List of rides with wheelchair-specific entrances

Bradx38

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anybody had a list of some rides at DLR that have wheelchair specific entrances, and if you could (I know it's a lot to ask), could you please say if it is generally takes longer or
saves time compared to the main entrance. Thank you guys so much! :))

BTW I have been to DLR before but I always debate with my family whether or not to bring my wheelchair on certain rides (not wheelchair bound just can’t walk all day) or leave it by the strollers. Thank you all :)

For most rides that have a wheelchair entrance, you will be given a return time to come back for a time about 10 minutes less than the standby queue wait. So if the posted wait is 30 minutes, you will get a return time for 20 minutes away. At the handicap entrance when you return, you will be given a choice about bringing the wheelchair all the way in or if you can walk a little. So you can park it then and do the short wait to walk in. For example, at Peter Pan, if you take the wheelchair in, you will go in the exit and be put on there. But if you can walk, they will merge you into the line at about the last swtichback so a short walk the rest of the way. Your decision.

DCA is all streamlined rides so the wheelchair can go through the full regular queues and may be pulled out at some point near the end. At Disneyland, the rides that use alternate entrances include:
  • Space Mountain
  • Peter Pan
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Teacups
  • Snow White
  • Mr Toad
  • Casey Junior
  • Storybook Canal
  • Pinnochio
  • Big Thunder
  • Pirates
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones
  • Jungle Cruise
I think that is most of them. Typically, when you return, the wait will be short. But there are times when a ride has been down awhile or a lot of people all show up at once that make the wait a bit longer. You can either choose to wait or come back later. But until you actually ride (or are scanned into ride), the return time will not clear and you will not be able to get another one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter