Losing weight and getting healthy for my trip in January 2013

On a brighter note. I went to the dietician at the hospital today who checked my measurements and talked with me about my usual diet and what choices and improvements i could be making.

It was really good. She was a lovely lady who didn't make me feel like she was looking down on me or that i was bad, lol.

She gave me some information sheets from the British heart foundation about what i should be eating every day, 2-3 times per week and rarely. It also gives portion sizes and she has recommended i stick to 1500 calories per day.

I feel like i'm getting back on track :)

This weight loss thing has been much slower than expected lol. I was finding it really hard to get motivated and keep motivated...so on tuesday i joined slimming world.

Being weighed in front of other people (although they don't announce your weight) is enough to keep me going

So i started the slimming world diet on wednesday and when i weighed myself this morning (sunday) i had lost 3 and a half pounds. Whoopee!

Basically i've been drinking at least 2 litres of water per day and sticking to diet drinks. All meals you need to have 1/3 of your plate filled with fruit or veg. 1/3 meat with visible fat cut off. 1/3 potatoes, rice, pulses. You get a small portion of dairy and 2 slices wholemeal bread per day. Snack on fruit, veg and sandwich slices of meat. Everything else comes out of your syns...you're allowed 10 syn points per day.

If anyone else is struggling, hopefully they'll read this and it might give them a bit of a push too xx

So now that I have joined slimming world, i am weighing in on Tuesday evenings instead. Due to it being the evening, not first thing in the morning, and i am fully dressed, not willing to be completely naked in a room full of strangers, my start weight was slightly higher so there might be a little overlap there but i'm going to be logging those weights from now on.

Anyway last week my starting weight was 17st10.5lb (248.5lb)

This week my weight is 17st5lb (243)

I lost 5.5lb!!!!!

I'm absolutely thrilled and it has definitely given me the motivation to carry on and keep trying my best to ensure that i reach my goals...not just for Christmas, not just for Disney, but forever! xx

Uggh, this week has been tough...i'm not really sure why. I've just been slipping a lot.

I've got 2 days til my weigh in, so here's hoping for a miracle, lol. Wish me luck xx

Had my weigh in last night and i lost 1lb which brings my slimming world total to 6.5lb.

I'm thrilled, but i'm definitely going to be working harder now. I feel like i could've done better this week.

I'm drinking only 2 litres of water or diet drinks and the occasional cup of tea. I made a big salad and put it in tupperware to have every day and i did the same with a fruit salad, consisting of red grapes, green grapes, strawberries and raspberries at the moment.

The last couple of days have gone well, so i'm hoping to stick to it xxx

Good work! Keep it up! Make sure you get good proteins too to keep you filled up between meals. Not a fan of the diet drinks myself: I like things more natural and there is good research to show that they mess with your bloodsugar even though they are sugar free. But hey, if it keeps you on track, might be a better trade-off. You're doing fantastic!

Thankyou!

I have heard bad things about diet drinks in the past. I'm taking extra special care of my teeth just in case, brushing twice per day, mouthwash twice per day and flossing. I try not to have too many of them, just 1 or 2 per day, but i am finding them very helpful and they are a part of this diet. Maybe in a month or so when i'm feeling a bit stronger i might move to cutting those out too :)

Also, my salads always include meat or fish. I'm such a carnivore, haha, i couldn't cut out meat if i tried. Though i am also a huge fan of feta cheese and grapes with my salad.

I really appreciate the support xx

HOLIDAY UPDATE

OMG, i'm so excited!

We have our plane seats booked - 2 together with no seats beside us.

We've bought our La Nouba tickets, which i'm thrilled about seeing. Watching a cirque du soleil performance has always been a dream of mine.

Tonight we bought the Photopass Plus for $149 since it's on sale.

and

Tonight we also bought our 14 day unlimited Disney world and Universal ticket from Orlando Attractions for £347 ($546) each.

Aaah, i'm so happy!!!

Just need to save up spending money now, which should be pretty do-able, especially since my wonderful big brother has combined my birthday and christmas present to give me £500 for my holiday.

The only other thing i'm hoping for, is that the Wishes dessert party is still being held in January and to purchase the tickets. I've heard that it may be closed due to renovations, but i really hope not. If it isn't on, oh well, it isn't the end of the world....we'll have a fantastic time anyway.

Hope everyone else is having as brilliant a day as me! xxx

Well, i went to slimming world on tuesday and i lost 0.5lb, which means i made my first half stone goal with them. Yay! And it only took 4 weeks...i've not even been hungry and have been a bit naughty now and then...after my weigh in we always get a take away haha.

I'm thrilled! i might have originally wanted to things to move a bit faster, but for the first time ever, they are moving in the right direction.

Only 40 sleeps til christmas and 8 weeks til our holiday! :D xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter