Sapphire is newer but I think it has been around for 4-5 years
Those sound good, but the bun looks a little burnt on that one......
Despite the char these were delicious.
I can't even tell what it might be! You have me curious!
I can’t find it on the menu. Andi won’t eat pork, shrimp, or bone in chicken so it had to be vegetarian. It has me puzzled now to
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone at Disney ever getting late checkout.
No I agree we have tried but never been given one
I want to ride this one so much, but I don't have any plans to go to Universal in the near future.
It is an amazing ride
I'm afraid of that one!
Same no Velocicoaster for me
I've never been on the mummy either!
Really fun ride and it is intense
No thanks. I'm not even into sportsball. keep me away from the fans as well.
We aren’t either at all. We just had never been to that one and wanted to try it out
That's late! If I got home that late I'd need to sleep for the whole next day! :laughing:
I was like a zombie the next day, lol 😂
Very cute picture of you two!
:thanks:
Wow! I have 3 trips coming up (sort of), but two of them are in 2025!
Yay to more trips
When did you say it was going to be closing again? I want to ride it before it closes!
I’m not sure and with Disney it could be five years from now :rotfl:

I enjoy reading about your trips - thanks for taking the time to share!
Yay 😀 :thanks: :banana:I really appreciate you following along
Your dinner at SF looked great.
It was really good, I can’t wait to go back
Hagrid's and Velocicoaster in one morning, that's a busy Universal day. (I know only Andi did Velocicoaster but still.)
Hagrid’s is enough for me. Suess Trolley is my kind of ride :rotfl:
The Mummy is more intense! We convinced Evie to do it over the summer and that was the peak of her thrill threshold.
I agree and I am impressed Evie was brave enough to ride it. I have to work up my courage for The Mummy
I am going to be there the exact same dates! Staying at WL and doing Springtime Surprise again.
Yay 😀 Will you be with your mom again? I hope we can meet up for a drink or quick Hello 👋
Thanks for sharing your trip! Loved reading it and seeing Andi's cool socks 😉
Looking forward to traveling along vicariously on your future trips!
:thanks: For following along. Andi does like her cool socks. I always buy her socks. It is a gift I know she will love

Awesome TR! I am all caught up just in time for your next trip! We just got back from a mother-daughter trip at Riviera and I had to buy chuckle at all our similarities while reading. Earplugs, check. Spicy food for daughter, check. Ha! We have done a preferred and non-preferred studio now and prefer the non-preferred because of the Epcot view as you said! I love always getting a seat on the bus, Riviera is so small that there are never bus lines! I didn’t even realize there was a new minions ride at Universal, I am so out of the loop! One of these days I will get there for the Halloween season. Hopefully the crowds will stay low for your trip coming up. They were so low post Thanksgiving, the lowest in all our trips at that time in the past years!
Thank you Hanna. I love the comparisons and Andi does love the spicy food. Next time I will not do the preferred who knew the non preferred has the Epcot view. I didn’t even realize that, no wonder we were on the other side. I love the bus area at Riviera it is like a different world compared to other resorts.
I‘m glad you enjoyed low crowds. I hope it isn’t to crazy for my short trip coming up in just 2 nights. I fly out super early Thursday morning, yay 😁
I hope you write a TR or a dining report. I would love to read along!

I haven’t been in any of the value resorts there but the premier and SF are lovely!
::yes::
She is such a regular there and has developed great friendships with the staff there. She has stayed onsite at Universal for years now and each trip she stays anywhere from 15-30 days with her husband Tom! They are from the UK!
Wow! Lots! Now I understand.
Haha Andi will agree with you, she hates anything coconut 🥥
Andi is smart.
love the train, the whole experience is wonderful
::yes::
Mummy to me is way more intense
I think you’re right.
I’m so glad to have you joining in and I hope to write another one in the future!
I hope you write one too!

So sorry I missed the ending of this report. I really enjoyed and thank you for sharing. You have lots more trip already planned for next year. It always helps to have something to look forward to.

You should be in Disney by now. Enjoy your trip and I'm looking forward to the report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter