Losing it (the second time around) Comments Welcome!

irishtwins1112

Mouseketeer
I am somewhere around the 260 mark. I was this heavy about 7 years ago. My weight hovered around 190ish for several years after I first lost the weight in 2005 but then it crept back up during two pregnancies (One in 2011 and one in 2012). I have two beautiful baby boys and about 70 extra pounds to show for it. My babies are currently 14 months and 2 months old. I love them so much:hug:. So much that I have to get in shape so I can play with them. I don't like feeling like a blob that can't run around with my 1 year old:sad1:.

I have been successful with weight watchers in the past but have lost a lot of self control so I don't think that is the right road for me.

I have an aunt who has done the dukan diet and lost a ton of weight so I am starting the Attack phase of this diet on Sunday. My monthly grocery shopping visit is this Saturday so I am going to get all of the necessary items and go to it.

As far as exercise is concerned.....I am walking occasionally with my boys in the double stroller. My plan is to continue walking and start a half marathon training program from John Bingham in August. I am already signed up for a half marathon in November.

My first big weight loss goal will be to lose 10% of my body weight. I will weigh in on Sunday morning. Every week my mini goal is to lose two pounds.

Followers are welcome. I need some encouragement! Especially from other mommies:thumbsup2

Weekly Weigh In's:
Starting Weight: June 23 256.2
LB's lost Weight
June 30th 9.6 246.6
June 7th 3.8 242.8
July 14th 1.4 241.4
July 21st 1.8 239.6
July 28th 1.8 237.4
August 4th
August 11th
August 18th
August 25th

Hi!

I also started off around 270 and have managed to make some big changes and lose 50 pounds. My weight creeped up after the birth of my second kid, and just steadily increased over the years to the plateau of 250-260. I also felt like I was blobby and unable to keep up with the kids.

I found the only thing that really, reall worked for me was exercise daily. Not just activity, but real exercise. It was hard at first to get into the swing of things, but once I did I never felt better. Dieting helped with some of the weight, but my body adjusted quickly and the weight loss ground to a halt. Also, I didn't feel fitter or stronger, just a few pounds lighter.

With really good exercise I now feel fit and strong. I can't wait for the weight to come off more so that my body can match by abilities and fitness level. I am currently losing about 2 pounds per week.

Good luck to you, and good for you! Losing weight and increasing fitness levels is hard, being a mom of two little ones makes it that much more challenging! It is doable though!

Thanks for the encouragement Terapin!

Sunday morning I weighed in at 256.2. This morning I have already dropped to 254. I know it is water but I am excited about it.:thumbsup2

Yesterday was my first day on the attack phase. I did very well and did not cheat at all. I got all of my fluids in. So far I am really liking this because I don't have to think about calories or anything while I am wrestling my babies. Today I have done well as well. The only thing I really miss right now is peanut butter:sad1:. I have discovered that there are oil food flavorings (like vanilla flavoring etc.) that you can get that are supposed to be really yummy. I am thinking of trying a peanut butter one that I found on Amazon.:banana:

I am down to 251.8 this morning:banana:.

Yesterday there was no cheating and I did a 30 minute walk in the evening on the treadmill:yay: while my hubby watching the babies (1.42 miles). I am so excited that I could be seeing the 240's by the end of the week.:woohoo:

I am super tired this morning. I had read that the dukan diet attack phase can do this so I expected it. However, I have not been this tired in a while. I was up with the baby from 330 to 545 this morning and then got about 20 minutes of sleep:headache: before I had to get up. Normally this doesn't bother me but I feel like the walking dead:sick:. Perhaps I will get some b12 vitamins to take.

Thanks Sunny!

I weighed in at 150.4 today!!!!! YAY!:cheer2:

I stayed on the allowed list most of the day with two exceptions. I had half of a small square of Ghirardelli 86% dark chocolate and 2 T PB2 mixed with one T water. I really wanted something chocolate so I think it was a good decision considering that there were hershey's bliss chocolates, coconut cake, and donuts at my mom's house that I resisted. Peanut butter is not allowed on Dukan but the PB2 is a different thing all together. It is like dehydrated pb with most of the fat removed and it only has 5 carbs in 2 T. It was really yummy.

I guess we will see if it affects my weigh in tomorrow.

I only have a few more days on the attack phase of Dukan and then I get my veggies back. I have never been so excited to get back vegetables in my diet.

Down to 249.2 this morning!:banana: Hooray!:cheer2: Loving the attack phase.

Once I move to the Cruise phase I will only weigh once a week because I know the weight loss will be slower and I don't want to discourage myself.

In other news:)...... my mom offered to register me for the Disney World Marathon 2013:woohoo:. I was talking about it and she said she would pay because she could tell I was unsure. I am so uber excited:dance3:. I have that half marathon in November and now the full in January. I love to have exercise goals because it keeps me honest.

I am pretty sure I have convinced the hubby that we should all stay at the Dolphin for two nights (Saturday and Monday of race weekend). He said I could make the reservations at the end of the month. That way, he and my boys can sleep in and then walk out and see me at mile 24-25:yay:. If that isn't inspiration to finish I don't know what is:hug:.

This evening I have to do a 30 minute walking I believe. I am planning to do it when the hubs gets home and watches the babies.

Scale says 248.6 this morning:thumbsup2

Yesterday no cheating so that was good. I got all my fluids. When the hubs got home I did a 30 minute walk (1.45 miles).

The pb2 does not appear to have affected my weight loss so I ordered some off of Amazon.

Now it is time for :laundy: :sad1: SO MANY CLOTHES!

Down to 248 this morning:banana:.

No cheating in the food area. Yesterday I made a pretty yummy shake with nonfat greek yogurt, truvia sweetener, lowfat milk, banana flavoring and some pb2. Very good substitute for a chunky monkey shake.

I walked two miles in 36:42. That is a little less than 18:30 a mile. Better than my mid week walks this past week. I am shooting for being able to do a 15-16 minute mile sometime in the next few months but I know it will take time. I used to easily do 15 minute miles and I would so love to get back to that. I felt so fit. I have to get back to at least a 16 minute mile for the Disney marathon....but I would feel better if I was at 15 so that I have a cushion.

I know some people probably think that is super slow:confused3.......but it makes me feel good:woohoo:!

On another note.....I went to walk at the MIL's this morning (she agreed to watch the babies) and when I got home both babies were asleep. I went to the door and my hubs had thrown the top lock :headache: so I couldn't get in the front door. I had to walk all the way around the back:mad:. Thankfully my 14 mo old went back to sleep as soon as I put him in the crib. My 2 month old decided to projectile vomit everywhere in his carseat:sad1::sad2:. It was fun cleaning that up. Thankfully, they are now both back asleep. Kids are a handful sometimes, but I love 'em.:hug:

Down to 247.4 today:cool1:

Attack Phase is done and now I move to cruise which is alternating days of just protein and protein/vegetables.:thumbsup2

I won't be weighing in again until next Saturday. It kind of makes me nervous. I have read that at this stage sometimes your weight loss will stall or slow way down but to keep persevering because it will start back up again.

Yesterday, I started with the Cruise phase which means I alternate days of just protein(like the attack phase) with days proteins and veggies (pretty much all veggies are allowed except starchy ones).

For breakfast I had some coconut dannon light and fit yogurt with 2 T oat bran mixed in. 2T of oat bran a day is a requirement for all phases of the dukan diet. It was pretty good. I also had 4 slices of reduced fat bacon about 16 oz water.

I had a bottle of water and Diet Dr Pepper in Sunday School.

Me and my hubs went out on a date for Brunch(really lunch) at a local restaurant yesterday while the MIL watched the kiddos. I ordered the vegetable quiche and peeled the crust off since I can't have it. I got the waitress to check with the chef to make sure it was safe for me. It was so yummy. The quiche had spinach onions and grape tomatoes. On a whim we also ordered the savory bacon cheesecake appetizer:guilty:. I am supposed to have only reduced fat bacon and fat free or reduced fat cream cheese so I know that I went over my fats a lot yesterday.

Now check me out on the things that I passed up! Shortly after we ordered the lady brought out two fresh beautiful yeast rolls and some of their "signature strawberry honey butter". Oh man, they smelled so good:cloud9:. I sat them as far away from me as possible. Hubs wasn't eating any of them. I said "Are you gonna eat any of those....if not I am going to get the waitress so she can take them away". He wasn't interested. I was about to get the waitress when she came back to the table and apologized, remembering about the diet I had told her I was on earlier(thereby increasing her tip:thumbsup2).
Crisis averted :woohoo:. Then, our bacon cheesecake app came out. I didn't know it would be served with fresh toasted/buttered bread and homemade jam to top it with. OMG:scared1:. The jam was actually on the cheesecake so I proceeded to cut off the pieces touching jam and let hubs have them. All I ate was part of the bacon cheesecake (probably about half the size of a regular cheesecake slice). No jam, no bread:cheer2:.

All in all, I think the first meal dining out while on the dukan diet was a success.

After we got back to MIL's house I ate some ff cottage cheese with about 4 cherry tomatoes chopped up in it and a Coke Zero. MIL had bought a pool for DS14months and he had a great time playing in it. We took some pics and then we went home.

In the afternoon I ate maybe a half cup of the beef roast I had made with a few of the baby carrots and onions that were cooked with it.

Last night I had 1c of reduced fat milk with 2T sugar free Hershey's Strawberry Syrup. That was the first time I have ever tried it. It was super good. I couldn't even tell it was sugar free. It only has 10 calories and basically no carbs (It has 4g sugar alcohols). I also had some sf ff jello for supper (I wasn't that hungry) and about 48 oz water.

Yesterday was a really good day!

Today is a pp(pure protein) day.

So far I have had a key lime pie ff and almost sf yogurt with 2T oat bran mixed in, 4 pieces bacon, and about 3 egg whites. For lunch I am planning to eat the beef roast. I may also eat some chicken salad that I made a couple of days ago (mayo free.....and pretty good if I do say so myself:angel: ). For dinner probably more beef roast unless I cook the perch that is in my freezer. Tonight I also need to do a 30 minute walk.

I have been following the diet and keeping up with my exercise. Monday I did a 30 minute walk (1.52 miles) on the treadmill. Tuesday I was supposed to xtrain but a friend wanting a walking buddy so I walked with her for 35 minutes.

I am so sleep deprived DS 14 months kept us up all night :sad2:. I think he is teething again. BUMMER : (

Good thing today is a Rest Day!

So weigh in is tomorrow. I am kind of nervous:scared1: but I have been following the diet so everything should be good.

Yesterday I walked on the treadmill. Not sure how far because I had to get off and I wasn't sure how to pause it so it turned off:confused3. It was a 30 minute walk and my pace was 3.2 mph for the most part. Today was a xtrain day so I did the basic tae bo workout which is almost 30 minutes. I forgot how hard that thing is, but I got through it.

I tried working out for the first time while my 14 mo old was asleep. It worked well until he woke up. I was just about 5 minutes from the end of the tape but it is all good as long as I'm moving.:thumbsup2

I am down to 246.6 today. That is only .8 lbs. I guess it is still a loss but I was hoping closer to two pounds:sad2:. Let me do a dance anyway to make myself feel better.

:banana::thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

Perhaps I need to cut out some of my dairy. I have read that it can affect weight loss. I think I will also start weighing myself daily to see if I can target if certain foods are an issue. Also, I will try to eat mostly green veggies this week to see if it makes a difference. Last week, I had carrots that I cooked with a roast several of my protein/veggie days and that could have made my carbs go up too far.

Today is a 2 mile walk outside. Hopefully I can do it before the sidewalks start melting:sad2:. It was super hot yesterday (heat index of 112 degrees:scared1:) so I am getting started early this morning.

Man, I am so close to that 10 pound wish signature. I want it so bad!

Don't forget that cycles can mess with weight loss. I often have two weeks of very little weight loss, and two weeks of 3-5 pounds with no changes other than where I am in my cycle. I have an exercise schedule so that stays consistent.

.8 is still most of a pound of butter! That is still a very good accomplishment. As long as it is going down, down, down it is a celebration of your perseverance. :banana:

Weighed this morning and down to 245! That is 1.6 lb's in a day.:cool1:

I can now get my 10 lb wish pin!:wizard::cloud9:

Yesterday I did my 2 mile walk and I added a few sprinkles of running in there. I finished in 36 minutes 9 seconds which is just over 18 minutes per mile.:banana:

Today is a protein/veggie day. I have a party to go to tonight and found a recipe for dip that fits my diet. It is cheesy spinach and bacon dip:banana:. I am super excited about it. Today was a rest day so no exercise.

I feel so sorry for my hubs. He has had a migraine since yesterday. Poor guy!:sick:

Weighed in at 244.2 this morning.:banana:

Still following the diet to a t.

Tomorrow we are having a family get together with the in-laws. They are doing ribs, corn, potato salad and salad. Because I cant have much of that I am bringing bacon creamed spinach and cheesecake (that I can have). I am also getting my mil to take out a few ribs for me to make with splenda brown sugar rub instead of the regular brown sugar rub she uses.

I feel well prepared.:wizard:

I am not expecting a loss for Thursday morning because the cheesecake and ribs are going to make my day fattier than usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter