• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

Has anyone EVER seen a "Birthday" band show up on MDE. I'd be happy if I could just get that one and be done. But am I wasting my time?

Has anyone EVER seen a "Birthday" band show up on MDE. I'd be happy if I could just get that one and be done. But am I wasting my time?
I’ve seen it appear as an option, but only rarely, and not for the last couple of weeks (though I only check a couple of times a day). Good luck!

This is why I am ordering plain bands and decals again. I am not going to stress myself out about stalking the site, just to give them more of my money. I’ll help a small business on Etsy instead and have lots of great choices... and spend less anyway.

This is why I am ordering plain bands and decals again. I am not going to stress myself out about stalking the site, just to give them more of my money. I’ll help a small business on Etsy instead and have lots of great choices... and spend less anyway.
I think I'm resigning this fact also!

Grrrr
So literally I have been refreshing the magic band selections every MINUTE because I have a theory

The band I wanted appeared
And within 30seconds of it appearing it has supposedly sold out?!

Any one else have similar issues and frustration?

I'm sooooo annoyed.
How does it literally disappear after 30seconds of being available. Do they put 2 in the inventory?!

I was told by multiple cast members when I called to ask about this that if they expect to get it back into inventory, they will continue to post it as a choice and you just have to be lucky enough to catch it when it's in stock. I gave up and ordered a solid one and bought the one I wanted through ShopDisney (funny that it showed out of stock at the discounted price, but there were plenty available at full price.....)

This whole process has really soured my opinion of Disney. I can't even order anything... in stock or not. I have tried every option available... NOTHING. I get an error at check out. I've phoned and emailed... no help at all. I've given up. I'll keep my money.

This whole process has really soured my opinion of Disney. I can't even order anything... in stock or not. I have tried every option available... NOTHING. I get an error at check out. I've phoned and emailed... no help at all. I've given up. I'll keep my money.

I think they stopped responding to my emails coz I argued too much 🤣

Someone else posted a great idea in another MagicBand frustration thread. Give out vouchers for $10 for use anywhere, ShopDisney or Brick N'Mortar stores.

Hooking those bands to MDE is simple, but I'm not sure if the online reservation process allows you to go in and say "I don't need a band , I have [this] one" to effectively
complete the Band Order check mark for your reservation.

Anyway- 68 more days of Band shopping to go -

At least we have Oga's and Savi's waiting for December, and our bonus of Rise opening just prior to our arrival.

I have been trying for the SWGE for awhile now. It shows up frequently on the site, but unavailable when I go to check out. I guess it just isn't in the cards for me. Oh well. More money to spend at Oga's.

If I weren’t so frustrated with this, it might be kind of funny. I check several times a day for the MB my DD wants, and every time it shows up, it’s unavailable. I have given up entirely on the hope that the MB I want will be available at the same time the one DD wants is available. I’m still trying to figure out how Disney does it. It’s like they only make a few available at a time, and you have to be lucky enough to get it when it first appears...kind of like trying to get a dining reservation with the Touring Plans finder. :rolleyes2

If I weren’t so frustrated with this, it might be kind of funny. I check several times a day for the MB my DD wants, and every time it shows up, it’s unavailable. I have given up entirely on the hope that the MB I want will be available at the same time the one DD wants is available. I’m still trying to figure out how Disney does it. It’s like they only make a few available at a time, and you have to be lucky enough to get it when it first appears...kind of like trying to get a dining reservation with the Touring Plans finder. :rolleyes2
From my (admittedly, incessant) refreshing, they seem to be on a loop.....and rotate through that loop pretty consistently most days. I haven't seen *too* many variations at the refresh time over the past 3 weeks..... i'm sure Disney probably wants to block me from refreshing so much

This morning I got as far as "checking out" and was waiting for it to charge me card when I got the dreaded "out of stock" message. I don't have much longer before I will have to make a final choice and go with a solid one. I would love to have a Belle one, or the Disney snacks one but will settle for the Lion King band that shows up everyday but is NEVER in stock!

Well, I see two small variations this morning: a Moana band (had not see that one) and Donald Duck, which I had seen before but it's been awhile.

Well, I see two small variations this morning: a Moana band (had not see that one) and Donald Duck, which I had seen before but it's been awhile.

I saw those two and almost went for the Moana one. I wonder if people are getting the same "out of stock" for that band too.

I'm also so frustrated by this! I've been trying to get a Spaceship Earth upgraded band for months. I keep reminding myself that it's only $15 more to buy it full price, I'm not sure why I don't do that and save myself months of frustration? $15 is a drop in the bucket when you look at the total cost of my trip.

I'm also so frustrated by this! I've been trying to get a Spaceship Earth upgraded band for months. I keep reminding myself that it's only $15 more to buy it full price, I'm not sure why I don't do that and save myself months of frustration? $15 is a drop in the bucket when you look at the total cost of my trip.
I think it's just the incompetency on the part of Disney that is frustrating. This is not the kind of treatment and service one would expect when you are paying so much for a vacation. There are very few perks of paying so much to stay on property anymore. If this is something they are offering, then IT SHOULD WORK. Don't offer this option if it's not going to work. Why frustrate and anger your customers. It's not about the price at all. I'm sure we all can afford $15. It worries me that this is Disney's new trend.

I think it's just the incompetency on the part of Disney that is frustrating. This is not the kind of treatment and service one would expect when you are paying so much for a vacation. There are very few perks of paying so much to stay on property anymore. If this is something they are offering, then IT SHOULD WORK. Don't offer this option if it's not going to work. Why frustrate and anger your customers. It's not about the price at all. I'm sure we all can afford $15. It worries me that this is Disney's new trend.
Great point! This is not what I expect from Disney at all and that is what's really frustrating me. It's not about the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter