Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

Your MK photos are the best I've seen!

DF and I weren't impressed with the others we saw, so we cancelled our session.
I hope I don't regret it later. :sad2:

We sort of wanted to save the money for other post-wedding investments.

Also, I love your TR!!

What days were you at the Food & Wine Festival?
DF and I were there the day after Halloween.

I have been reading your PJ and TR for months and I don't think I have ever come out of my lurking closet to tell you Congratulations!

Everything was beautiful. You did an amazing job planning everything and your wedding day was goregous!

]Ugh....It is getting harder and harder to wake up each day so early! We though we planned this trip low key, and that is how is started out, BUT there is sooo much to do in WDW that I kept adding things until we were super busy. I like it that way!

I woke up nice and early today, Sunday and sat outside and enjoyed the view from our room. It was so pretty!

3187075899_d84508f820.jpg

I woke Pete up and we started getting ready. We had a very important date at the Castle this morning for breakfast at 8:00am! We got a bus and were on our way to the Magic Kingdom with no trouble at all.

Ahhh....When I walk through that train station I get goose bumps! It is so great! I love it! The park was nice and empty since it didn't technically open for another hour.

3187081659_55c44dd364.jpg

3187083145_1f51ee1014.jpg

3187084121_a48238b0e0.jpg

We strolled hand in hand up main street and took lots of pictures. It is just so pretty. I am happiest standing on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. It is my Happy Place for sure.

3187928196_54fc995881.jpg

We checked into the Castle and got to meet Cinderella right away.

Then we headed up the steps and were led to our table by the window overlooking Fantasy Land. How awesome! The table was decorated with confetti in the shape of Royal Coaches and castles.

3187937988_361e03bb73.jpg

Ohhh no matter how ofter we do this breakfast (every trip) I love it! I love being inside the castle. It is truly something everyone should get to experience.

Breakfast was yummy and we met all of the Princesses: Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins (not really a princess, but nice anyway) and Belle.

When Breakfast was over I made a fast bathroom break, it was packed in there and then we headed out to Fantasy Land. Of course I checked and someone had already awoke Tinkerbell, maybe next time! Then Pete tried his luck at the Sword in the Stone....He was not strong enough!

3187111265_1ec0727b73.jpg

I wanted to do a few things this morning that we usually skip over due to time constraints and the like. First up the Carousel. I found Cinderella's horse, but it was up really high and I couldn't get up on it, well I probably could have, but I picked one that was lower to the ground (remember this)! It was fun and Pete took tons of picture of me riding.

3187117947_eb8ba0e0c2.jpg

I am happy we did this. I couldn't get him on a horse, but I enjoyed my 3 minutes! Then it was time to get off....Remember that horse that was down low when I got on, well now it was really high! LOL What was I gonna do? I tried getting off by sliding down, but then I was doing a split with my leg up near my ear! LOL Thank goodness Pete didn't get any pictures of this. It was so funny. I am Thankful I am flexible. LOL

We strolled around and saw a line forming at Toontown, must be to meet Tinkerbell I told Pete. We got in line for a ride I have not rode since I was like three. For some reason I always Skip it. OMG we had so much fun. Pete was pretending to be scared, then I spun it really fast and he was laughing. It was great!

3187964830_ee153d50e9.jpg

I have saw a picture that my favorite Photographers, The Roots had taken with the spinning tea cups and I tried to recreate that shot. After 45 tried I got one or two I am semi happy with!

Then I saw Alice and the Mad Hatter getting on the Tea Cups. How fun! I got a few pictures of them and then we headed over to get in line to meet them. Pete had never met Alice before! The shock! LOL

3187983364_72285405ce.jpg

Now I tried for a Tea Cup picture again. This one is my favorite.

3187990598_641dbd3b72.jpg

It was almost 10am now so We headed to the line for Toon Town. We went straight to the Judge's tent, did not pass go, did not collect $200 dollars, just went right there at rope drop and the line was already 75 minutes long to meet Tinkerbell! NO WAY! We were not going to waste that kind of time in a line in the value season!

We got in line for the princesses since it was only 10 minutes. I lent a lady my Cell phone in line, she was waiting for her husband who had their camera. She got ahold of him and he met her at the front of the line. YAY! her little girls would have pictures. I was fully ready to offer to take some and email them to her had she not go her husband.

We went into the room and Met Cinderella again, and Sleeping Beauty. I was so hoping for Belle in the Yellow Dress. After our meet and greet we went into the store. Ugh gift shops are Pete's weakness. We used a snack credit and got a peanut butter cup and water.

3187155329_33681db943.jpg

We bought my niece, Alyssa some Mr. Potato head parts and we each picked out our first of many Christmas Tree Ornaments. Then we jumped on the train and rode a complete circle around the park. Once we got to the front we got off and headed for the Monorail to the TTC.

We were going to spend the afternoon in Animal Kingdom.

At the TTC we went to find the bus for the Animal Kingdom. This was the longest wait all trip!

We got there around 11:30 and we had ADR's for noon at Yak & Yeti. It was early for lunch, but it was all I could get.

3187162433_941e2b0692.jpg

3187164365_5b34dae3ab.jpg

We took some pictures and walked around and checked out the sites a bit and then we checked Yak and Yeti.

3188007544_636765c731.jpg

This was the first time here for both of us. Pretty cool inside. We had a great lunch and we talked. I took a percosit for my hurting blister on my foot. It was god awful! I was then feeling all kinds of loopy! LOL

3187168851_8889dbe6fc.jpg

3188015634_e888984e01.jpg

After lunch we went to Expedition Everest and waited in the longest line of our trip. Like 45-50 minutes. It is sooo worth it though.

Has anyone ever spotted this little yeti with Mickey Mouse Ears on?

3188024272_222d90b004.jpg

What a great roller coaster. I took pictures as we cruised around the mountain.

3188031964_7511dcd6fa.jpg

3187194725_ed8065d048.jpg

3187195847_0cdc9e78a8.jpg

After our ride we were both tired. We knew we had a HUGE day tomorrow morning so we headed back to the hotel to rest. I took a wonderful nap. It was so relaxing! While I was in the shower Vicki from Peddles called. She had my Bouquet for the photo shoot tomorrow! YAY! I sent Pete down to pick it up and I finished getting ready.

We had a Date with Mikkel and Jason before dinner. We were worried about being late and we were feeling so lazy we took a cab to the Grand Floridian. We got there and were super early! LOL figures. We found a nice sofa and sat and talked about our wonderful day so far. Not too long passed and Mikkel called they were almost to the Grand Floridian and she had a present for me!

She is the sweetest and soooo did not need to bring me a present, but I am sooo glad that she did! It was a cake! Not a real one, but one she decorated and made so I would have a top layer to save. It is sooo pretty!

3187204183_f4be082390.jpg

We headed up to the bar there, and it was sooo freaking loud. I told her all about the troubles with DCL and what she should do differently. We looked at my pictures and ohhed and ahhed over them. It was great to be sitting with her. Hours of chatting online and phone calls were nothing compared to seeing each other face to face. Pete and Jason were quite since they would have had to yell to be heard that damn music! Plus I don't think Jason was feeling well. No fruity mixed girly drinks for him!

It was almost time for our Dinner reservations at Narcoosees so we had to tell them goodbye. Not with out a few pictures first. I look goofy in them though. I don't think Pete even checked the screen after he took them!

3187205601_817ddb6613.jpg

We got to Narcoosees and we sat outside and looked at the Castle! Sooo pretty!

3188047898_08f9cdb765.jpg

We had requested a Castle view table so we had to wait like 15 minutes. When we were seated we had special Menu's that said Congratulations. It was so nice. Pete got the lobster and I got the Surf and Turf. YUMMY! We also got Congratulations deserts.

3187210415_a3fd7a242d.jpg

Our Bill was $200! yikes! Thank god for the dinning plan.

I wanted to hang out for the fireworks, but Pete convinced me to go to bed. I did have to get up at 2:50am the next morning!

We took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then the bus to the Animal Kingdom.

I was asleep by 9:30! What a long full day!

View all Pictures here!

DAY TEN HERE!

Okay number one : I LOVE YOUR TR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number two: How did you get them to surprise your df with that menu???

Thank you! I just called the Coral Reef and they called me back with a email address to send them the pictures and they made it up and had it waiting for us!

Wow, your epcot/MK photos are beautiful--there's not a bad one in the bunch! And I love that photo of you getting the bill at your rehearsal dinner.

Great wedding report. You two seem so happy and so do your guests.

Awe thank you. I see bad ones, but they are our faults for not smiling and what not. Disney did a great job. Amy Anderson is wonderful!

We were and are so happy!

Lisa,

Awesome report, as usual!! How did you arrange for the diver to hold up that sign at dinner?? That would be really neat to surprise my DH with!! Also, the menu with your pics was awesome!! I am loving this report. Keep it coming...:goodvibes

I called the Coral Reef about the diver. Just like the menus. I did however hear they are stopping it this year. :(

I got Day 9 done today and tomorrow is Day 10....Magic Kingdom Photo Day! Lets see if I can get it done tomorrow! LOL

Ok, so I am so late joining your TR but no worries I read the ENTIRE thing the last two nights. My Husband is very jealous of you right now :lmao: Everything sounds so perfect, from the proposal to the wedding to the honeymoon...you are a very, very lucky girl! Can't wait to read more updates!!

You read it all! WOW! I hope you have enjoyed it! Thank you, I am lucky I got me a great guy!

You made that shirt?! Wow - you did an incredible job - you'd never know it didn't come like that.

I NEEDED that shirt. You should have saw me...hours cutting it out. LOL

Loving your trip report, you're getting me all excitied for my wedding and Disney Cruise-Moon.

YAY! You will LOVE the cruise. So wonderful!

Your MK photos are the best I've seen!

DF and I weren't impressed with the others we saw, so we cancelled our session.
I hope I don't regret it later. :sad2:

We sort of wanted to save the money for other post-wedding investments.

Also, I love your TR!!

What days were you at the Food & Wine Festival?
DF and I were there the day after Halloween.

Thank you! I had saw some I loved, but some were horrible. I sought out the bad ones and I made sure I didn't get the photographer they had. It is a once in a lifetime photo shoot. I love the pictures with the Castle. If we re did it, I would have probally left off the Epcot ones. We were sooo sleepy by the time we got there!

We were at the food and Wine Fest on Saturday Nov. 8.

I have been reading your PJ and TR for months and I don't think I have ever come out of my lurking closet to tell you Congratulations!

Everything was beautiful. You did an amazing job planning everything and your wedding day was goregous!

Well Welcome...glad you came out of lurkdom to say Hi! Thank you so much, it was alot of work but soooo worth it!

i love the chopsticks photo!! hahahaha!!

LOL.....Darn drugs!

Don't you just love a quite Main Street? We always get an early breakfast time on our last day just so we can stroll down an empty Main Street and get pics w/o so many people around. Love your EE pics btw!

Lisa, I have enjoyed reading your TR so very much! You had a truly wonderful and beautiful wedding. I love your pics- so many of them. what wonderful memories to have for a lifetime!:goodvibes

Don't you just love a quite Main Street? We always get an early breakfast time on our last day just so we can stroll down an empty Main Street and get pics w/o so many people around. Love your EE pics btw!

I do love a quiet Main Street, like it is all mine. LOVE it! Thank you, some of them turned out awesome. Pete was sooo scared I would drop the camera!

Lisa, I have enjoyed reading your TR so very much! You had a truly wonderful and beautiful wedding. I love your pics- so many of them. what wonderful memories to have for a lifetime!:goodvibes

Thank you! I am coming down the home stretch now. Almost done. Whoa...It has taken 2 months so far! I plan on printing it all out and scraping it!

Pete I am with you on the tattoo guy brother, creepy. :rotfl:

Everything else looks awesome. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Hi Shawn! I wish your team good luck in the superbowl and I hope you have a GREAT time on yor cruise!

Lisa,

Just got caught up again. I love the pic of you with the chopsticks on your nose!! Too funny!!:lmao: Gotta love those drugs!! Ok, so I never knew you could wake up Tinkerbell. How do you go about doing that?? How was the food at the Yak and Yeti? I have never eaten there. :)

I love some of the teacup shots and the ones on Everest. We have only done dinner at the castle, it looks like the breakfast is a blast though, I definitely want to try it on a future trip. Narcoossee's looks really nice too; we're trying it for the first time on our anniversary trip in 2 weeks. I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

LISA!!!

ah i realized i haven't commented on your thread yet!! i am so loving these dis boards i have spent so many countless hours on them you don't even know!

well i can't wait for day 10!! :cheer2:

Lisa, I just keep looking and looking at your pictures. They are so great!!! When my DH gets home from adjuster school I'm so going to talk with him about a vow renewal on DCL. I do have a question for you about your photography package. I'm sorry if this seems too nosey, but how much was it with the CD of all your pictures and everything?? I'm trying to get a price list together and I'm thinking around $1000. Is that about right??

Pooh....Nothing is too nosey for me. I will spill just about all I know!

The DCL wedding was soo great. The only thing they could improve on is the Photography. The package with the CD was $1000, you get TONS of prints too. They wanted to only give me 75 images on the CD because they are changing the packages around. I refused since the original contract packet I have had ALL images on a CD. I don't know of any girls who have recieved the new paperwork that only stated 75. I do know of atleat one other bride who had to fight for all her images on a CD. They caved though. Also it seems as if the photographer is hit or miss. My guy knew how to work the camera, but lacked artistic quaility. I tried to set up shots and some turne dout good. My husband listened to my direction and so did the photographer.

Onother option would be to find a local Photographer, like one in FL who would be willing to come and shoot the wedding and give you the CD all for the cost of a free vacation. I know that is what another DCL bride is doing now since I told her about the shady-ness of the Photography department.

I wouldn't let this discourage you though, the wedding was amazing and my pictures turned out great! You just have to be assertive as to what you do and do not want!

Thanks so much Lisa!!! I can't wait to discuss all this with DH. I have wanted a vow renewal FOREVER!!!

One more question for you...Is that the price of the photography package itself or is that just the price of the CD??

It is the price of the whole package. They won't sell just the CD! I had a LONG LONG fight on this one, but I could not get them to budge! I sent in a complaint letter! BUT I hearthey have a special VR photo package. Betsy....Betsy....Help here please!

Awesome!! Thanks so much!!! I figured it was for the whole package, but I just wanted to make sure!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter