Let's have a pending party!!

I just got the pending email. 5 days after my interview. Hopefully I hear back soon if I'm in.

So that 10 December stuff... yeah. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

They say that December 10 is the latest that someone with a pending status will find out. They aren't saying that they are going to wait until then to notify people.

If history indicates anything, there are going to be many people who find out before then, but there are going to be a number who won't find out until closer to early December.

Sooo.... not good news. In fact, it's (in my opinion) worse than being rejected, because somewhere, someone messed up. So about three weeks ago, feeling dejected from DW, I decided, to heck with it, I'll apply for the CP at DL. Even though I really want DW. Because you know, I had been pending for a long time. I go through the whole process and just today, I received a phone call from DisneyLand, offering me a merch position. While excited because I love Disney itself, my heart was really with DisneyWorld. So I thought, well, to heck with it! I'm going to call Disney World and see if I can even get a hint of whether or not I will be accepted; if I should keep hope alive. Because at this point it's been 7.5 weeks since I've been pending, and 10 weeks since I applied.

I get put on hold for quite a while, until a really nice lady comes on and re-asks me the last time that I've heard from them. I reply, "September 13th, the day I got my pending email." She then proceeds to tell me that in fact, they had accepted me into the program, but since they never heard back from me, they rescinded the offer. It was for the PhotoPass position, for Spring Advantage. On the verge of a panic attack, I kind of say that's not possible, as I've been checking my email's everyday, and I had received both emails thanking me for my interview, and the one saying I was pending, as well as receiving hard copies in the mail about a week after those. I never got anything with acceptance! And my pending letter had said not to call as I would be notified by December 10th. She was really understanding and said that unfortunately it says in their system that they sent out the packet two weeks ago, in the middle of October (about the time I applied for DL). She said that what she was going to do was to talk to the lead in that department, and they evaluate it on a case by case basis. And they might be able to re-offer me my job, if there's still a position still available. But unfortunately, if there is no position available, I'm out of luck and there's nothing she can do. WHICH IS TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!!! I mean, how come I receive EVERY SINGLE email and physical letter at my house, but I don't get ANYTHING for this acceptance?! I seriously think someone just skipped over my name when sending out the acceptance packets. And worse, the lead isn't in tomorrow, so if I don't hear anything in the next hour, I have to wait til Monday. I basically just started crying because I want this so bad, and I've waited for over 2 months, and now this is the letter I don't get? Some people didn't get the thank you for interviewing letter, and I don't get the acceptance. :sad1: :sad1:

now I'm so worried that that will happen to me!! I think i'm going to call 2 more times before December 10th just to make sure it doesn't. I think I'd rather take the risk of overcalling then have my chance completely pass me. I am so sorry! It makes me want to cry for you! :( I wish you tons of luck that they still accept you because I can tell how much you want it. And let us know asap! If worse comes to worse, you can take Disneyland! And you would rather be there than nowhere, right? Well like I said, let us know!

I received my pending letter yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us!

Sooo.... not good news. In fact, it's (in my opinion) worse than being rejected, because somewhere, someone messed up. So about three weeks ago, feeling dejected from DW, I decided, to heck with it, I'll apply for the CP at DL. Even though I really want DW. Because you know, I had been pending for a long time. I go through the whole process and just today, I received a phone call from DisneyLand, offering me a merch position. While excited because I love Disney itself, my heart was really with DisneyWorld. So I thought, well, to heck with it! I'm going to call Disney World and see if I can even get a hint of whether or not I will be accepted; if I should keep hope alive. Because at this point it's been 7.5 weeks since I've been pending, and 10 weeks since I applied.

I get put on hold for quite a while, until a really nice lady comes on and re-asks me the last time that I've heard from them. I reply, "September 13th, the day I got my pending email." She then proceeds to tell me that in fact, they had accepted me into the program, but since they never heard back from me, they rescinded the offer. It was for the PhotoPass position, for Spring Advantage. On the verge of a panic attack, I kind of say that's not possible, as I've been checking my email's everyday, and I had received both emails thanking me for my interview, and the one saying I was pending, as well as receiving hard copies in the mail about a week after those. I never got anything with acceptance! And my pending letter had said not to call as I would be notified by December 10th. She was really understanding and said that unfortunately it says in their system that they sent out the packet two weeks ago, in the middle of October (about the time I applied for DL). She said that what she was going to do was to talk to the lead in that department, and they evaluate it on a case by case basis. And they might be able to re-offer me my job, if there's still a position still available. But unfortunately, if there is no position available, I'm out of luck and there's nothing she can do. WHICH IS TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!!! I mean, how come I receive EVERY SINGLE email and physical letter at my house, but I don't get ANYTHING for this acceptance?! I seriously think someone just skipped over my name when sending out the acceptance packets. And worse, the lead isn't in tomorrow, so if I don't hear anything in the next hour, I have to wait til Monday. I basically just started crying because I want this so bad, and I've waited for over 2 months, and now this is the letter I don't get? Some people didn't get the thank you for interviewing letter, and I don't get the acceptance. :sad1: :sad1:

I'm terrified of this happening to me. I'm so sorry that this happened, and I hope you get into the Disney World program! If not, Disney Land could be tons of fun, too! I know it was not the first choice, but still, working for Disney. If you need a shoulder to cry on, PM me, doll.

Aw I'm so sorry. I can't imagine if that happened to me. I really hope they at least give you another role but I'm sure Disneyland will be really fun too. You could apply again for WDW for another semester if they don't offer you your role. I'm going to start calling every 13 days now. I don't want to bug them but this worries me. I haven't changed my address since I moved to Florida so it might get forwarded to Indiana.

Aw I'm so sorry. I can't imagine if that happened to me. I really hope they at least give you another role but I'm sure Disneyland will be really fun too. You could apply again for WDW for another semester if they don't offer you your role. I'm going to start calling every 13 days now. I don't want to bug them but this worries me. I haven't changed my address since I moved to Florida so it might get forwarded to Indiana.

I shot an email to the recruiting email address and am probably calling on Monday. The time frames of my interview and pending letter fall near BigDreamer's and I am very nervous that perhaps my stuff was lost.

I shot an email to the recruiting email address and am probably calling on Monday. The time frames of my interview and pending letter fall near BigDreamer's and I am very nervous that perhaps my stuff was lost.

my bf called after i read this and the lady said they dont tell people if they were accpted of not over the phonethey only resend stuff out

my bf called after i read this and the lady said they dont tell people if they were accpted of not over the phonethey only resend stuff out

Clearly, in BigDreamer's situation, they would tell you, because her offer had been rescinded and they had to explain that to her. So if that same thing happened to anyone else, it's entirely possible that it could happen.

if i can offer advise to all of you waiting.my daughter kept checking her email BUT DIDNT CHECK SPAM FOLDER. Last night she was deleting her message and was ready to hit delete when something that was in spam folder caught her eye. it was disney saying YEs. they were only giving her to nov17 to respond. letter arrived in her spam mailbox on nov 3rd. found it last night at 1am. PLEASE CHECK SPAM MAIL YOURLETTER MAY BE THERE

Clearly, in BigDreamer's situation, they would tell you, because her offer had been rescinded and they had to explain that to her. So if that same thing happened to anyone else, it's entirely possible that it could happen.

im was just saying my bf read the post to the lady on the phone and she called the girl a lier they only resend stuff out (which is what they had to do with my friend who didnt hear back in 4 weeks they said we sent something out 3 weeks ago and they resend her a pending letter which was dated abck 3 weeks ago)
or if they did tell her the person who told her would get fried no questions asked because that is very against their rules

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragment. Work's been busy so it's keeping my mind off of things while I wait for Monday to come. I didn't want to start a panic with doom and gloom, but at the same time, it happened to me, so it's like I wanted to put it out there.
Broghantaylor, I have to say that I'm really scared the CP people will think I'm lying too. Like, think that I just waited too long to respond and am now trying to get back in. And I'm totally confused why they wouldn't send the stuff back out again, like the lady on the phone said they do. I mean, something has to be wrong in that I didn't get the email or the packet, and when the lady was talking to me I was wondering why they wouldn't have tried harder to get a hold of me to find out that I really was going to pass on the job. I know that they don't tell you on the phone whether or not you've been accepted, but in my case it was you WERE accepted, and now you're not. I think my case was closed. If it had still been in the window for me to accept or deny, then perhaps they wouldn't have told me, just sent the stuff back out?
Also, I'm not sure how long DW would have given me to respond to the offer, but I know that DL told me I only have a week to accept the offer.

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragment. Work's been busy so it's keeping my mind off of things while I wait for Monday to come. I didn't want to start a panic with doom and gloom, but at the same time, it happened to me, so it's like I wanted to put it out there.
Broghantaylor, I have to say that I'm really scared the CP people will think I'm lying too. Like, think that I just waited too long to respond and am now trying to get back in. And I'm totally confused why they wouldn't send the stuff back out again, like the lady on the phone said they do. I mean, something has to be wrong in that I didn't get the email or the packet, and when the lady was talking to me I was wondering why they wouldn't have tried harder to get a hold of me to find out that I really was going to pass on the job. I know that they don't tell you on the phone whether or not you've been accepted, but in my case it was you WERE accepted, and now you're not. I think my case was closed. If it had still been in the window for me to accept or deny, then perhaps they wouldn't have told me, just sent the stuff back out?
Also, I'm not sure how long DW would have given me to respond to the offer, but I know that DL told me I only have a week to accept the offer.

Disney World gives you 2 weeks to accept/decline!

if i can offer advise to all of you waiting.my daughter kept checking her email BUT DIDNT CHECK SPAM FOLDER. Last night she was deleting her message and was ready to hit delete when something that was in spam folder caught her eye. it was disney saying YEs. they were only giving her to nov17 to respond. letter arrived in her spam mailbox on nov 3rd. found it last night at 1am. PLEASE CHECK SPAM MAIL YOURLETTER MAY BE THERE

I get notified when I get mail in my junk folder and I always check it. I was hoping maybe this was the case with me... but not yet :-(

Just a quick note to say no news today, the lead is still out. They said hopefully I'll know by Wed, but definitely Friday ( which puts me past the DL deadline, so hopefully the lead comes back tomorrow). Don't get discouraged guys! I'm sure I'm the only one this will happen to! :)

I emailed the recruiting email address that the WDW CP has been emailing from (because my phone interview was 8/24 and my pending notification was 9/7 and I really need to start planning for next semester) and have not yet received a reply.

They're probably re-looking at my info and saying "She's too impatient" and rejecting me as we speak. I'm really, really disheartened by this. I've been waiting a long time, and I really need to figure out what I'm doing next semester, and waiting like this is not helping me. I feel like my future is up in the air, and I've never wanted anything like this in my whole life. Never. Getting into this program means more to me than anything I've ever done. And right now? I feel very sad, because this was my only chance to apply. I'm graduating in December, and planning on grad school for Fall 2011. I have gone after my dream of applying to work at WDW and... nothing.

I'm sorry to complain, because I still have a chance. I'm still pending. Some people have been outrightly rejected or have had their jobs rescinded before they knew they had them in the first place. I just don't know who else to complain to, because no one else understands. I'm trying to prep myself for the fact that I might not be in Florida next semester so if I get rejected, I am not completely devastated, but it's tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter