Let's have a pending party!!

So after calling Friday, Monday, and Wednesday, I finally got the news today!! They reinstated everything!! I am officially a Photopass photographer for Spring Advantage!!! :banana: There was one person who was making all the decisions for the people who were in my situation, and I guess there were a few of us she had to evaluate. The person who I have been talking with said that she doesn't know how long it will take for tech to get my file re-sent to me, but that if I don't physically have anything by next thursday to call her back, but that it is officially my position, and there's no two week deadline (she said, "obviously though, when you get it, don't wait to accept it.")

LittleWitch, DON'T GIVE UP!! I know that they are still accepting people and sending out invitations. I even read about someone who did the program last year that got the call on the LAST day possible, and Disney said that she was accepted, but they didn't know where yet. So she showed up on the first day not even knowing what she was going to do. But I know what it's like to get discouraged after reading everyone getting their acceptance letters, which is why I kind of disappeared from here for a month. It was easier. But I have faith for you and am totally keeping my fingers crossed!!! :wizard::goodvibes

Yay! Did you they give you any reason that they didn't send out your stuff? But anyway, congratulations!! I've been waiting for 9 weeks now, but I still got hope!

LittleWitch, DON'T GIVE UP!! I know that they are still accepting people and sending out invitations. I even read about someone who did the program last year that got the call on the LAST day possible, and Disney said that she was accepted, but they didn't know where yet. So she showed up on the first day not even knowing what she was going to do. But I know what it's like to get discouraged after reading everyone getting their acceptance letters, which is why I kind of disappeared from here for a month. It was easier. But I have faith for you and am totally keeping my fingers crossed!!! :wizard::goodvibes

Thanks, hon. It's just a little discouraging, when I really think I have a great shot at this, to see so many people get accepted, while I'm still waiting.

I'm so glad for you! I can only imagine what it feels like to know you had and lost it... and got it back again. Good for you! Kick some serious photopass booty. I know you're gonna rock it.

That's great BigDreamer! Congrats!
I called recruiting and they looked up my application and said I'll know close to December 1st so that might be the date most of us will hear by. So 2 weeks and 5 days most likely.

That's great BigDreamer! Congrats!
I called recruiting and they looked up my application and said I'll know close to December 1st so that might be the date most of us will hear by. So 2 weeks and 5 days most likely.

which is the "on or before December 10" that they have been telling everyone this semester. go figure.

Sarcasm aside- you guys realize that when you call and ask them to look you up that you are keeping them from processing files, right? Which means that you are keeping them from moving forward and updating stuff so people find out their results.

December 1 may be their internal target date and they have been saying December 10 to have a buffer of some sort. But I wouldn't put much faith in December 1 as being a definite. If that was concrete, then that kinda means they already have a decision and they just aren't going to release it until then. They don't do that. Doesn't help them any to hold that info back since they need to know who is coming and who isn't as soon as they can.

which is the "on or before December 10" that they have been telling everyone this semester. go figure.

Sarcasm aside- you guys realize that when you call and ask them to look you up that you are keeping them from processing files, right? Which means that you are keeping them from moving forward and updating stuff so people find out their results.

December 1 may be their internal target date and they have been saying December 10 to have a buffer of some sort. But I wouldn't put much faith in December 1 as being a definite. If that was concrete, then that kinda means they already have a decision and they just aren't going to release it until then. They don't do that. Doesn't help them any to hold that info back since they need to know who is coming and who isn't as soon as they can.

But it's also tough to go this long and not be able to plan my next semester. If I am not accepted into the program, I'll be moving home to find a job, and really, if I could secure one now and be hired as temp help for the Christmas season, I might get kept on and have a job for next semester before I start graduate school. I know they said December 10th, but it's just stressful to have my future completely up in the air for this long.

I have to disagree with the statement about the files being held up. When you call, you're getting a customer service rep, not the people who process the apps. Like, when I called every other day, I got people whose job it is to sit at the phone bank and direct the calls to where they need to go. The operator, if you will. I do the same thing at my hotel, where people call up and want to send their friends gifts. I can pull up the guest's file to see when they're arriving, yadda yadda. I don't think that every time you call, a notation is made in your file, like, "Called Oct 4. Called Oct. 10. Called Oct 17" I highly doubt that. And if you get someone new every time you call, you're not annoying them, since they don't know you've called before. I can only guess at this part, because every time I called to check this last week, the operator would pull up my file, ask me a question, and I would have to explain the whole story over again. I got really good at the Cliff Note's version. :)

<<taken out due to incorect information. :) >> I know people are still doing phone interviews, as I saw a post from someone who had theirs yesterday. So hopefully Littlewitch and meluhkneec will know soon! :thumbsup2

I have to disagree with the statement about the files being held up. When you call, you're getting a customer service rep, not the people who process the apps.

When you get down there, see if you can set up a time to get an overview with recruiting and tour the casting building. You can disagree with me on opinions, but it is hard to do it on facts.

Calls get to the recruiting office, they have to stop what they are doing and take them. There really isn't much room for debate on this. There is a phone room there, but there aren't that many people who do it and calls get routed directly to recruiting. plus recruiting gives out their direct line (not the 800#) all of the time.

Just shoot them a quick email and ask what happens. I'd be more than happy to eat a little crow if I'm wrong.

Throw in the deadline for pending people too.

I called, because I never got a reply to my email, and I'm "still being considered," which is good news that they didn't reject me and forget to mail me a letter! I just feel really downhearted about all of this. I know they have until December 10th, but am I really that mediocre on paper and on the phone that they can't give me the position?

Hey guys! I received an e-mail from Disney Tech Support regarding some rumors that are being spread. One of the rumors is that the notification time for pending people is December 1st. Heres an excerpt from the e-mail:

"There is rumor floating around that the notification time for pending applicants is now December 1. No one really knows how this originated, but the timeframe hasn’t altered from December 10. Pending decisions are made each day and notification updates are sent out each day. This has happened throughout the recruiting season. There will be people who will find out before December 1. There will be people who are updated on December 1. There will also be notifications sent each day up until December 10 as well. With some of the rumors and speculations happening, some of these applicants are starting to call and email asking for an update thinking that they may have missed something although they were asked not to follow up until after December 10."

If you guys can spread the word around that would be great!

@newyoricanny - thanks for the heads up! It's easy for stuff to spread like wildfire, but it makes sense for them to not move up the deadline. I'll go back and edit my post so that latecomers don't get confused by me...

@littlewitch - Obviously you're not mediocre or they wouldn't have bothered holding on to your application. They could feel that you fit multiple roles, but they're holding you in reserve.

I called, because I never got a reply to my email, and I'm "still being considered," which is good news that they didn't reject me and forget to mail me a letter! I just feel really downhearted about all of this. I know they have until December 10th, but am I really that mediocre on paper and on the phone that they can't give me the position?

Certainly not. There maybe a huge demand for the role you applied for and a lot of applicants to review. It sucks to wait but it could all be very well worth it!

As a restricted rehire I was expected to be told no when I was doing my phone interview. But I did it on Oct. 30th and on November 11th got a letter saying they are processing my application. So I feel confident as I think most pending people should. If you weren't qualified they would just tell you no. Not waste your time by making you wait around.:thumbsup2

I was told that the fact that you were put on pending status tells you that they see you as an acceptable candidate, you have passed the interview stages. They have a lot of late applicants and need to sort through everyone and not to feel dis-heartened. The status does not mean you made any mistakes on your interview or that you should have answered any differently, it is just a numbers issue at this point.

D

I was told that the fact that you were put on pending status tells you that they see you as an acceptable candidate, you have passed the interview stages. They have a lot of late applicants and need to sort through everyone and not to feel dis-heartened. The status does not mean you made any mistakes on your interview or that you should have answered any differently, it is just a numbers issue at this point.

D

I know; I keep telling myself that. I'm having a rough week where I feel like I blend in with the background. This makes me feel the same way, like I just blended in.

So now that the extensions have been accepted/denied should we be expecting to hear soon?!?!

That's what I'm thinking. My boyfriend works at wdw as a participant and one of the managers told him that's how it goes and right after extensions are over with we should start hearing. He was accepted for main entrance ops Spring advantage and paid the fee but since he just got hired part time with Disney he might call and tell them he changed his mind in the next few days and his space could go to a pending person.
I'm sure some of us still might not hear until December 10th but hopefully lots of us find out soon and from what I heard there's still lots of spots left.

I put attractions as my number 2 and QSFB as my number 1 and a lot of my friends who extended are leaving QSFB to go to Attractions so they need help in attraction and probably need help in QSFB too.

I put attractions as my number 2 and QSFB as my number 1 and a lot of my friends who extended are leaving QSFB to go to Attractions so they need help in attraction and probably need help in QSFB too.

Attractions was my number one. Really, though, I love talking to people, especially about things I love (like WDW!) so anything where I get interaction is a plus for me. My dream role is working in the Haunted Mansion. Great Movie Ride is a close second. Where's your dream Disney job?

Attractions was my number one. Really, though, I love talking to people, especially about things I love (like WDW!) so anything where I get interaction is a plus for me. My dream role is working in the Haunted Mansion. Great Movie Ride is a close second. Where's your dream Disney job?

Well my dream Disney job is to be an Imagineer. But as far as this program is concerend I'm REALLY hoping to get attractions for Rockin' Roller Coaster or QSFB anywhere in the Magic Kingdom. I love RNR though and Aerosmith so I'm hoping I can get that.:thumbsup2

Well... it's 11/29, and 12/10 is drawing near. I think I need a support group for all this stress related to the pending status!

How are you guys and gals coping?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter