Lisa and Geoff's Castaway Cay DCL Dream Wedding PJ&TR 11-12-11

I love your pictures!!

Beautiful wedding. You flowers are so pretty and bright! Love that!:lovestruc

Can't wait to read more

So, one of my friends who also got married this year inspired me to cut up one of my wedding invitations and make a Christmas ornament. I went to Target this morning and bought clear white balls, and about 15 minutes later it was hanging on my tree. I played with the curls inside and can see words like our names, Disney Dream, Castaway Cay, etc. It was very easy to do...in case any one is looking for easy gift ideas or what to do with leftover wedding invitations. I may add some bling to the silver top on the ornament.

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

Lisa,

Your ceremony was lovely! You looked gorgeous!

Love the ornament. What a great idea!

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Day 4 Castaway Cay After the Ceremony

For years, my sisters and I have taken this same picture pose. We call it our "cheek picture."

Day_3669.jpg

And, here is the group photo I wanted! :banana: It came out great and Santi got me a huge one to hang in our house. :woohoo:

Day_3673.jpg

392313_2180843283060_1306268863_31781074_192648003_n-1.jpg

After the group photo, everyone loaded the tram to go back to the ship. Geoff and I had about 15-20 minutes to take some pictures and get back to the ship. Santi and Janee stayed with us and we took lots of pictures!

flowers.jpg

Day_3685.jpg

Day_3690.jpg

Day_3692.jpg

Day_3705.jpg

Day_3710.jpg

Day_3716.jpg

Day_3722.jpg

Day_3734.jpg

Day_3740.jpg

One of the bartenders at the little bar right there bought us a drink. It was so very nice! :goodvibes

Day_3697.jpg

Time to head back to the ship...

Day_3744.jpg

Day_3745.jpg

Day_3747.jpg

Day_3748.jpg

Day_3751.jpg

Day_3757-1.jpg

Day_3762.jpg

Day_3769.jpg

Day_3775.jpg

Day_3781.jpg

Day_3797.jpg

People along the way back were SO nice. They were yelling “Congratulations” and waving. It was so nice. I know several people complain that the wedding site is not private but we did not have 1 person interrupt what was going on and everyone was VERY respectful.

On to the reception! I hope I didn’t bore you with too many pictures. I have so many more!

So lovely! Looking at al your pictures gets me very excited for our upcoming honeymoon cruise! We love DCL, it's very very addicting!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see more amazing pictures

So lovely! Looking at al your pictures gets me very excited for our upcoming honeymoon cruise! We love DCL, it's very very addicting!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see more amazing pictures

Thank you! We have our honeymoon cruise coming up in March! I cannot wait! You are so correct in saying it is addicting!!

Lisa,

Fabulous pictures! The more I see, the more upset I am that I didn't get to see you in person.

DCL is addicting. It's terrible. :cool1:

I just love reading your TR. The pictures keep getting better and better. I see one and think its my favorite and then I see the next. I have to say I love the one with you guys having a drink on the golf cart, too funny!! I also love the one with Goofy, that is so cool:)

BTW I love the ornament idea. I am going to try that!

Lisa,

I just caught up on reading everything. Looks so nice! You guys look so happy. Congrats!

Lisa,

Fabulous pictures! The more I see, the more upset I am that I didn't get to see you in person.

DCL is addicting. It's terrible. :cool1:

I just love reading your TR. The pictures keep getting better and better. I see one and think its my favorite and then I see the next. I have to say I love the one with you guys having a drink on the golf cart, too funny!! I also love the one with Goofy, that is so cool:)

BTW I love the ornament idea. I am going to try that!

Lisa,

I just caught up on reading everything. Looks so nice! You guys look so happy. Congrats!

Thank you all for following along. I have gotten caught up in so much going on I have been terrible about finishing my TR! Hopefully this week I will finish. We go on our Honeymoon in March on the Magic so I have to be done by then! :thumbsup2

Day 4 Part 3 Reception

We walked back onto the ship. First thing was an elevator picture!

Day_3799-1.jpg

Our reception was in the D Lounge because we had too many people for the Outlook. I have been to a couple of weddings on other cruise ships (Carnival and Royal Carribean) and this lounge did not look so nightclubish. I was happy about that. We walked in and Andy had everyone lined up with our ribbon wands. It looked cool walking in to that.

Day_3802.jpg

Day_3803.jpg

Our cake was set up on a table on the stage. It was not the cake I picked out (I picked the one with the polka dots on it) but I loved this one even more. I think it looks like one of the new cakes but I am not sure.

Day_3813.jpg

Day_3815.jpg

Day_3816.jpg

Day_3817.jpg

My brother in law did the toast. I loved the lighting in this lounge. It was very romantic while we were dancing. My BIL did a great job with the toast. We both appreciated his nice words and the humor that was also added in.

Day_3818.jpg

Day_3821.jpg

Day_3822.jpg

This was everyone listening to the toast. After the toast, everyone sat down to have cake while Geoff and I danced and we danced with our parents. It was very important to me to have this part of the day move quickly without a lot of down time since I wanted everyone to get to go to Castaway Cay.

Day_3835.jpg

We cut our cake and fed each other with a fork. I do not like the smashing thing. Our cake was marble with the white chocolate mousse truffle icing. OMG it was SO good although Geoff and I only had the bite we fed each other!

Day_3845.jpg

Day_3848.jpg

Day_3851.jpg

Day_3853.jpg

Day_3854.jpg

Day_3856.jpg

Then we danced to “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Michael Buble and we danced with my dad and his mom to “Close to You” by the Carpenters.

Day_3865.jpg

Day_3875.jpg

Day_3894.jpg

Day_3899.jpg

Day_3910.jpg

Day_3913.jpg

While we were dancing, Janee went around and got a picture of each family that was at the wedding. That is nice for us to have.

Since everyone had cake while we were dancing, Geoff and I got on the stage when we were done. We thanked everyone for coming and told them to make sure to get going to Castaway Cay and that lunch was available on the island or up in Cabanas. We also asked that each family on their way out stop and get a picture taken with me and Geoff. In this picture you can even see they put rose petals along the stage.

Day_3927.jpg

Day_3946.jpg

I love that I got a picture with each family. All of the little girls wanted to hold my bouquet.

Everyone cleared out and Andy let us know we would have a surprise later in our stateroom.

Day 4 Part 4 More Wedding Day Pics

After everyone left, we went walking around the ship and took some more pictures. The ship was empty!

Day_3983.jpg

Day_3989.jpg

Day_3990.jpg

Day_3998.jpg

Day_4004.jpg

Day_4007.jpg

Day_4015.jpg

Day_4021.jpg

Day_4023.jpg

Day_4024.jpg

Day_4026.jpg

Day_4028.jpg

Day_4042-1.jpg

Day_4048.jpg

Day_4063.jpg

Day_4074.jpg

There were so many pictures to pick from, I tried to pick some of the different ones. We had such a great time walking around the ship taking pictures! It was an absolutely perfect wedding.

So excited to see more photos :yay::yay: Everything looks amazing, you two look so happy :) I love the close up photo of you guys with aquaduck in the background; so cool! There are so many awesome photos. Number one and three are my favorites I think. I love that you were able to get the Christmas decorations in your pictures. Looks like it is going to be hard to put an album together.

So excited to see more photos :yay::yay: Everything looks amazing, you two look so happy :) I love the close up photo of you guys with aquaduck in the background; so cool! There are so many awesome photos. Number one and three are my favorites I think. I love that you were able to get the Christmas decorations in your pictures. Looks like it is going to be hard to put an album together.

Yes, it is very hard to put together an album! What I have posted is just a sampling of all of our pictures. I guess there is the problem of having too many pictures! One of my friends made me a book from Shutterfly and I also got a free 12x12 one so I did that one of just the wedding, no other pictures. I will get it all figured out. It just takes so long! Thanks for following along! I am almost finished!!

I just recently started planning our August 2013 wedding @ Castaway Cay & your pictures gave me an idea of what to expect... thanks!!

We invited most of our friends & family & I'm getting a little nervous if they all do show up! hehehe I know that's not going to happen, but I have a question... you mentioned you had 59 guests... how do they accommodate everyone for the rotation dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter