LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

Alas, I wasn't clear enough on my Disney photography experience. The honeymoon pics that we got that were so great weren't photopass; they were the honeymoon shoot that we swapped out for the regular photography (we used Randy on the actual day of). *That's* the guy who we asked about the differences in levels of photography. Photopass guys (and gals!), from what I understand are at completely diferent.

Carrie,

Sorry to hear Flying Fish wasn't up to snuff. I had the potato wrapped snapper(DH even liked it and he's not a fish lover). He had the short ribs which were great. But then again we downed a bottle of Merlot, so anything may have tasted great to us. :thumbsup2

Wanted to let you know one of your wedding day tips has payed off for my sister. She has a dress that is faux wrap and the top keeps gapping open(she's rather modest), so I told her about the tape you used to hold your necklace in place. She bought a roll and :yay: it works and saves her $50 from buying some camisole to wear underneith it.

So here's a big thank you from Hope.:flower3:

I'm sorry to here about the MK photos. I hope it gets sorted out.

I love your hats!

:rotfl: For the groom ears, you actually don't even need the top hat - just buy a cheap-o set of classic black mouse ears. We made slits in the sides of the hat and pushed the metal tabs through, then covered the metal bars with black felt that was affixed using Barge, an industrial-strength adhesive they use to put soles on shoes.

The bride ears were trickier and more spendy, cuz you gotta buy that headband. He removed the ears, trim and veil, and then affixed the ears the same way he did the groom ears. It's harder because of the sequins. Then he used Barge to affix the veil and trim at the top. :thumbsup2

Oh crap... there goes my cottage industry... :rotfl2:

Could you just do the same for the bride as for the groom (only painted white with a bit of veil attatched)? It would be a fun and rewarding weekendy hobby for you and Patrick and could fund future trips to Disney! I say you go for it. :thumbsup2 Oh! And you could call your company Smoochtastic Designs! :woohoo: It would totally work.

Oh crap... there goes my cottage industry... :rotfl2:

You could always start up a Brazilian Bikini Wax business.:thumbsup2 Make it a mobile one that you could go around to all of the resorts.

;)

I have a really catchy name for the business, too! I'd post it -- but I would have my hands slapped by the mods and earn 6,482 points and be banned for life. :guilty:

A very relaxing day

You said it! I wish I could have another one right now...

I think your industry is safe ;) . I would love to buy them. I am too lazy to make them!:goodvibes

Whohoo! My marketing strategy will be aimed squarely at lazy people!

AlasThe honeymoon pics that we got that were so great weren't photopass; they were the honeymoon shoot that we swapped out for the regular photography

Ooooooh! I get it now :upsidedow

Sorry to hear Flying Fish wasn't up to snuff. I had the potato wrapped snapper(DH even liked it and he's not a fish lover). He had the short ribs which were great. But then again we downed a bottle of Merlot, so anything may have tasted great to us. :thumbsup2

Wanted to let you know one of your wedding day tips has payed off for my sister. She has a dress that is faux wrap and the top keeps gapping open(she's rather modest), so I told her about the tape you used to hold your necklace in place. She bought a roll and :yay: it works and saves her $50 from buying some camisole to wear underneath it.

Hooray! I love saving people money!! Also, I think if we had stuck to what you and DH had at FF, we'd be raving about it too!

I'm sorry to here about the MK photos. I hope it gets sorted out. I love your hats!

:goodvibes Thanks!!

And you could call your company Smoochtastic Designs! :woohoo: It would totally work.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You could always start up a Brazilian Bikini Wax business.:thumbsup2 Make it a mobile one that you could go around to all of the resorts. I have a really catchy name for the business, too! I'd post it -- but I would have my hands slapped by the mods and earn 6,482 points and be banned for life. :guilty:

Oh man - now I wanna know what it is... "Itchy, Stingy, Burny Waxes 'R' Us"? :lmao:

Oh man - now I wanna know what it is... "Itchy, Stingy, Burny Waxes 'R' Us"? :lmao:

Well - you're on the right track! It was bad. :blush: I didn't go to Church on Sunday -- and it's showing!:guilty:

The PG-13 rated version included "Carrie's Lawn Service".... :rolleyes1

So much catching up to do...

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day. Everything looked absolutely amazing and you tell such a great story. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Love the hats Patrick made. I totally want to do something like that as DF would never put that top hat on his head, ever, plus he loves baseball hats. Headbands don't stay put on my head & I'd rather a baseball hat myself to keep the sun off my head and out of my eyes & ensure a great hair day :rotfl:

So sorry about your MK pics. I hope something works out there pixiedust:

I've been agonizing over this.... I don't want to share the link with anybody yet because we've been trying to work with Disney to get them fixed. And I don't want to write about the MK Shoot experience yet because the whole thing has been ruined by how awful our pictures are.

The problems aren't just a matter of taste - the photographer actually Photoshopped in random lines and bleached out parts of one photo in an attempt to "help" a goofy pose we struck. The other problems include people walking through the back of our shots, the castle being crooked in almost all photos, photos that are blurry or out of focus, giant red exit signs in the photos, and framing that is so bad that 2/3 of the picture is sidewalk or sky, with a tiny castle and tiny us somewhere in the back.

At first I thought I'd just been spoiled by working with the Roots, but when I saw Amanda's pix, I knew that ours were actually bad. Hers include a nice mix of long shots and closeups, and Photoshop work that's actually artistic. About 70% of ours are taken from so far away that you can't see our features, and they include all this other junk in the frame - trash cans, huge expanses of sidewalk, etc. I actually felt sick when I first saw them, considering how much we spent.

When we first brought this to the attention of Disney Photographic, they said our photographer would fix them and reupload them. Well, we looked at them again when they reuploaded them, and they are IDENTICAL! They added in a few extra shots we didn't have before, but the Photoshop problems, the framing - it's all still there. So I sent back a shot-by-shot breakdown of the problems with each picture. I haven't heard anything back yet....

Sorry to write such a rant. I keep hoping we'll hear back and I can post a link to the fixed pictures, but until then... no pictures, folks... :sad1:

Sorry to hear about your Disney pictures--I came out of "lurk-dom" to tell you that my pics were taken in 2002 at MK photoshoot and we were getting ready to hang them in our new house last week-lo and behold, I notice my DH's arm was photoshopped!!! He has no arm and I never noticed in 5 years! OOPS! (Of course, my Mom has a copy and I told her and she said "Oh yeah, we laugh about that everytime we walk by the picture~") ***? Anyway, I contacted Disney Photo and they offered to fix the pics and even gave me their fedex number to send them back...I haven't read all the posts after the above one to see what happened, but I am sure they can do something!
Just thought I'd share.//;)

Love the hats Patrick made. I totally want to do something like that as DF would never put that top hat on his head, ever, plus he loves baseball hats. Headbands don't stay put on my head & I'd rather a baseball hat myself to keep the sun off my head and out of my eyes & ensure a great hair day

You and me both! :thumbsup2 Although the headband is much more girly and pretty on me than the hat, which makes me look like a big dork... a big dork who's eating free desserts! :lmao:

I came out of "lurk-dom" to tell you that my pics were taken in 2002 at MK photoshoot and we were getting ready to hang them in our new house last week-lo and behold, I notice my DH's arm was photoshopped!!! He has no arm and I never noticed in 5 years! OOPS! (Of course, my Mom has a copy and I told her and she said "Oh yeah, we laugh about that everytime we walk by the picture~") ***? Anyway, I contacted Disney Photo and they offered to fix the pics and even gave me their fedex number to send them back...I haven't read all the posts after the above one to see what happened, but I am sure they can do something!
Just thought I'd share.//;)

O...M...G...!! I can't believe that - HIGH-larious! :rotfl: OK, apparently I have nothing to complain about - at least all our limbs were intact! Would you consider posting the picture here? I'd love to see it! ;)

Carrie, your wedding looked fabulous!

Hey, thanks! :goodvibes

OK, everybody, I'm sorry... I've been putting off writing the next part of my trippie because it's about the MK photo shoot and I don't want to get all worked up again writing about it.... maybe I should skip to Honeymoon, Day 3.... :confused3

I've been agonizing over this.... I don't want to share the link with anybody yet because we've been trying to work with Disney to get them fixed. And I don't want to write about the MK Shoot experience yet because the whole thing has been ruined by how awful our pictures are.

The problems aren't just a matter of taste - the photographer actually Photoshopped in random lines and bleached out parts of one photo in an attempt to "help" etc... ks... :sad1:

Wow Carrie, I'm so sorry MK photo shoot turned out poorly -- esp since you have to get up so EARLY for it!!! UGH.

I would actually like to offer up a delicate word of warning to future brides regarding photography.

MK photo shoot --
we actually love our MK photo shoot photos -- even though they look almost like everybody elses! Luckily we made some suggestions (pirate shot, tiki, etc) that our guy went for. (and it is cool to be in the park before it opens.)

But I wonder if Disney photogrpahy isn't really the best -- It's kind of like they are one trick ponies. (although maybe that's not fair -- I don't know all the disney photog's work)

ceremony --
we loved the after ceremony portraits our Disney photogs did... they were pretty traditional but they managed to make me not look so old and fat in some shots, so YAY!

021073-0158.jpg

reception --
being gentle now, a little disappointed by still shot coverage of the reception. wish there was MORE shots. (those two digital cameras should have been firing away.) wish it was more active -- more photojournalistic style. i mean who wants pictures of people in the food line??! luckily DH had his camera there and that helped flesh out the coverage. but we did LOVE our disney photog's personality though -- super nice and fun to share the day with!

DSCF9240.jpg

videography --
AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually have never even watched it because DH told me not to. DH literally had to TURN OFF the video because he was so angry at how poorly it was shot. Especially the reception. He wanted to call and get the guy fired!

(guess we'll just have to do a disney vow renewal and hire a better videographer.)

in summary --
we went with disney photog/videography just because 1) it seemed simpler AND mainly 2) because it counted towards the minimum. (my goal was to meet the minimum and not pay a dime more!)

but we REALLY REGRET It now, because our Once In A Lifetime Day was so poorly documented esp. by the videographer.

Do your research, girls (and boys) and spend the money -- then you won't be sorry!

021073-0706.jpg

:)

Let's just pretend that you slept in on Day 2 and had a vivid dream about an MK photo shoot, but the details are too fuzzy to remember now, and then you woke up!

We wanna hear about the free desserts and see more pictures! I say start at Day 2.5 or Day 3. No need stressing yourself! :goodvibes

Carrie,

Just wondering how your photo guestbook worked out?? Did people write in it? Did the pens smudge? I'm in the process of making mine and have been eagerly waiting to hear how yours worked out??

.... maybe I should skip to Honeymoon, Day 3.... :confused3
Please do! We don't want you to have to relive the MK horror, but would love to hear about the rest of your honeymoon!

I'm glad you liked the DVC studios. We think they're fabulous! Although we don't want the secret to get out, right? Paying less than a moderate for a deluxe resort? :banana:

Please do! We don't want you to have to relive the MK horror, but would love to hear about the rest of your honeymoon!

I'm glad you liked the DVC studios. We think they're fabulous! Although we don't want the secret to get out, right? Paying less than a moderate for a deluxe resort? :banana:

Hate to burst your bubble, :) but renting DVC points is not a secret. The Unofficial WDW guide book mentions it, as do several others, including an ebook by an-ex cast member, who says it's the best way to save money at WDW.

I know a couple of owners who actually have websites and are very professional about it. This is one of those "flame" threads over at DVC boards, people are very pro or anti renting.

Only problem is DVC is trying to stop the "professional" renters(20+ reservations a year trigger a letter sent to the owner). It's even addressed in the new DVC planner this year.

This surprises me as it's very easy and rather hassel free to rent my Starwood ski week in Avon/Beaver Creek CO. I prefer to use my points, as I find it PITA to rent points, much easier to do a yearly transfer to another member who needs more.

:bored: come onnnnn! post more.. just skip that part of day two! we want to hear more about the free desserts!!

OK, everybody, I'm sorry... I've been putting off writing the next part of my trippie because it's about the MK photo shoot and I don't want to get all worked up again writing about it.... maybe I should skip to Honeymoon, Day 3.... :confused3

Pretend that you're on the set of a TV show - like Dallas - and it was all a horrible dream sequence and the nasty photo shoot never happened!:thumbsup2

I do that a lot with my life.... :rolleyes1 Don't want to write that story - no problem, I'm just experiencing a bad dream sequence.

Don't want to write that tuition check - no problem!

Don't want to clean up the dog puke - no problem.

Don't want --- well, you get the idea..... :rotfl:

;)

Hate to burst your bubble, :) but renting DVC points is not a secret. The Unofficial WDW guide book mentions it, as do several others, including an ebook by an-ex cast member, who says it's the best way to save money at WDW.
Of course it's not. :) But I do think that many people overlook the studios as renters. They're not a great option for a family, because they (mostly) sleep 4, and there's only one bed at some of the resorts.

Renting points for exactly what you want from someone here is different than the rentals I've seen on ebay or elsewhere online. I don't like the idea of "professional" renters, although I'm not sure why it should bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter