*LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

Drooling over those conch fritters (a perennial favorite of mine) and your meals at Kona and the wave look great. And love the mimosas in the morning. If only club level always offered that ; )

The champagne was an anniversary surprise that I set up through IPO a couple of months ago. LOL. Imagine if a rumor got started about CL offering mimosas in the morning!!! lol

thanks for the reminder about the carafe. One of the IPO CMs I spoke with told me the same thing and also about the water bottles. I may grab a few more of the portable glass bottles to take as well. Sad about the torch lighting, we're bringing my daughter's best friend with us and she's never stayed at the Poly, was hoping she could absorb everything about it in this quick trip. Are the potstickers in the lounge the same as the 'Ohana ones or more like the ones from Kona? I had the Kona ones once and to me they weren't as tasty.

Actually these didn't taste like the pot stickers from either place, but they were good. :)

Afternoon snacks today are chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, goldfish crackers, gummy bears (I used to LOVE the gummy sharks! lol), and the most delicious chocolate-covered almonds.

image.jpg

Tonight's evening food offerings:

5-spice chicken wings that are juicy, plump, and delicious!! Mushroom risotto balls, chili dipping sauce with black and white sesame seeds for the wings. Cheeses and crackers. A huge fruit display including strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi fruit, pineapple, cantaloupe melon and honey dew melon, grapes. All very artfully arranged by Chef Gene. He seems to really take pride in his food preparations and presentations. :sunny:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi SeaSpray!

I have really enjoyed your live report! Your pics are beautiful and it looks like you had a great time!

It's certainly good to know Poly CL is alive and well and flourishing! I too stayed there when Chef Dick was in charge. It was a special time! I fondly remember his food creations, including the food "decorations"! :)

Thanks for taking us along. And Happy Anniversary!

Wow, those chicken wings look amazing and those are beautiful fruit spreads. But more importantly what is that yummy looking fruit drink???? Hope there is some alcohol in there ; )

Irv and all of the other lounge CMs have been outstanding for the past 8 days. It almost feels like the old days of Chef Dick.

Glad you had a great stay! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience and for posting all of the food pics, everything looks delicious :).

Wow, those chicken wings look amazing and those are beautiful fruit spreads. But more importantly what is that yummy looking fruit drink???? Hope there is some alcohol in there ; )
I think that's the Sangria

I'm sad to see your live report come to a close! I feel like we've kind of been on vacation with you all week. Thanks for sharing your experience at the Poly, I'm really glad to hear you loved it as much as you hoped you would. Safe travels home!

We're home now and have suitcases to unpack and memories to relive! :sunny:

Thanks so much to everyone who followed along with us! I will be adding to this thread over the next couple of days. There are a few meals that I haven't posted about yet, as well as my final thoughts on the Polynesian Village Resort, and the King Kamehameha Club. I just need to get all of my pictures together so that I can post them! :surfweb:

Just found this report and wanted to thank you (and wish you a belated Happy Anniversary)! We're headed down there in 2 weeks, and it will be my first time staying at the Poly. I'm taking my 10 year old daughter as a birthday present, and she is so excited about the volcano pool. I'm a little worried about navigating how to get a good room -- there seem to be a lot of buildings. Thanks again for your report and pictures!

Thank you so much! We stayed club last time and I've been debating an upgrade. Your post is pushing me to upgrade

We just had breakfast in the lounge. All of the CMs have been very friendly. A CM named Ivette has been especially attentive and I watched as she very carefully arranged the fruit platter when she was replenishing it, moving grapes around and stepping back to see how it all looked. :D

Another CM from the concierge desks downstairs came up and noticed that we looked like we were waiting for something so she asked if we needed anything so I told her that I was waiting to ask for a carafe of water to take back to our room. She went into the back and told another CM that "a guest would like a carafe if water" and the CM responded very cheerfully "absolutely! I'll get that right now". I thanked the desk CM and then the lounge CM brought it right out.

I'm sharing this because sometimes we read a lot of negative things or experiences. These are my own experiences and observations. :sunny:

Ivette has been at the Polynesian CL for years and years--she is a doll and always made it a point to address us by name when we were there. She knew and remembered on each visit, that our daughter liked chocolate milk and made sure there was a supply for her while we visited. In the mornings when our daughter arrived in the lounge, Ivette would bring the chocolate milk to her without the need to ask. (Barbara used to do the same for me with tomato juice--another great Polynesian CL CM.) A true treasure and one of the few who remains from the good old days. :) :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing, so glad you had a great trip. We check into Hawaii tomorrow morning...I only thought today was going to be a long day, that is until I read your trip report.

Since our 'Ohana dinner isn't until 8:35pm we decided to check out the evening lounge offerings.

There was chicken legs and wings (very moist and meaty!) to which you could add hot sauce to. The chef warned that the sauce was HOT so I drizzled just a little on my chicken. They also had mushroom risotto balls but I don't like mushrooms so I passed on those. They had carrots, celery, and cucumbers with a ranch dip. They had pineapple with caramel sauce. They the infamous turkey corn dogs so I HAD to try them. They were good! lol. They had fire roasted tomato hummus with mini pitas. They had Swiss and pepper jack cheese and various crackers.

They had several brands of beer, merlot, white, and white zin wine. And they had the tropical sangria stuff which was delicious.

Here's my plate. We brought our plates and sangria back to our room to enjoy it and relax.

View attachment 119222

I know I'm just catching up here but I had to say: my boys loved those turkey corn dogs!

And I remember this night - I did not care for the mushroom risotto balls either. Both my 10-year-old and I tried them as the boys and I decided to have a light dinner at the the club that night (then hit the Pineapple Lanai) as my husband was out of town for business (yes, on vacation) and we don't need a dedicated "meal" like he does. My 10-year-old piled his plate with that chicken and I loved whatever the cheese spread was that night. We had a lot of fun on our easy dinner night :)

And that spiked punch! SO good!!

ETA: I forgot to say Happy Anniversary!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter