• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from OKW - 3/18 - 3/23...

Thank you so much for sharing your trip. :love:

My family and I will be there in a very short 35 days...

In December I made the mistake of staying at an OKW 1 bedroom. :love: :love: :love: In 35 days it will be a GV. I am now soooooo spoiled, I just don't know how I am going to handle a studio in October... That trip will be with my commando twin, so I am hoping we will use the room for showers and sleeping and I won't go into sq. footage shock..:lmao: :lmao:

I am going to make it a point to visit Innoventions and see Fantastic Plastic!!

Thanks for the report! Totally excited about staying at OKW now!

Less than two months to go!

j

I have been enjoying your reports, and they are making me homesick for my OKW! Isn't the mousekeeper's parade a hoot? They enter the resort via the path behind building 55 that goes to DTD, and we stayed in 55 last trip, so we got to see them up close and personal. They seem to have so much fun with it! The day we saw it, they had boom boxes playing music on teh back of some of the carts.

Thanks so much for the wonderful reports - I felt like I was there! Is the OKW 1 bedroom like VB or HH? I have stayed at both of those in 1 and 2 bedrooms, but only a studio at OKW.

I never knew about all the stuff they had at Innoventions. I will have to check that out next time. Sounds like my DD6 would really enjoy it there. Plus I keep meaning to do the disney visa photo op there.

Thanks again for sharing!!

Yes, thank you for sharing your vacation with us all! I enjoyed reading it.

I've been following your awesome vacation! Great photos and descriptions---can't wait for our first DVC trip this summer to OKW!

I had never heard of the Mousekeeping Parade?! :confused3

In December I made the mistake of staying at an OKW 1 bedroom. :love: :love: :love: In 35 days it will be a GV. I am now soooooo spoiled, I just don't know how I am going to handle a studio in October... That trip will be with my commando twin, so I am hoping we will use the room for showers and sleeping and I won't go into sq. footage shock..:lmao: :lmao:

Oh my! We have a studio coming up in May but it's at VWL so it will be a bit different than at OKW. Still, we'll likely feel cramped. But at least the balconies are bigger for studios at VWL than at OKW so we'll get a little extra space.

Thanks so much for the wonderful reports - I felt like I was there! Is the OKW 1 bedroom like VB or HH? I have stayed at both of those in 1 and 2 bedrooms, but only a studio at OKW.

I never knew about all the stuff they had at Innoventions. I will have to check that out next time. Sounds like my DD6 would really enjoy it there. Plus I keep meaning to do the disney visa photo op there.

Thanks again for sharing!!

We haven't been to HH or VB, but I think that the OKW villas are a bit bigger and differently arranged. I just always go look online at dvcmembers.com to see.

Innoventions is amazing - there is a lot of stuff to do - we could spend the better part of the day there. DH usually just finds a bench inside while the boys and I play. But this time we actually got him to play along for some of the things. The boys started out with Toon Tag a few years ago and have since moved on to other things. If you're planning a day at Epcot, allow a couple of hours between each side. Plenty for mom and dad to do, too, if they want.

The Disney Visa op is only there for a few hours each day - i think 1:30 - 4:30 (I know they were closing at 4:30 the day we were there and I think we've seen that info posted elsewhere). There's no guarantee who will be behind the curtain, but you get to go in by yourself and take a few minutes. You can use your own camera, too.

But at least the balconies are bigger for studios at VWL than at OKW so we'll get a little extra space.
I thought they were about the same ? Just stayed in a VWL studio in Oct. Maybe some studios there are larger though. Anything is better than the tiny balcony we had at the Beach Club last summer. Now that was small.......:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter