• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

M&M Tube Label....pressed pennies

The Pressed Penny books are 6.95 and they hold 48+ Pennies and 9 pressed quarters.
If i can figure out how to post a picyure i will soon.
The books come in lots of different styles. I have seen Sorcerer Mickey and Tinkerbell that i remember. Hope this helps:)
Lisa

That is not to bad, thanks for the info, my kids will love those for there pennies.

I don't have my cardstock yet (I really need to get some) and I am concerned about trimming down the excess cardstock so I can attach the "Pressed Penny Money" label to the M&M tube (need to buy those, too). How do you do this? I am not the best w/ scissors and I don't have a paper cutter. DO you go to an Office Place and use their paper cutter?

I didn't use cardstock on my tubes. And, I just cut along the edge of the disign. Mine were not perfectly straight. I covered them with extra wide packing tape. You can see my pics at the top of this page in a previous post.

I don't have my cardstock yet (I really need to get some) and I am concerned about trimming down the excess cardstock so I can attach the "Pressed Penny Money" label to the M&M tube (need to buy those, too). How do you do this? I am not the best w/ scissors and I don't have a paper cutter. DO you go to an Office Place and use their paper cutter?

I used the HP presentation paper matte finish for ours. It was on sale buy 1 get 1 free. I believe the light cardstock maybe cheaper. I had bought a pack of 50 at Jo Ann's for $3 and used a coupon. That would work too. I am not the best at cutting either. I used my sharp scissors and cut on the line. Once you get it one the tube you can't tell. At least I couldn't with mine. I'll post more photos soon. I made both the mini and large size ones. I believe I was able to fit 4 large wrappers on one sheet of paper.

Where @ Joanns would the cardstock be? I've been there twice in the past month or so looking for iron ons (could **not** find any Disney Princess ones) and I will go again one more time to try to find light cardstock for wrapping around the M&M containers for Pressed Penny money. I don't want to spend 20 minutes wandering around the store, though.

I'm also making a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up plain t-shirts (for the star wars lego designs that amy MICKEY did for me for my nephews, the Belle and Meeko ones for me and a hat for the Belle applique I finally bought online) so if they carry it.......I can get it there.

It was where all the scrapbooking stuff is in my store. Mine was a pack of 50. They come in a variety of colors. Hope that helps.

Is this what you had in mind?

Tinkerbell.jpg

Stitch-1.jpg

These are awesome! I looked at your autograph book and if I started now, maybe I could have one ready in a year ro two!:rotfl2: They are so wonderful - i just don't have any words:love: them

This thread is totally awesome! I am overwhelmed by the creativeness and the generosity of you guys! You are so willing to help everyone and give of you very numerous talents. :grouphug:

Natalie ~ I am amazed at how creative someone can be!! THANK YOU for all your generosity.

I love the cruise laundry money tube ~ is it possible for it to say Disney Magic 6/13-20/09. These would make great fish extender gifts.

Deb

how do you wrap the paper around the tube and not have it overlap? I tried an image I had test printed, and wrapped it around a regular size tube (cause I don't have Mega Tubes yet) and it overlaps that one......I am assuming it wouldn't overlap a mega tube? still not sure if I'm doing this for anyone else.......right now its just for me (I have three reg.size tubes filled with quarters: two of them are full, one is about half full). How much more would a mega tube hold?

Do you just take the money through security in the tubes or in a ziploc? I don't want to lose all my quarters and pennies (I've got tons) in security line. Still need to clean the pennies, too......

edit @ 8:52 PM Central to say.......

How do you fit three on a page (trying to set this up in Word) and resize them so they would fit on the mega tubes? Right now I can barely manage to get 2 on a page (Belle & HSM ones and then a Jedi Mickey goes on the next page, can't fit it on the 1st page). I resized them to something like 4x6 or 5x5 and they are TOO big......... So how do I do this? I need some help!

Is this what you had in mind?

Tinkerbell.jpg

Stitch-1.jpg

Is is possible to get the Stitch one to say Pressed Pennies and I would like it to fit on the top of an altoids mints box so that i could put the pennies i have already done somewhere till i get back to the room.
Man I wish is could figure out how to do this stuff!:worship:
It is Awesome.
Thanks!
Lisa:yay:

Tigger822 -- that's a good idea! (The altoids mints box). I have a Jelly Belly Jelly Beans tin that I can use.

Natalie: if you see this and have time BEFORE May 8th, make one that says "Pressed Pennies" and have Belle on it? I am using Belle for my Pressed Penny Money M&M tube so I'd like Belle for a label that says "Pressed Pennies".

Thanks!

I think my little tin is probably about the same size of an Altoids Mints box.

I can't get these to fit the little tubes. Even when I download the ones that were resized to fit the smaller tubes, they are still gigantic. How do I do this? I LOVE this idea and thank you SO much for sharing your wonderful designs!

Edited - I figured out how to resize - thank you so much for sharing your designs!

HELP!!!!! I could only find the smaller tubes. Do you have designs for them? I tried to shrink it down but had no luck. Thanks for all your help. your desings are amazing!!!

HELP!!!!! I could only find the smaller tubes. Do you have designs for them? I tried to shrink it down but had no luck. Thanks for all your help. your desings are amazing!!!

If you have a CVS pharmacy, you might be able to find the Mega Tubes.

Otherwise.......

http://mms.com/us/about/wheretobuy/

Select M&M Minis, select MEGA TUBE and then type in your ZIP Code and select within how many miles (5, 10, 15 or Greater than 15 Miles). Hope that helps. :)

I finally found some of the mega tubes. I was at Party City (DS's b-day is coming up) and my DD4 was looking inside a giant M&M. I couldn't believe it, but she actually found the mega M&M tubes. I've been looking everywhere, and my nosy 4 yr old finds them. :rotfl2: I bought 6 :thumbsup2

Bump.... hope Natalie checks in!!!

Me, too! I want to see if she can make that "Pressed Pennies" label for my jelly bellies tin.....cause I leave in a week AND I won't be able to access the internet after late evening next Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter