• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lisa and Rick's PJ/TR: Peace, Love, Mickey Mouse DFTVR! - DAY THREE! =)

I love the vendor reviews! I'm wondering, is Paul with DFTW, and did he do your ceremony/reception?

Hi and thanks! Yes, Paul was with Disney and worked as a photographer but he is either leaving or has already left.:sad2: He did our Magic Kingdom photo shoot and he was really great to work with too :lovestruc

Hi and thanks! Yes, Paul was with Disney and worked as a photographer but he is either leaving or has already left.:sad2: He did our Magic Kingdom photo shoot and he was really great to work with too :lovestruc

Oh that's my luck lol. I'm getting a lot of bad news tonight! Ah well, your pictures are beautiful.

Day One: :dance3: :yay:

My parents like to arrive at Disney about 2-3 days early for the added rest/fun it provides them. They usually stay at Shades of Green for those few days since Daddy is retired military :goodvibes For this trip, Mom said, “would it help you to go down a couple of days early for your vow renewal, Lisa?” Uh, YES, it would, lol!!! :cheer2: Even though, it was hard on poor hubby to be left behind for a couple of days (he could not leave early and one son had important girlfriend stuff going on), it turned out to be such a blessing! I’ll explain later…

Regretfully, I did not remember to take any pictures of packing the car or the trip down, so please bear with me during the picture-less section. Mom and Dad came over to my house bright and early on Thursday morning to pick up me and all my stuff. I tried to leave some things behind for Rick to take but most of it came with me, including my dress, of course :bride: I settled into the back seat of their 4Runner and sort of set up shop. One of the main jobs still undone was to pack my welcome party favor bags. We all gossiped about what fun we would have on our trip to Disney while I packed our wedding music MP3 discs, personalized chocolates, gum and candy in party favor treat bags which I will picture again here for something to look at, lol!!
DSC01354.jpg

We normally like to stop for a sit-down breakfast on the way but since we had Kona Café to look forward to for dinner and wanted to be sure to get there early enough for our ressie, we decided to pop in to McDonalds for a quickie breakfast on the run! We brought snacks for the car and with a couple of pit-stops, we made it to Disney by around 6:20pm – yes! :love: Here is the entrance picture – Daddy even pulled off the road so I could get a better picture, LOL!
DSC00788.jpg

We had plenty of time to check in at Shades of Green and walk to the Poly for our 7pm ressie – yum!

After lugging in our “luggage,” we walked over to the Poly. On that walk, we pass by a small pond that has the ubiquitous sign/warning about alligators and I actually thought to myself, I wonder if there is an alligator in the water…and here is the picture:
DSC00791.jpg

There WAS an alligator in the water and Daddy estimated it was four to five feet long based upon the size of his head!!!! :scared1: We couldn’t believe it. He was attracting a little crowd too with everyone just watching him watching us. Finally, we tore ourselves away and continued on to our yummy dinner. At the Poly, we saw more wildlife but this time just a cute little rabbit:
DSC00792.jpg

Why didn’t I take food pictures, argghhh!! :confused3 I think my dad got a salmon dish (he adores that) and mom and I shared the teriyaki steak and potatoes entrée. That really is an excellent piece of beef :thumbsup2 We all ordered our own dessert. I was still attempting to be good and ordered the fruit and chocolate fondue which was delicious!

With full tummies, we did our usual wander about the Poly checking out the little store upstairs and across from Kona. It was dark when we headed out for our walk back to Shades of Green. Believe it or not, we could still see the alligator in the pond and the moonlight picked up his eyes in the water. :eek: My mom was a bit unnerved by this because the alligator was moving about a little in the water…my night shots did not take well enough. On the way to our room, I could not resist getting a picture of Patriotic Mickey from Shades of Green lobby.
DSC00794.jpg

Off to our room to get some shut-eye so we could get to Magic Kingdom on Day Two :yay:

:cool1: So excited to see your first day. I can only imagine what the assembly line of you putting together the bags in the car had to look like; I know how messed up our hotel room was when we put ours together.

That's scary how actually saw an alligator :eek: Kona cafe is so yummy, although I've only been there for lunch and dinner, I wonder if their menu is different at dinner :confused:

I am so embarrassed to see the date I last updated! I think getting to this part was very overwhelming for me! I started Day two last week and I have spent over two hours tonight trying to finish writing and get pictures into photobucket to get this installment ready. Kudos to others that are able to put it together so much better than me :confused3

Speaking of you, Vanessa, your trip report is positively awesome. :worship: I am going to keep plugging away at this and get it done!!

Kona has an excellent dinner menu. I love the teriyaki steak with roasted potatoes but there are many excellent dishes. I always go look at allears for the latest menu and prices.

I was glad that I had the backseat all to myself to do those favors :laughing: And I was really glad when I got it done!! :goodvibes

Now, on to Day Two...

Day Two, Friday:

I was up early by 6am and virtuously headed to the Shades of Green fitness center. I knew how I would indulge today and wanted to get in a workout occasionally! Their gym is pretty nice. I did the bike and then some ab work for about an hour. Left there and checked out the AAFES store. Finally, I decided to get a coffee and Daddy found me at the Java bar. They have very good Starbucks coffee at Shades of Green!

Pretty soon, we were all ready to face the day! We packed up my boxes which included things like our guest books, personalized napkins and M & M custom favors. Daddy drove us over to Franck’s studio and a very nice assistant there took my loot and promised it would be delivered safely to the reception. :wizard: We also explored the grounds for a few minutes and even got to peek in on a rehearsal at the wedding pavilion:
DSC00805.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

We couldn’t wait to get to Magic Kingdom today. All three of us dream about the frozen lattes and cinnamon rolls at Main Street Bakery and we planned to head directly there to get our fix, yum!!! We took the bus from Shades to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then rode the ferry over to MK. We went to get our bags inspected and that is where our plan broke down :sad2: Security inspected Daddy’s utility pack. He was okay with Dad’s mobile ham radio but he happened to notice that Daddy had what looked like a large pen hooked onto his shorts pocket! Lo and behold, Daddy was carrying in a small penknife! :eek: Had he just dropped it inside his pocket, it would have attracted no attention. Instead, he was directed to get a small locker to store it while we were visiting the park. Dad was irritated right off, partly because he wished he had noticed it earlier and put it into his pocket instead of hooking it and also because it was so obviously not meant as a weapon. The fiasco worsened as the security “people” first had Daddy get the change from us (Mom actually flagged down another guest to try to get change for her dollar) to buy the mini-locker and then the locker was broken. Then Daddy had them cough up more change for a second locker and it wouldn’t open either!! :scared: Finally, after some heated discussion and then some calming conversation, one of the lead security people told my father to just put the little penknife in his pocket and leave it there during our visit. What a “not so fun” way to start our Magic Kingdom day as all this drama took about 40 minutes! Thank goodness it all worked out though!

Belatedly, we made our way to Main Street Bakery and assuaged our tension with the yummy carbs in our frozen lattes and and cinnamon rolls. After such a delicious meal, we calmed down and were ready to take on the park! :goodvibes

Daddy usually prefers to ride shady park benches but today, we managed to convince him to try Laugh Floor for the first time. I caught him laughing at the corny jokes several times and Mom and I loved watching him enjoy it! :rotfl: As we were walking out of Laugh Floor, we noticed this darling boy running between his mom and maybe an aunt. We always notice cute babies and kids and the mom allowed me to take his picture :lovestruc
DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

Tomorrowland Transit Authority is always a fave for my parents so we did that too.
DSC00812.jpg

The black line in front of my dad happens to be the antenna on his mobile ham radio. You can see it in the pics coming up too, lol! We then wandered over to enjoy all the kids driving their race cars at the Tomorrowland Speedway. Then, we rode the train from Toonland back to the front of Magic Kingdom.

It started raining quite a bit at this point and we ducked into the shop next to Tony’s Town Square. To our good luck, they had Pluto, Chip, and Dale entertaining the kids and adults inside here until the rain stopped and the parade could begin. We scoped out a bench to watch the characters interact. Soon, however, we became part of the show!
DSC00813.jpg

Dale outdid himself thrilling my parents and embarrassing me. Daddy felt Dale’s arm and told him he could definitely tell he was a macho chipmunk. Dale agreed heartily and upon hearing of the impending vows began to flirt with me!! Here is the evidence of our great fun!!
DSC00816.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Finally the rain stopped and we caught the parade and started back down Main Street. We had an ADR at Plaza Restaurant, so we headed there. They were busy turning people away and I could tell they thought we were hoping to get in without a ressie! She was surprised to have someone walk up with an ADR, lol. We were seated within minutes and we enjoyed the ambiance and sitting right by the front window too. I had the Cheese Steak sandwich and while I enjoyed the flavor, it could have been juicier. I had fries with my sandwich and enjoyed them. We had planned on getting dessert here as well but we wanted a better choice of ice cream flavors so we opted to go next door to the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor :mickeybar We picked our ice cream and ducked back into the Main Street Bakery to eat it.

Daddy then humored us for a time while we wandered through the Emporium. Mom found the cutest Mickey wristlet purse in yellow. I ended up buying a different color in the same style and here it is:
DSC01730.jpg

At this point we headed out of the park and back to Shades of Green to settle in for the night. This was a great day overall notwithstanding our difficult arrival at MK. Be careful what you carry to the parks! :rolleyes:

Day Three: Celebration and the Quest for Stickers!

Yeah for starting again!!

SOG has starbucks!????! Mental note to find someone in the service my next trip to WDW! :lmao:

Sorry about the problems getting in!!

You have been over to my PJ a couple of time so I came to read yours and I cant wait for you to finish it!!! Everything looked great!! I loved your marriage story!! What a great trip that must have been!!

Loving your TR. I love that cute little wristlet you bought!!! Very pretty colors!

You have been over to my PJ a couple of time so I came to read yours and I cant wait for you to finish it!!! Everything looked great!! I loved your marriage story!! What a great trip that must have been!!

Thanks! :goodvibes It was so memorable - I will always treasure that trip :lovestruc

Loving your TR. I love that cute little wristlet you bought!!! Very pretty colors!

Yes, I still love that wristlet :cutie:

:cool1: I was excited to see the next installment that I had somehow missed until now.

It definitely sounds like getting into MK that day was a big hassle, but thankfully it all worked out. I am going to have to remember to try the frozen latte at the bakery; it sounds fantastic!

I love the shots of your parents with Dale. It's always great to see the characters with the adults too!

We love the Plaza too, it's always on our list of ADR; I think most people don't even realize it's there. I love their tuna sandwich :thumbsup2

It looks like you really had a wonderful day, it's so nice that you were able to spend some time with your parents :goodvibes

I am loving this report--can't wait to read more!

I love that you had time with your parents before all of this. Just seems so appropriate. SOunds wonderful. Forgive me fore laughing about teh incident with your dad. All too close to my dad having a fit because his tic didn't work at MK. Not pretty. Off course, he was using his hotel key which did not have his tic on it. Ugh.

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Yeah for starting again!!

SOG has starbucks!????! Mental note to find someone in the service my next trip to WDW! :lmao:

Oh, I am so slow to respond! You can walk right in and get Starbucks coffee at SOG - as long as you do it between 6am and 1pm :lovestruc

:cool1: I was excited to see the next installment that I had somehow missed until now.

It definitely sounds like getting into MK that day was a big hassle, but thankfully it all worked out. I am going to have to remember to try the frozen latte at the bakery; it sounds fantastic!

I love the shots of your parents with Dale. It's always great to see the characters with the adults too!

We love the Plaza too, it's always on our list of ADR; I think most people don't even realize it's there. I love their tuna sandwich :thumbsup2

It looks like you really had a wonderful day, it's so nice that you were able to spend some time with your parents :goodvibes

Yes, the time at MK with my parents was priceless to me :goodvibes The frozen lattes at the Bakery are awesome :love:

I am loving this report--can't wait to read more!

Thanks, I have another installment ready :3dglasses

I love that you had time with your parents before all of this. Just seems so appropriate. SOunds wonderful. Forgive me fore laughing about teh incident with your dad. All too close to my dad having a fit because his tic didn't work at MK. Not pretty. Off course, he was using his hotel key which did not have his tic on it. Ugh.

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Aren't Dad's a trip :rotfl: What would we ever do without them!! Thanks so much for reading, Carrie :goodvibes

Day Three, Saturday

This morning, I was off to meet up with four other disbrides at O’Hana for a breakfast meet! I was very excited at this prospect and I left Shades of Green to walk over. I had a nice big cup of Starbucks coffee with me that I had not finished. I arrived and decided I must be a bit early as I did not see anyone that I was sure was a disbride. I took a seat out in the waiting area and watched for other girls and I thought I would recognize Twiu anyway. Speaking of Starbucks, 29Apr00, I had a man walk up to me and ask where I got my coffee. He was desperate for Starbucks. I explained that they had it at Shades of Green. Anyone could go there and buy coffee, by the way, although they close at 1 or 2pm each day. I mentioned that the Kona coffee bar had excellent coffee; he said he wanted a big cup of coffee, LOL! :laughing:

After about twenty minutes, I thought I recognized Sunsh1ne and we finally met up. Soon after, Twiu arrived and jumped in line to check in for us. Pixydusted and Bellelemariee found us soon after. The check-in CM’s were a little annoyed because our large table originally reserved had dwindled down to a table for five. Fortunately, we waited only a few minutes and were seated promptly. :wizard:

We had so much fun visiting with each other that we hardly stopped talking to eat. The food was very good though. We had some great character interaction as the following pictures will show. Lilo even grabbed my camera from me and took a picture of herself and then gave the camera back to me; she was great fun!
dis004.jpg

dis002.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

I was seated between Pixydusted (hi Mikkel!!) and Bellelemariee. Mikkel brought her scrapbook memories of her engagement night and trip with her DF on the cruise. She did a beautiful job and I loved looking at it! :lovestruc Bellelemariee was extremely excited about planning her wedding and because she is marrying a Frenchman and moving to France to live, it made all her preparations more difficult. If I remember correctly, she shared that she would have both a wedding at Disney and another wedding in France!! I would love to know how hers was. :flower3: Twiu told great stories with Mikkel too about being cast members and we heard all about their exciting wedding plans. Sunsh1ne was a great source of information to us all because she was the only Disbride that was already married at Disney and a veteran Fairy Tale Bride :bride: We talked for a very long time and probably outstayed our welcome at O’Hana’s but it was so much fun! I highly recommend a disbride meet if you ever have the opportunity. I would certainly do it again!! :grouphug:
dis003.jpg

After we finally said our goodbyes, I left to meet Mom and Dad back at SOG. We hopped in the car again and headed out to find stickers. I decided I needed some sort of stickers for the Welcome party favors so that I could match the gifts with the guests. Before we realized it, we were headed in the general direction of Celebration and decided to go there in the hopes of finding sticker labels. It probably was not the wisest move as it seemed we would have no luck. We left Daddy in the car monitoring his ham radio for contacts and started walking through some of the stores on the main road that led to the water. One retail person mentioned that we might want to try the Post Office. We hit pay dirt here. The stickers weren’t perfect but they certainly did the trick for what I needed. It began to rain while we were still making our way back to the car so we hopped in and left. Here are pics I took while in Celebration:
DSC00835.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

Our next stop was Downtown Disney. We bribed Daddy with ice cream :mickeybar so he parked and we all went to Ghirardelli’s for a yummy sundae. After our treat, Daddy left us and headed back to SOG to relax and Mom and I shopped around DtD. We stopped in at the Basin because I was running low on my favorite shampoo soaps; DH and I both use them :thumbsup2 We also enjoyed wandering around in World of Disney. Eventually, we knew we needed to get back to SOG for the arrival of my groom and best men. DSis, DBil and very darling Nephew were also arriving within the next hour. It is definitely a trick to find the SOG bus stop at DtD!! We had to stop twice and ask for directions. We then had a fairly significant wait for said bus; I was thrilled when they finally arrived. I thought we might have to call for rescue!! :eek:

When we arrived, my DH and sons were there – yay!!! Soon after, my sister’s family arrived as well. Once we got settled into our rooms, we all decided to eat at Evergreens. It is a casual restaurant at SOG and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Luckily, they weren’t overly busy by the time we arrived and we kept our waiter pretty busy bringing food and drink. Regrettably, I don’t think any of us thought about pictures at this meal but we had great fun teasing each other, laughing, and just enjoying one another’s company. We hung out together for two plus hours and we all turned in after that.

Day Four: The family converges and we check into OKW!!

Anyone can to go SOG Starbucks!?!?!! :scared1: What great information!! Now i just need to find SOG! :rotfl:

Aw! What a great meeting at breakfast! I can't wait to plan that for next year!!

Lisa great updates!!! Sorry about the drama getting into MK, sounds like something my dad would have hanging somewhere:laughing: Loving all the ice cream! And the priceless disbride meet!!!

Anyone can to go SOG Starbucks!?!?!! :scared1: What great information!! Now i just need to find SOG! :rotfl:

Aw! What a great meeting at breakfast! I can't wait to plan that for next year!!

Yes, when you walk into SOG and head to the hallway to the right of the lobby, I believe, you will see the kiosk called Java Bar! They will let anyone who walks up buy from them. SOG is right across the street from the Polynesian; we walked back and forth frequently! :goodvibes

Lisa great updates!!! Sorry about the drama getting into MK, sounds like something my dad would have hanging somewhere:laughing: Loving all the ice cream! And the priceless disbride meet!!!

Yes, we are Disney ice cream lovers :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter