Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chang: “Our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian Resort.” Looks like theres our answer hopefully.
This is same phrasing. No new info.
Also true, My God trying to get a straight answer out of these people... But I think it's just a quirk in wording. He did say "part of existing" so I'll assume same association until the actual documents are shown
I think they just aren’t as precise as the average DVC Member on the Disboards…see below.
The question was specific to new or existing associations though. It might be a highly legalese answer but in terms of answering the question asked, it seems like they are saying same association.
They demonstrated throughout that they try there hardest to NOT answer in a straightforward way. Example: “availability”. They thought they would frontrun this issue and the first three member questions was still about “availability”.
Dvc fan also reporting that it will be part of same association
Love there work but jumping the gun maybe. Also confirmation bias? He and Amy both stated they believed it would be part of the same association.
I agree - it will be part of the existing Polynesian Village Resort (as distinct from the Grand Floridian Resort area, for example) but not necessarily part of the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows condominium association.

Exactly, very carefully wordsmithed.
They speak corporate jargon! Unintentional I’m sure.
I spoke to 3 guides this week who all separately said although they knew nothing their personal belief would be that it would likely be a new association based on the way DVD was moving forward. Our resale PVB just went through ROFR yesterday. Doesn’t this behavior seems so strange? Why aren’t they buying back the resale contracts??
I was at the livestream in Frontier Tower and had a chance to get Dan, the GM at VDH’s reaction afterwards, at first, he conflated the words “resort” with “association”. After I emphasized the difference, he said, “in my personal opinion it will absolutely be a new association”. This only after I asked, do you think current poly members will be able to book rooms at Poly2 at 11months? He followed his opinion with, “its like owning two houses.”

Several people posted they would only buy tower if it was new. With today's announcement and RIV's good promotion, might sales boom for RIV?
I said I would strongly consider buying if it was new, but with it being the same, I feel comfortable testing the waters at 7 months with my resale points. Since I do own at RIV, more direct points to pair with them is always nice, but now that it’s same association, I definitely don’t feel rushed to buy points especially after recently buying my RIV points. At the same time though, maybe it’ll be a good thing for it to be same association so it has higher resale value should I ever decide to sell Poly down the road. I don’t feel bad about buying RIV direct because at the end of the day thats where we want to stay, Epcot is our favorite and it’s the only way to stay there guaranteed past 2042.

I think they just aren’t as precise as the average DVC Member on the Disboards…see below.

They demonstrated throughout that they try there hardest to NOT answer in a straightforward way. Example: “availability”. They thought they would frontrun this issue and the first three member questions was still about “availability”.

Love there work but jumping the gun maybe. Also confirmation bias? He and Amy both stated they believed it would be part of the same association.

I was at the livestream in Frontier Tower and had a chance to get Dan, the GM at VDH’s reaction afterwards, at first, he conflated the words “resort” with “association”. After I emphasized the difference, he said, “in my personal opinion it will absolutely be a new association”. This only after I asked, do you think current poly members will be able to book rooms at Poly2 at 11months? He followed his opinion with, “its like owning two houses.”
Oh my god I swear can this resort just open already and end all of this 😂

Funny how news outlets run with stating part of the “association” from a statement made as part of the “Polynesian resort”. I’ll wait for the word “association” in a DVC official report. (News flash: Copper Creek is part of the Wilderness Lodge resort 😂).

Funny how news outlets run with stating part of the “association” from a statement made as part of the “Polynesian resort”. I’ll wait for the word “association” in a DVC official report. (News flash: Copper Creek is part of the Wilderness Lodge resort 😂).

Based on DVCNews twitter posting, the question was whether it will be part of the same or new association?

Did they misrepresent the actual question?

Yep, and Disney’s BoardWalk Resort is composed of BoardWalk Inn and BoardWalk Villas.

In any case, this is probably a nice boost for PVB resale prices!

Glad I waited regardless of what it actually is, I’ve never seen so many people excited for what was called a “eyesore” and an “ugly prison” 😂

At the very least I have the option to save some money on this thing in the future if it is the same at least. The question is whether or not the difference is worth it to have more direct points that can be used at RIV, CFW and VDH 🤔

Based on DVCNews twitter posting, the question was whether it will be part of the same or new association?

Did they misrepresent the actual question?
Shouldn’t have asked two questions in one. Answered perfectly for marketing. Made a true answer. Is it the “same”? Currently part of the Polynesian Resort. Is it “new”? Currently part of the Polynesian Resort.

Shouldn’t have asked two questions in one. Answered perfectly for marketing. Made a true answer. Is it the “same”? Currently part of the Polynesian Resort. Is it “new”? Currently part of the Polynesian Resort.
Watch DVC do a bait and switch and get a bunch of people to buy resale Poly contracts and then decide in the end to make it a new association 😂

Watch DVC do a bait and switch and get a bunch of people to buy resale Poly contracts and then decide in the end to make it a new association 😂
If they’re not buying those resale contracts from DVC, how is it a bait and switch on DVC’s part? If it gets people to buy direct PVB points now, they still get Poly tower access (although at 7 months not 11).

I don’t necessarily know this will push people to RIV at all. I have been holding off adding more points because I really want to own at poly tower. I was thinking about adding on at RIV with the new incentives with the assumption the new tower will be a new association and I could still have access with direct RIV points. Instead, I will just forego direct completely and buy poly resale… I am still going to hold off as I don’t think this announcement made anything official.
Poly new with no resale restrictions looks a lot more attractive than riv new with resale restrictions to me. Poly will hold it’s value much better.

The exact phrasing doesn’t matter because it was an answer given directly to the question of whether it will be the same association. They left themselves some wiggle room to change their minds, but people who think the language is the same same and nothing has changed are grasping at straws.

The question asked was specifically about that. They answered ‘that’s the plan’. I don’t know what else you could want.

I’m not a skilled Disboarder, but I’ll jump in. I do not and cannot believe that the representing body of DVC would intentionally play a game of Guess the Double Entendre with the audience. This is especially true after the question was very specifically asking about the association and they said it would be “the same” to that exact question. If they didn’t know, weren’t able to say, or the answer was no, they would have (and should have) said so. Especially after the entire room applauded and cheered as a result of hearing it would be the same. They know the audience has a firm grasp of the obvious that the Poly tower sits on the property of the Polynesian resort. They weren’t giving us that info. Giving information that the audience clearly took to mean one thing and meaning the opposite without clarification would be one of the worst things they have ever done to their membership base. And while they are capable of mistakes, I don’t think they made this one.

We are not jumping the gun, I promise. We have analyzed DVC for a long time now. We may not always be right, but we are sure on this one that this was a confirmation they are currently planning for it to be the same association and they won’t go back on this. Especially, after how it was received by the room.

Last edited:
I’m not a skilled Disboarder, but I’ll jump in. I do not and cannot believe that the representing body of DVC would intentionally play a game of Guess the Double Entendre with the audience. This is especially true after the question was very specifically asking about the association and they said it would be “the same” to that exact question. If they didn’t know, weren’t able to say, or the answer was no, they would have (and should have) said so. Especially after the entire room applauded and cheered as a result of hearing it would be the same. They know the audience has a firm grasp of the obvious that the Poly tower sits on the property of the Polynesian resort. They weren’t giving us that info. Giving information that the audience clearly took to mean one thing and meaning the opposite without clarification would be one of the worst things they have ever done to their membership base. And while they are capable of mistakes, I don’t think they made this one.

We are not jumping the gun, I promise. We have analyzed DVC for a long time now. We may not always be right, but we are sure on this one that this was a confirmation they are currently planning for it to be will be the same association and they won’t go back on this. Especially, after how it was received by the room.
Yeah, this. Disney isn’t playing fiddley foot with the answer here just to be jerks. If they wanted to stay vague, they could have just said “we can’t comment on that yet,” or “we haven’t made a firm decision yet.” I get that there are a lot of direct owners who don’t like that resale owners will be able to book here, or maybe Riv owners who aren’t happy that this new product will have higher resale value than what they bought, but come on…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter