Loss of a DIS'er

You knew her as Amberpi.
My son called her Amburgermama.
I mostly just called her Darling.

Amber was a brilliant and strongly opinionated woman. It’s no surprise that there are board members who loved her and board members that hated her.

I wanted to thank those of you that have safeguarded my eyes and heart the day I would run across this post. God knows she was on the board all the time. Of course I’d check one day. My family thanks you.

Your Amberpi’s dying wish was that some part of her become part of Its a Small World. I have a 5 day park hopper the mouse transferred from her name to mine. I may be banned from the parks after. I don’t care. You people probably understand the beauty of this memorial gesture more than anyone else could.

As for speculations about the cause of death, their was a recently diagnosed autoimmune disease and cirrhosis. It’s public record on her death certificate. I woke up next to her one morning and she was gone. It was a terrible experience I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Thank you for bringing joy to my sweet wife while she was here and for memorializing her so extensively when she left us all

You knew her as Amberpi.

Amber was a brilliant and strongly opinionated woman. It’s no surprise that there are board members who loved her and board members that hated her.

I wanted to thank those of you that have safeguarded my eyes and heart the day I would run across this post. God knows she was on the board all the time. Of course I’d check one day. My family thanks you.

Your Amberpi’s dying wish was that some part of her become part of Its a Small World. I have a 5 day park hopper the mouse transferred from her name to mine. I may be banned from the parks after. I don’t care. You people probably understand the beauty of this memorial gesture more than anyone else could.

As for speculations about the cause of death, their was a recently diagnosed autoimmune disease and cirrhosis. It’s public record on her death certificate. I woke up next to her one morning and she was gone. It was a terrible experience I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Thank you for bringing joy to my sweet wife while she was here and for memorializing her so extensively when she left us all
I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife. My condolences to you and your family.

Amber always really liked Josh. Yes EasyWDW Josh. We even saw him in MK one night, but she was too shy to say hello. If Josh is out there and would let me buy him a drink in Epcot on the Memorial trip, that’d be meaningful. I know the cats super aloof, but maybe he’d entertain a free drink? Anyone have any strings they could pull?

So sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some comfort in this terrible time by remembering your wife on the boards.

Very sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting.

Amber always really liked Josh. Yes EasyWDW Josh. We even saw him in MK one night, but she was too shy to say hello. If Josh is out there and would let me buy him a drink in Epcot on the Memorial trip, that’d be meaningful. I know the cats super aloof, but maybe he’d entertain a free drink? Anyone have any strings they could pull?
His email is josh@easywdw.com. He's also active on twitter under the handle @easywdw. His username on the boards is notfrostyjosh, though I'm not sure how active he is here.

I'll just say she was well liked around here for good conversation, and sorry to see her go. If anything might have occurred that was upsetting to you, all I can say is that this is the internet and there are a lot of mean-spirited people who use it for petty reasons.

You knew her as Amberpi.

So nice of you to stop by, Jason. My condolences again, now more directly, to you, Lillian and Jonah, along with all your extended families. Saying again, Amber was a good person. God speed for Amber, comfort for you, Jason.

And she will always be there.....

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
There's so much that we share that it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

For sure..........

I'll just say she was well liked around here for good conversation, and sorry to see her go. If anything might have occurred that was upsetting to you, all I can say is that this is the internet and there are a lot of mean-spirited people who use it for petty reasons.

Honestly, nothing I’ve seen on the boards upset me. I’m an old troll myself. And I have the impression an admin deleted some things that might’ve. When I first discovered this post, Amber’s passing was too fresh to care about anything someone said online. After losing her, some pixels on a screen by an anon wont shake me much. But sincerely, thank you for the sentiment and for remembering my darling Amber.

I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sure I would have enjoyed meeting Amber. Once you get past my initial awkwardness, I'm usually pretty friendly, though also very moody, so you never really know. With the whole Covid thing and the park reservation system limiting the number of entrances I can have at any given time, I'm not sure how tenable a meet and greet would be now under the current conditions. You can certainly shoot me an email/private message with your dates and we can see if things align. Plus, if we just wave from about six feet away, you'll save the fifteen bucks and probably come away with a more positive overall experience. I'd be the one buying, so it may be me trying to save the money here, anyway.

41 is way too young. I'm really sorry about that.

And thanks to Dan for shooting me an email to this thread. I don't think I would have seen it otherwise.

In case there’s any doubt about the authenticity of the above posts. It’s really me. Jason. And I have access to my late wife’s account too.

All the gratitude to this community.
I know that words can never fully express, or take any pain away, but I do want to offer my condolences To you Jason, and your entire family,

So sorry about your loss Jason. I always looked forward to Ambers‘ posts. Did she ever finish that book she started? Her life story was quite fascinating, she was so resilient. I remember the “joy“ she had when she was talking about you, her step children and Disney..............
I wish you and your family all the best,
jump00

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter