Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other makes of Minivans do they offer? I have a reservation for a minivan in May and am getting concerned with several reports about L&M vehicles in POOR condition. From what I have read I certainly do not want a Kia van. lmcarrental are you out there? What else do you have besides Kia and how many?

L&M,

So, would I even be confirmed a luxury car if I booked it? What type of luxury cars do you have? Cadillacs? Acuras? Lincolns?

Thank you! :)

I sent them an e-mail early in the week to see if they would beat National Rate in March for an SUV. I got a response asking for all details which I sent on Weds an no response since?? They need to improve there web responses.

I still ahve heard nothing I am out of tiem and give up we have 5 more days at hoem and I am not holding my breath i will not have time to go back and forth once we get to the airport.

My sister had a minivan reserved at Dollar for $245 for five days. I told her to check with L&M when she arrived at MCO, which was the 6th. She did that and said there was only one person ahead of her and L&M gave her the choice of a Ford Windstar, a Mercury Villager or a Kia for 10% less than her Dollar reservation. She took the Windstar and said it is a very nice vehicle. She was pleased with L&M.

OK here's an update....

I called L&M today to try and get the lowdown, with the gentleman who I spoke with a few months ago, reference their website and lack of response on emails.

Honestly, not to sure how that turned out :confused:

I was told that as of yesterday their email system was working. He will check all of the addresses today.

I was told that the reservations get sent right to that dept.

I also asked if this person, was the one posting here on the DIS. Nope, he didn't know who that might have been.

I did a little research and tied L&M to EZ Carrental with about 7 locations, mainly in FL. Off site and at other airports. Hmmm???

So anyway, to sum it up, I really got knowwhere :eek:

I can still say though, that I used them once without a glitch, I am using them next week and also have two more vehicles reserved for the end of March. If a problem arises, this will be the first place I post it.

As I wrote in another thread, I am an avid EC member as well, and didn't have any problems with them. But they've gotten some pretty negatives posts as of late as well.

Growing pains????

We'll see....

So, lets keep hearing those reports, good or bad, we need those opinions...

They are also in Puerto Rico.
I have a VERY funny feeling that the guy posting here was a hoax and not someone who works for L&M. Time will tell and it is not the first time I have had to say I am wrong. ;)
I truly hope this works for you Pluto. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I made a reservation a couple weeks ago and did get an e-mail confirmation. At the same time, I sent an e-mai tol L & M asking about some of their policies. After a week, I sent a second e-mail. Reading these posts, it seems they have frequent problems with email, servers, etc. So I sent a fax yesterday, but haven't heard anything back.

I gotta tell ya, if this is any indication of this company's operations, I don't expect they'll be around long! I have sent one final e-mail (since supposely it's working again). If I don't get a response, I'll be going elsewhere.

5 minutes on the phone with an " I dunno" person and another 3 with a rude bi*ch, and a computer virus (thank goodness for Norton Antivirus Mail Scan) is all it took for me to be disenchanted.

Several posts that I have read has caused me to book a mini van with Dollar for May. Eventhough their Minivan is $40 more (Currently, the price is the same but I reserved a mini van from L&M several weeks ago for $159.95/week. Now it is $199.95/week) I feel it is worth it to go with a reputable company who is known for good customer service. I also like the fact that most of Dollar's mini vans have integrated child safety seats. I plan on cancelling L&M's reservation soon. With some recent posts about poor L&M customer service and vehicles problems I wonder why lmcarrental has not responded to this post? Makes you wonder????

I spoke with L+M yesterday when I noticed that the return tim eon my minivan wasn't the same as I had requested. the person I spoke to was very pleasant and accomodating. He said they rent windstars, villagers, (no KIA) I'll let people know when I get back how it went.

We returned yesterday. Here's what happened to us.

I had a reservation with Dollar for a compact from 2/12 to 2/16 for $124.01.

I got on L&M's website and e-mailed them giving them my reservation info with Dollar and asking if they indeed would beat that amount by 10%. I received a reply telling me: "Yes. Just bring your confirmation from Dollar with the price. Show them a copy of this e-mail and they will beat your price by 10%. Let them know you have talked to Michael. Please take a copy of this e-mail to the counter. Thank you for contacting us."

Tuesday evening (9:00 p.m.), my sis-in-law and I went to the L&M counter. I gave them my Dollar reservation print out and told them that I understood they would beat that price by 10%. The clerk at the counter told me there was no way they would do that.

I then showed the clerk the e-mail from Michael. He read it and said that Michael wasn't at the MCO location, he was at central reservations and had nothing to do with that location.

He said there was no way they would give me a car for that price at "this season". I asked what "season" this was. He said it was the Daytona. He then told me that Dollar would probably not even honor the reservation I had with them! That statement made me wonder if L&M sometimes does not honor their own reservations, depending on the "season".

After I commented that L&M is evidently not dependable, he telephoned a manager and was told by the manager that they would not rent a car to me for that price, no matter who said they would. I told him that I was going to make a report about my experience here and that it could hurt future business. He didn't seem to mind.

I then went to the Dollar counter and had no problems whatsoever. They honored my reservation. I received very quick, efficient, friendly service. I didn't have to show my insurance card or paper.

I just can't trust L & M after my experience.

Well, after reading as much as I have, L&M will never get my business! It's not worth the hassle to save a few bucks, that you may or may not save.

I wonder how much longer they'll be at MCO with this kind of service?

DJT- Sorry to hear that you had problems.. I was wondering if I was the only one..
Lucky for you, you did have your orginal reservation still. I didn't. I trusted them. However, it worked out for us, we just used Mears. It's so sad that a company just doesn't care.

Hope rest of your vacation was wonderfu.

Good luck, Pluto. I hope they are able to atleast keep you happy. Or, there won't be many supporters left at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter