Love those 80's!

26467Markie_Post_s_Hooters.jpg

Yeah, Rob....me too. In fact .....I cant stop starring at her savvy litigious intellect in the above photo!!:lovestruc

me either rog

The other Public Defender on Night court was Billie Young played by Ellen Foley. She gained high public recognition singing the duet with Meat Loaf on the hit single "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" from the 1977 album Bat out of Hell. Although Karla DeVito is featured on the music video, DeVito is lip synching to Foley's vocals.

Ellen%20Foley.jpg
ellenfoleynightcourt.jpg

I'm sorry but this looks waaay better.

7930_1.JPG

Wow did I stump you guys ?

Ya know...ya sure did!!!! I finally got it from Frank in chat last night...then couldnt believe I DIDNT remember that name!!!! Someone HAS to know that name...even if you have to think about well into the night...you'll remember this one!!!!

The other Public Defender on Night court was Billie Young played by Ellen Foley. She gained high public recognition singing the duet with Meat Loaf on the hit single "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" from the 1977 album Bat out of Hell. Although Karla DeVito is featured on the music video, DeVito is lip synching to Foley's vocals.

Ellen%20Foley.jpg
ellenfoleynightcourt.jpg

THIS is amazing to me.....I had NO IDEA that that mousely little chic was the actual voice in PARADISE. Man....she really belted it out!!!! I had to check your facts because this was so unbelievable to me, and sure enough, you're right. Now I gotta search the cable guide for some reruns of Night Court.....ya know, it really was a GREAT show, wasnt it.

Theres a definate connection between TAXI and CHEERS......what is it that pairs these 2 80s sitcoms together?

Who are these bunch of squares?

610x.jpg

Three of these geeks went on to have pretty shiney careers on the screen, do you know which three they are?

Theres a definate connection between TAXI and CHEERS......what is it that pairs these 2 80s sitcoms together?

Good question.

But too easy.

Danny Davito played Louie on Taxi. He is married in "real life" to Rhea Pearlman, who played Carla on Cheers.

TCD

Who are these bunch of squares?

610x.jpg

Three of these geeks went on to have pretty shiney careers on the screen, do you know which three they are?

I think the show was Square Pegs. The only one of this group I know for sure is Sarah Jessica Parker. She's best known for her role as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City.

SQUARE PEGS is right!!!! SJP is ALSO right...shes front row right in the pic.

Theres 2 to go...ones the daughter of a deceased travelin' man and sister to these guys(yep...those are twin MALES, had a hit video in the late 80s).....
nelsonoa2.jpg

and had several short lived roles on numerous TV shows...she was even a NUN on some cop drama for a good while.

The other....well, she was one of my favorite brat-packers.....a subtle queen of the 80s movies...as well as TV shows like Diff'rent Strokes and Facts of Life...shes always been there, but rarely given the credit she deserves. She was the little sister that Cry Little Sister was written about in LOST BOYS. She saved Robert Downey Jr from being less than zero. She was even there when those sixteen candles were blown out..but most only noticed the RED HEAD!!! Brunettes are people too!!

Theres 2 to go...ones the daughter of a deceased travelin' man and sister to these guys(yep...those are twin MALES, had a hit video in the late 80s).....
nelsonoa2.jpg

and had several short lived roles on numerous TV shows...she was even a NUN on some cop drama for a good while.

These are the Nelsons, Matthew and Gunner. Their sister is Tracy Nelson <middle row, left side> (the nun in Father Dowling Mysteries with Tom Bosley) and their dad was Ricky Nelson.

The other....well, she was one of my favorite brat-packers.....a subtle queen of the 80s movies...as well as TV shows like Diff'rent Strokes and Facts of Life...shes always been there, but rarely given the credit she deserves. She was the little sister that Cry Little Sister was written about in LOST BOYS. She saved Robert Downey Jr from being less than zero. She was even there when those sixteen candles were blown out..but most only noticed the RED HEAD!!! Brunettes are people too!!

In the orange hat <top row, right> we have the ever so lovely Jami Gertz ("We've got cows" - anyone?) most recently of Still Standing. She grew up nice.

nelsonoa2.jpg

Those guys are Nelson....I remember thinking they were the dumbest looking excuse for men I had ever seen....couldn't tell you one song they did though.

The other girl is Jami Gertz...she's one of those "you'd know her if you saw her" kinds of people. She played a phone sex operator on Seinfeld once.

Tracey Nelson and Jaime Gertz is 100% correct!!!

Chris and Ami have conflicting opinions on Jaime Gertz....but both are completely corrct...she grew up VERY NICE as you can see on STILL STANDING (one of the few sitcoms around that I like...ya know..fat guys CAN marry hot women too!!), but..like Ami refers to her...Ya'd know her if ya saw her......its wierd that as long as we've seen her in the larger than life image, so few know her by name.

just for gits and shiggles...here's IMDBs list of her work, this is a HELL of a list for a virtually "unknown" to have under her belt:

Lost Holiday: The Jim & Suzanne Shemwell Story (2007) (TV) .... Suzanne Shemwell
"Shark" .... Sara Metcalfe (1 episode, 2006)
- Sins of the Mother (2006) TV episode .... Sara Metcalfe
Keeping Up with the Steins (2006) .... Joanne Fiedler
"Still Standing" .... Judy Miller (88 episodes, 2002-2006)
- Still Deceitful (2006) TV episode .... Judy Miller
- Still Graduating (2006) TV episode .... Judy Miller
- Still Bad (2006) TV episode .... Judy Miller
- Still Coaching (2006) TV episode .... Judy Miller
- Still Eighteen (2006) TV episode .... Judy Miller
(83 more)
Fighting the Odds: The Marilyn Gambrell Story (2005) (TV) .... Marilyn Gambrell
Undercover Christmas (2003) (TV) .... Brandi O'Neill
... aka Amour en cadeau, L' (Canada: French title)
... aka Undercover Lover (Australia: cable TV title)
Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (TV) .... Gilda Radner
"Ally McBeal" .... Kimmy Bishop (5 episodes, 2000-2002)
- Playing with Matches (2002) TV episode .... Kimmy Bishop
- Love on Holiday (2000) TV episode .... Kimmy Bishop
- The Last Virgin (2000) TV episode .... Kimmy Bishop
- Tis the Season (2000) TV episode .... Kimmy Bishop
- Without a Net (2000) TV episode .... Kimmy Bishop
Lip Service (2001) .... Kat
True Love (2001) (TV)

Seven Girlfriends (1999) .... Lisa
"ER" .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz (6 episodes, 1997)
- Make a Wish (1997) TV episode .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz
- Calling Dr. Hathaway (1997) TV episode .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz
- You Bet Your Life (1997) TV episode .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz
- Faith (1997) TV episode .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz
- Whose Appy Now? (1997) TV episode .... Dr. Nina Pomerantz
(1 more)
Twister (1996) .... Dr. Melissa Reeves
"Hudson Street" .... Allison (1 episode, 1995)
- Bells & Whistles (1995) TV episode .... Allison
"Dream On" .... Jane Harnick, Kidnapper #2 / ... (3 episodes, 1994-1995)
- Take Two Tablets, and Get Me to Mt. Sinai (1995) TV episode .... Martin's Lover
- The Taking of Pablum 1-2-3: Part 2 (1994) TV episode .... Jane Harnick, Kidnapper #2
- The Taking of Pablum 1-2-3: Part 1 (1994) TV episode .... Jane Harnick, Kidnapper #2
Related by Birth (1994) (TV) .... Lily
This Can't Be Love (1994) (TV) .... Sarah
"Seinfeld" .... Jane (1 episode, 1994)
- The Stall (1994) TV episode .... Jane
Jersey Girl (1992) .... Toby Mastallone
"Sibs" (1991) TV series .... Lily (unknown episodes)
Sibling Rivalry (1990) .... Jeanine
Don't Tell Her It's Me (1990) .... Emily Pear
... aka The Boyfriend School (USA: cable TV title)

Zwei Frauen (1989) .... Eva Martin
... aka Silence Like Glass (USA)
[Renegades (1989) .... Barbara
Listen to Me (1989) .... Monica Tomanski
Less Than Zero (1987) .... Blair
The Lost Boys (1987) .... Star
Solarbabies (1986) .... Terra
... aka Solar Warriors
Crossroads (1986) .... Frances
Quick Silver (1986) .... Terri
Mischief (1985) .... Rosalie
"Dreams" .... Martha Spino (12 episodes, 1984)
- Fortune and Fame (1984) TV episode .... Martha Spino
- Working Life (1984) TV episode .... Martha Spino
- Boys Are the Best (1984) TV episode .... Martha Spino
- Friends (1984) TV episode .... Martha Spino
- Kiss Me Red (1984) TV episode .... Martha Spino
(7 more)
Sixteen Candles (1984) .... Robin
Alphabet City (1984) .... Sophia
"Family Ties" .... Jocelyn Clark (1 episode, 1984)
- Double Date (1984) TV episode .... Jocelyn Clark
"The Facts of Life" .... Boots St. Claire (4 episodes, 1983-1984)
- Star at Langley (1984) TV episode .... Boots St. Claire
- All or Nothing (1984) TV episode .... Boots St. Claire
- Advance Placement (1983) TV episode .... Boots St. Claire
- Gamma Gamma or Bust (1983) TV episode .... Boots St. Claire
For Members Only (1983) (TV) .... Monica Mitchell
"Diff'rent Strokes" .... Lindsey (1 episode, 1983)
- My Fair Larry (1983) TV episode .... Lindsey
"Square Pegs" .... Muffy Tepperman (3 episodes, 1982-1983)
- No Substitutions (1983) TV episode .... Muffy Tepperman
- A Cafeteria Line (1982) TV episode .... Muffy Tepperman
- Pilot (1982) TV episode .... Muffy Tepperman
Endless Love (1981) .... Patty
On the Right Track (1981) .... Big Girl
Some of us have always noticed!!!
jami-gertz.jpg

I gave up and googled Benny Mardones and was amazed I couldn't remember his name... I used to love that song. I had it on a compilation 8-track but never on LP/cassette/CD so it was doomed to never be heard again until YouTube! Thanks Rog!

I gave up and googled Benny Mardones and was amazed I couldn't remember his name... I used to love that song. I had it on a compilation 8-track but never on LP/cassette/CD so it was doomed to never be heard again until YouTube! Thanks Rog!

As much as I'd like to......the credit on this one belongs to 2GoofyCampers. Denise stumped us all with that golden oldie.:thumbsup2

As much as I'd like to......the credit on this one belongs to 2GoofyCampers. Denise stumped us all with that golden oldie.:thumbsup2

She's just sixteen years old
Leave her alone, they say
Separated by fools
Who don't know what love is yet
But I want you to know

If I could fly
I'd pick you up
I'd take you into the night
And show you a love
Like you've never seen, ever seen

It's like having a dream
Where nobody has a heart
It's like having it all
And watching it fall apart
And I would wait till the end
Of time for you
And do it again, it's true
I can't measure my love
There's nothing to compare it to
But I want you to know

If I could fly
I'd pick you up
And show you a love
Oooooh, if I could fly
I'd pick you up
And show you a love
Like you've never seen, ever seen
Yeah, Ooooooh....

it also came back to the charts in 1989

it is one of my all time favorites

Benny Mardonnes' song reminds me of another hit from that time frame..any one know what major hit these guys were responsible for?

ultra easy hint...click the pic

ps...do yourself a favor and play the "related links" section to the right of the above video....boy....talk about some good ol'times!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter