Live From Hilton Head Island!!!

Are you going to the Alligator Adventures? Have fun if you do! There used to be an albino alligator over that way (I think it was Connie, who gives the tour of HH, who told me)-anyone mention if it's still there?

Laurabearz said:
KNO is on Monday
Low Country boil is at the beach house and is on thursday YMMV

Ok, KNO is Kid's Night Out, and I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious, but at risk of starting a whole new thread, what the hanname is "YMMV" ?

:confused3 :confused: :confused3 :confused: :confused3

"Young Mouseketeers Might Vomit" ?

"Yo' Mama May Visit" ?

Or maybe, just maybe, "Your Month May Vary" ?

I'll be there on Tuesday - looking forward to sitting on the beach under an umbrella with an endless supply of Diet Coke and a new book!!!!

Just popping in to say...

No new Naturalist yet. They had a lady lined up, but (according to the CM I was talking too) maybe there wasnt enough money to keep her interested. So no naturalist.

We see blue skies this morning and the heat temp will hit 90.... so much for our cool visit... we really have enjoyed the past couple fo days.

We are off to Alligator adventures!!!!

LBz

Fill me in on Christopher's replacement!?! Are there Marsh Walks, star gazing, beach walks, etc.?

Hanname!

Wow, this is getting me excited for our 4th of july trip coming up! Darla (iluvdvc), don't forget your porch decorations!
I have to laugh when i read about 2 yo boys! our first trip in 97, my son was 2. He went and locked ALL THE DOORS from the inside in our 2 br. As you all know, there are ALOT of doors in that 2 br and they were all locked. We had to call a locksmith and get them unlocked. Then there was the time he poured DAWN in the dishwasher! Can you say THE BLOB - creeping across our floor - white suds everywhere! he would just get up and jump in the pool before we could catch him, deep, well over his head. oh man, i can so relate. Luckily, he was a good 4 hr. napper, lol. Have fun, time goes so fast there!
:sunny:

TW1 said:
LBz

Fill me in on Christopher's replacement!?! Are there Marsh Walks, star gazing, beach walks, etc.?

Hanname!
There isnt a replacement yet. The marsh walk I mentioned above is for littleones (3-6) and it is some of the regular CM's that take them on it.

No Star gazing, no beach walks listed this week.

Scott offers a 3 hour dolphin and low tide beach combing trip...

DH, boy and I at at Fudruckers tongiht, while the girls did Kids night out. It was ok... long line to order, burger was good. Glad we just had the boy as the girls would have been all over us to play the games there.

Laura's tip for KNO... drop the kids off 5-10 minutes early. We arrive a few minutes early and the line was long and a lot of kids we already eating.

Mosquitos are out in force.

Tommorrow is Star Spangled Tuesday. We will start the day in Harbortown and head over to the beach house around 100 for the pool games at 2. ZGotta check the restruant thread to see where we will do lunch. LOL

Still havent met up with Cinderella yet, but we are always bumping into Colleen and fam!

Hot today, but lovely in the pool. Big cannonball contest today. Hotter tomorrow.

Have you seen anything of Gordon (formerly know as Chef Gordon)? Are there any tastings on the agenda that perhaps he is in charge of? Or perhaps I've missed it and he is not around at all anymore.

kayaking - can you describe? Where do you get to kayak and for how long? DD(15) is very concerned and won't do it if it's in the ocean.

Hey LBz, is Tommy's Treasure still there?

In response to AreWeThereYet, we do the kayaking every other summer (this summer is our year :banana: ) with a DD 11yr old and DS 8yr old. You paddle around Broad Creek with a guide and usually spend 2 hrs. Last time we did it it was $30 per adult and $17 per child. Maybe LauraBearz can confirm this year's pricing.

It is one of our favorite activities, lots of sea life, shrimp literally jumping into the kayak. Last trip, a dolphin swam past about 5 feet away :earseek:

You will need to cover-up! Bring lots of sunscreen and a hat! Enjoy!

gracelrm said:
Have you seen anything of Gordon (formerly know as Chef Gordon)? Are there any tastings on the agenda that perhaps he is in charge of? Or perhaps I've missed it and he is not around at all anymore.

Chef Gordon is definitely still there. And he's still a Chef. ;) The only thing missing is "A Private Affair". :sad2:

He is doing other things at the resort and still does his programs as time and guest demand permit.

TW1 has the pricing right, but today was member day so it was 25 and 15 :teeth: We went on the 930 trip this morning.... rode the current out but had to paddle all the way back. Pleasent enough. No Dolphins this trip. Lots of birds, jumping fish, oysters... (low tide)

There is room in the kyacks for a small backpack. Water is a must, and maybe a light snack. SUNSCREEN and hat are also recomended. ZThe kyacks are open so make sure you put sunscreen on your legs!

It is a easy to moderate trip depending on the tides... there is a current and you will hit it either coming or going. Given my drutheres I would prefer to paddle out and coast back in, but that requires checking with tide charts and such... tooooo much trouble for me.

We wanted to do the Pirates of Calibougue but I forgot to sign us up yesterday and at 8 am this morning it was all full with 8 families on the waiting list. The PoC is a treasure hunt run by B'Lou. Your family (all decked out in pirate gear) must follow clues around the resort to find the treasure! It is a must for next year.

We may attempt Tommy's treasure hunt tomorrow, but the last time I looked for it (2 years ago) there was nothing there (or we got so confussed we were looking in the WRONG place...)

Once again I would like to remind everyone to bring bug spray AND afterbite stuff. The bugs are wicked.

We checked out Crazy Crab in Harbortown, but at 7pm the wait was 1 45 miutes.. we put our names down and walked around. We noticed a couple of table at the Harborside Cafe so we gave that a whrill.... Live music... not to hot out. Decent food (burgers, chicken wings etc) Strawberry margaritas were yummy.

Gregory somebody was playing in HarborTown tonight and drew quite a crowd. Kids seemed to love him and from what I could tell he is kinda like Shannon Tanner (who we have yet to see)
We could hear the show at the playground.

Sidenote... it took us 20 minutes of driving around to find parking.

TIPS FOR BIKES... esp with younger kids...

We love playing follow the leader. Each of the girls take turns leading us around the paths at the resort.... when we get close to the lodge, we stop for lemonaide and cookies. yum

We also enjoy riding the bikes over the bridge (hi Little Toot!!) and making a right turn on to the other side and ride all the way down. There is some resturant there (for get the name) and then on the way back we stop at PJ's New York Deli for ice Cream. And right in that area is a little playground. Swings, teetertotters, slides, tire swing. Nice. Plus there is a great stage right there... fun for the kids to put on a show for us. Nice 1-2 hour outting close to home.

The bikes have NO hand brakes. I find this quite distrurbing and I am tottally freaked out every time I ride them! LOL I plan on locating a rental company that offers hand breaks for next year.

We havent, and wont attempt riding to the beach this trip. The girls barely made it back from the harbour ice cream trip, so the beach house is out. They might make it there, but they would never make it back, and quite frankly I dont want to hear them gripe about it. LOL

I havent seen or heard about Chef Gordon, but then again I havent looked. Sorry!

That's the report from Hilton Head this evening!

I have one question for you:
I will be at at Hilton Head in about 1 week, and I've heard that there are no internet connections available in the rooms.
How are you connecting to the internet to post?

Thanks

The Prophet

That is Greg Russell! He has been there since we've been going, 1987, and long before that probably. He sits under that big live oak tree. Wow, that brings back memories; I have video of my son sitting there clapping his hands, age 2 and this week, he turned 20.
I'll be sure to pack the bug spray for our trip over the 4th. Wonder if the skin so soft spray would be effective on the HH skeeters, lol.

Laurabearz said:
Sidenote... it took us 20 minutes of driving around to find parking.

There is a cute shuttle from right inside the Sea Pines gate that you can take to either Harbourtown or South Beach.

We prefer to take our own car, like you did, but that driving around and looking for a parking space does get to be a pain after about five minutes! :crazy:

BTW, the shuttle is free, once you've paid your admission to Sea Pines.

Wow, Little Toot! I'd forgotten about him/it. Now I'm trying to remember who it belonged to-Gary ?, who was a host on TV game shows. I'm loving your reports-I can remember Hilton Head, even though I'm not there.

We also found parking at Sea Pines a problem.:headache: Does anyone know if it is any easier if you arrive earlier? We usually arrive at dinner time.

Thanks.

The Prophet said:
I will be at at Hilton Head in about 1 week, and I've heard that there are no internet connections available in the rooms.

Thanks

The Prophet

There is dial-up acess. My DH said it was very slow. He used his Blackberry for any work related emails.

The Prophet said:

Thanks

The Prophet

Well I am IN my room and I am Connected to the internet via AOL dial up numbers. Some days it takes 5-10 minutes for it to connect, so if you need speed, or a garrenttee log on, I wouldnt count on it, but it works ok for DISing, and I have even loaded Pogo.com in the evenings....

I do plan on writing MS about getting internet service here. Wireless would be wonderful. Dial up is sloooooooow.

As for the shuttle to Sea Pines, we opted not to take it for a couple of reasons... mainly DD 4 fell asleep, and we figured thelonger she napped the better! LOL Plus we didnt mind driving around looking for parking. It is like a game. Both DH and I enjoyed it. The kids were cooperative, and the challange was welcome! LOL

Today is beach day!

Simba's Mom... I never knew Little Toot was owned by someone famous! I will poke around and find out which game show host it belongs too! ROFL

Later gators....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter