Lisa and Geoff's Castaway Cay DCL Dream Wedding PJ&TR 11-12-11

I just recently started planning our August 2013 wedding @ Castaway Cay & your pictures gave me an idea of what to expect... thanks!!

We invited most of our friends & family & I'm getting a little nervous if they all do show up! hehehe I know that's not going to happen, but I have a question... you mentioned you had 59 guests... how do they accommodate everyone for the rotation dinner?

It was actually very easy. I had everyone book their own trip. After they booked, I asked them to just send me the confirmation number since you have to turn that in to Shanda. I talked to Shanda and asked her about dining together. Although she could not guarantee we would sit together, she said they would do everything they could to get us in the same restaurant each night. I came up with a seating arrangement based on 4, 6, and 8 top tables (those are the sizes of tables on the Dream) and submitted it to her. I did ask about doing this, and then she was very accommodating but had I not asked I think dinner would have just been assigned randomly. She sent it to DCL and they sent it back with a different table arrangement and I tweaked it and sent it back. It was perfect! We were all in the same section of the restaurant each night and it was very easy for me to see everyone. Shanda was awesome helping me out with this.

Your wedding pictures are beautiful! I love your bouquet! :goodvibes

Thank you! I loved my bouquet, too!

ok cool... I will have to let Shanda know... I was a little worried thinking that I wont be able to see everyone... but if we are in the same area that's good :)

Absolutely beautiful .. loved looking at your photos.

I've got so long until mine (2015) .. we've waited 10 years to get engaged so we're not in any hurry, but your photos give us some idea of what to expect should we get married on CC. Privately, I'm hoping for a DCL Med cruise in 2015 to make it cheaper for us as we're paying for Micks daughters, partners and children too :scared1: Much cheaper for our families and friends too!

Transatlantic airfares will be monstrous so I'd really like to avoid it if possible (perhaps getting DCL to ensure a Med cruise in 2015 is a request too far for Shanda?!!!);)

We went looking at the wedding location on CC in Feb and if we do have the ceremony there, I'll be asking if we can have it by the Heads Up Bar (where you had some photos taken) ... neither of us like sand so the Heads Up bar would be perfect .... wooden decking, space for people to stand/sit, a view of the boat PLUS .... a bar for a welcome cocktail or two!!!! :laughing:

Anyway, many congratulations to you both. :thumbsup2

Joa

Thank you! A Med. cruise would be awesome! I haven't seen any pictures from a wedding there so that would be nice. Before you know it, 2015 will be here!!

The CC wedding site is right next to the Head's Up Bar. All you can do is ask about having a ceremony there. Who knows, they may just do it for you! Good luck with all of your planning and decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter