Lisa's Weightloss Journal (comments welcomed!)

Posting food intake for yesterday:

3/11/96
Breakfast-Two scambled eggs with salsa and cheese and 2 lc tortillas, crystal light.

Lunch-Two slices of salami rolled up with cream cheese, diet fruit punch.

Dinner-Two lc tortillas with ham and cream cheese, sf jello.

Saturday was tough for some reason. Maybe it's because it was my first Saturday since going on induction and I was home all day. I had some nuts which are lc but not for induction.

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. I'm going to try to only weigh on Mondays but I won't make any promises. I have an obsession with weighing.

Food intake for 3/12/06:

Breakfast-Atkins Morning Start bar.

Lunch-Two turkey/cream cheese roll ups, diet fruit punch.

Dinner-Roast beef, broccoli, salad, diet fruit punch.

Did really good today and am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. :cool1:

Goals for week of 3/14/06:

Let's see, what goal should I make? I know. Drink more water and try not to weigh until the following Monday. Oh, and hopefully I'll be down 8 lbs. by Mon. 3/21.

Weigh-in for Monday 3/13/06: Half pound lost, 2.5 lbs. total since starting induction on 3/6/06.

Food intake for 3/13/06:

Breakfast-Morning Start Bar, coffee.

Lunch-Half beef/half chicken tostada, hold the beans and rice, iced tea.

Dinner-Roast beef, salad, crystal light.

Snack-Sugar free Jello

Water intake-Oh my goodness, I felt totally water logged today. I drank the required 64 oz. of water. Can't believe I did it! That's a huge accomplishment for me.

All in all an excellent day food wise. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Food intake for 3/14/06:

Breakfast-Hurray, I actually made my own breakfast to bring to work. Two hard boiled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, coffee w/sf hazelnut cream.

Lunch-I was good and resisted temptation! Lunch was catered for the office today, Chinese food. Instead had a southwest chicken bowl, (hold the rice/beans) which consisted of spicy chicken, salad greens, cheese and salsa; crystal light to drink.

Dinner-Two lc tortillas with roast beef, crystal light.

Snack-Sf Jello.

Water intake-Whoah, another day of being water logged, however, I'm sipping the last few drops of my 4th 16 oz. bottle today, so I made my daily water goal. Yipee... :rolleyes:

Tomorrow's goal-Let's see, I guess I should have a daily goal, shouldn't I? Umm, ok! Make sure I have veggies tomorrow since I didn't do too well with that today.

Food Intake for 3/15/06:

Breakfast-Two eggs over medium, 1 hot link, coffee with sf hazelnut cream.

Lunch-Chicken salad topped with a little sour cream and guacamole, crystal light.

Snack-Had a sweet tooth so ate a Morning Start bar.

Dinner-Turkey with cream cheese rolled in a lc tortilla, crystal light.

Snack-Sf Jello.

Water intake-After my first bottle of water this morning, I got nauseated, yuck. For some reason I've felt a little off since then. Will force down my last bottle in a moment. At least I made it to 64 oz. today.

Tomorrow's goal: I didn't have a green veggie today, just the salad. Will try again tomorrow.

Lisa hi,

You are doing a great job keeping your meals low carb.
Keep up the good work!

Connie

Purrrrfecta said:
Lisa hi,

You are doing a great job keeping your meals low carb.
Keep up the good work!

Connie

Hey Connie, long time no "see!" Hope you're doing well. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I haven't given up yet and so far so good!

Food intake for 3/16/06:

Breakfast-Two scrambled eggs, hot link, coffee.

Lunch-Bunless burger, small amount of broccoli (it was over cooked), sliced tomato.

Dinner-Chicken club salad from Jack in the Box, hold the croutons, crystal light.

Water intake: Ok, confession time. Only drank 44 oz. of water today.

Goal for tomorrow: Drink, drink, drink! Water that is.... :drinking1

Food intake for 3/17/06:

Breakfast-Morning Start bar.

Lunch-ATM machine at the office was out of cash again, so no lunch for me!

Dinner-Fiesta taco salad from Taco Bell, hold the beans, sf fruit punch.

Snack-Sf Jello.

Water intake-Oh no, here we go, confession time again. In my defense, we were severely short staffed today and it was complete chaos at the office so no time for water and running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

Goal for tomorrow: I promise myself to drink water!

Food intake for 3/18/06:
Breakfast-Morning Start bar, coffee.

Lunch-Avocado burger, hold the bun, diet Coke.

Dinner-Lunch was late, so I wasn't hungry for dinner. Had some nuts.

Water intake: Fell short a little but did pretty well, drank 56 oz.

Food intake for 3/19/06:

Breakfast-Didn't have time for breakfast.

Lunch-Oh boy, didn't do too well with the meals today. Had the cheese and pepperoni off 1 slice of pizza and a diet coke.

Dinner-Redemption! Had a lc tortilla filled with chicken, salsa and cheese, diet cherry coke.

Snack-About 3 tbsp. of whipped cream. I know, sounds weird but curbed my snack craving.

Goal for tomorrow: Well, today was my last day on induction. Will weigh in first thing tomorrow morning and decide whether to continue this phase depending on what the scale says. If I decide to go on to phase 2, then I'll hit up the grocery store tomorrow and buy some canned pumpkin so I can make this yummy spicy pumpkin soup recipe I found today. Also found a recipe for lc pumpkin cheesecake which sounds devine. Will continue in my attempts to drink my daily water requirement.

Food intake for 3/20/06:

Breakfast-No time to run upstairs for breakfast, so I had a stick of mozzarella cheese.

Lunch-Chicken ceasar salad, hold the croutons, diet cherry Coke.

Dinner-Two hot dogs in two lc tortillas, diet cherry Coke.

Snack-Some whipped cream, a couple nuts.

Water intake-I'm going to avoid posting about this subject. :blush:

Food intake for 3/21/06:

Breakfast-Made my own yummy breakfast this morning. Boy can I cook up some eggs. 2 delicious scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, coffee with sf hazelnut cream. Hit the spot!

Lunch-Two hamburger patties, sliced tomato, boring/tastless green beans. No, I didn't make the beans. If I had, they wouldn't have been bland like the ones I had, yuck!

Dinner-Two lc tortillas filled with chicken and cream cheese. Sound weird I know, but it was good.

Snack-Ha, ha, I thought I'd try mixing some sf chocolate powder in some whipped cream as an experiment which failed. Nasty! Had a couple nuts.

Water intake-Once again, will avoid confronting issue once again. :rolleyes1

Goal for tomorrow: Ok, so let's talk about goals, at least for the week. I weighed in again and I'm down a total of 5 pounds. Not too shabby. At the rate I'm going, I'd like to be down an additional 5 pounds by April 1st. In looking back through my journal to March 6th, the goal I set for myself at that time was to be down 10 by April 10th. Can't remember why I chose the 10th, maybe I meant to put the 7th because that would mark my 2nd month back on Atkins. Anyway, I think may have been a bit too conservative with that number, but we'll see. Don't want to set myself up for failure by not being realistic and balanced.

Food intake for 3/22/06:

Breakfast-Had to get to work early so I didn't have time to make my own breakfast. Went upstairs and had two scrambled eggs, two sausage patties, coffee.

Lunch-Roast turkey, green beans, small side salad, diet Snapple.

Dinner-Two small lc tortillas filled with chicken and cheese, diet fruit punch.

Snack-Sf Jello topped with whipped cream.

Food intake for 3/23/06:

Before I begin, let me say that today was a very stressful day at work. We were short-staffed at the office and it was extremely busy. Usually I'd reach for whatever is available to eat, or better yet, eat what I wanted for a sense of "control" when I'm feeling that matters (work related or otherwise) are out of my control. Certain foods are soothing to me. But today I resisted that urge and that was my biggest triumph even though I didn't get everything done that I wanted at work. Now for our regularly scheduled programming......

Breakfast-Didn't have time to run upstairs but had a Morning Start bar and coffee.

Lunch-Low carb buffalo chicken wrap, crystal light. Very yummy!

Dinner-Two turkey/cream cheese roll ups, diet fruit punch.

Snack-Two, count 'em, two sf Jello with whipped cream. I had a sweet tooth tonight.

Lisa I admire your consistency with Atkins. I just can't do that!

Hope you're having a GREAT week!

Nice looking boys!!

I've just been reading your journal, I admire you for being so open about your journey. I am just starting Atkins (again) today. I'm embarrassed to say I weigh in at 214 and I'm only 5'4". I was on induction for the two weeks before my Disney trip in January (lost 10), and tried to stick with it, but there is just too much temptation in the world (those Mickey ice cream bars are a killer). I gained back 6 of the pounds I lost.

Got a treadmill from my sister who can't use it any more because of her knees, and I started that on March 28.

Anyway started again today, I'm hoping your journal can keep me motivated. Thanks.

Can't believe my journal still exists!

Quick update: Still haven't met my goal and have regressed a couple of times but I haven't gained back all of the weight I lost. I started at 224 back in Aug. '03. Technically prior to my official start on Atkins I was a little heavier than that, so closer to 230 or a little more I would guess. At any rate, I'm still in the game and remembered my journal so thought I'd look it up to see my old stats. Will try to begin posting again on a regular basis.

Hello Lisa!

Glad to see you back. I just got your post on my email. I am starting back today as a matter of fact. How wild is that. I am going to go back to Adkins as well because I know that is the only thing that works for me (and exercise)

Connie

Hello Lisa!

Glad to see you back. I just got your post on my email. I am starting back today as a matter of fact. How wild is that. I am going to go back to Adkins as well because I know that is the only thing that works for me (and exercise)

Connie

Hi Connie! I didn't know if anyone else I knew was around. How are you? I'm doing great. I've been struggling with my weight but I've come to realize it's going to be a life long battle. I'm ok with that though as long as I don't give up. Right now I'm at 194. My goal for April 1st is to be down to 189. I'm setting weekly and monthly goals for myself. Doing pretty good so far!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter