Let's hear your ~Fall Garden Tips~

Tulirose, like you and Bobbi, we do a bit of all three. Most of the time we only remove the plant material and compost it (except if it's diseased, then it goes in the garbage). This empties them about halfway and we add more soilless container mix in the spring. Probably only a third of our containers get completely emptied each fall.

I do empty my vegggie containers every year.

Now, having said that, that means that our containers don't get thoroughly cleaned every year, which is often recommended by the experts, especially if you aren't using container mix.

It seems to be one of those...whatever you have time for, or feel most comfortable doing...kind of things. :)

I'm sorry if this didn't help you out.

Speaking of containers, here's another tip, although it's more useful for the spring.

Don't be intimidated by large containers, thinking that they will need tons of soil to fill them. Use an empty plastic nursery pot upside down inside the container, and then add your soil.

Bobbi, you were at MNSSHP? I hope you had a fun time!! :)

Yes, Mom, DH and I took a quick trip to Florida last weekend, and we had tickets for MNSSHP, but we were too tired to stay to the end, but we enjoyed what we did. We've already received the picture that the studio takes. Mom (83) had never been trick-or-treating and she had lots of fun. We had dinner with the Princesses at the GF before the party. The weather was beautiful and we also checked out possible retirement places for Tom and me while we were in Florida. We anticipate retiring in '07.

Bobbi

While cleaning up the garden is a always a good idea in the fall (putting it to bed for the winter) ... don't forget to leave some of the more interesting plants alone to create some winter interest in the garden. I like to leave the stalks and dried cones of my coneflowers standing through the winter months... they are beautiful against the winter snows. :)

Laura...:) It is SO nice to see you here!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) We've missed you...:)

Bobbie, it sounds like you had a perfect vacation, and what a great adventure for your Mom! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter