• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

On Sunday my Dad who is trying for one magic band tried every single option for an upgraded one and the transaction would not go through. It was not his credit card, he called Disney and they said "I guess you are just not quick enough"

I'm not sure why I don't do that and save myself months of frustration? $15 is a drop in the bucket when you look at the total cost of my trip.
Bingo my thoughts too. This shows the complete lack of customer service that we all like to think Disney is known for, or well was known for. Then again how in the world does the supply managment team still have a job when they can't keep something as simple as this in stock. I won't even go off on how often they run out of basic cheap Chinese made Tiki mugs in stock at Trader Sam's in Orlando but they do just fine in Disneyland. Go figure.

On Sunday my Dad who is trying for one magic band tried every single option for an upgraded one and the transaction would not go through. It was not his credit card, he called Disney and they said "I guess you are just not quick enough"
I wish I could say I'm shocked, but sadly not so much anymore. Sorry he got a rude CM though.

I've had nothing but frustration with it, so totally gave up after many tries. Thankfully the ones DW and I wanted were available through the online Disney store, so it makes no sense why it doesn't work at all. Even worse, if it's truly out of stock, why not update the website and take it off?

Well, I see two small variations this morning: a Moana band (had not see that one) and Donald Duck, which I had seen before but it's been awhile.
Yes been about a week since Donald had been in there
Haven't seen Moana yet, but I'm in a different timezone so I was probably sleeping

Still being advertised at 2:54PM!!

And those Captain Marvel ones...do they *ever* go away. I'm so sick of looking at those two characters.
I'm pretty annoyed at seeing her face too, lol, and captain America!

I was able to actually purchase Donald this morning. DH wanted the DVC but who knows if that will ever come back in stock. Donald was his second choice and if it came back in stock he wanted it. I was surprised the purchase went through

I was able to actually purchase Donald this morning. DH wanted the DVC but who knows if that will ever come back in stock. Donald was his second choice and if it came back in stock he wanted it. I was surprised the purchase went through
I feel like the "out of stock" issue occurs more frequently on the LR bands... I could be wrong though 🤷‍♀️

Well at least you can see choices. I get an error message saying magic band options may not be available. So can't even look at options for DH's AP band. Been trying to get pirates one for months and months and months

Well at least you can see choices. I get an error message saying magic band options may not be available. So can't even look at options for DH's AP band. Been trying to get pirates one for months and months and months
Have you tried an incognito window, or even the DuckDuckGo browser?

I saw the Donald which is what I want to get for DH, but my Daisy one wasn't available. Can you just purchase one? Do they send that, or keep it until you buy the magic band for the other person in your group. I don't want just one to come in the mail! I want the mailing to have both bands for the big reveal!!!

No you can’t get just one. You have to choose either a plain or paid option for everyone to complete the transaction. I chose a plain one for myself with Donald for DH. We have 2 trips coming up so two weeks ago I was able to get my choice and a plain one for DH. Now I did the opposite for him. The order ships fast and I received my first order in less than a week. Once you made your choice and complete the transaction with at least one paid option you cannot even view the available options unless you have another trip you can order for. If you only choose plain options you can continue viewing and changing colors.

Have you tried an incognito window, or even the DuckDuckGo browser?
That did work to get to see options. Still not seeing much variety though. Guess I'll keep trying. I was able to get my AP band about a month ago after trying since this offer started.

Haunted Mansion is still unavailable, but just now the band with Jack and Sally (which I hadn’t seen before) was an option. I went with that instead. Hopefully DD will be happy. She’s in school right now. I was afraid if I waited until after school, it would be not available or not show up an option.

Haunted Mansion is still unavailable, but just now the band with Jack and Sally (which I hadn’t seen before) was an option. I went with that instead. Hopefully DD will be happy. She’s in school right now. I was afraid if I waited until after school, it would be not available or not show up an option.

Yeah, Jack and Sally have been on again/off again all day. I saw Haunted Mansion earlier and a few days ago.

Yeah, Jack and Sally have been on again/off again all day. I saw Haunted Mansion earlier and a few days ago.
OOo, they are both showing at the same time now. Not sure they are both actually "available" though, ha!

What’s the premium upgrade?
With all Disney hotel resort reservations you get a complimentary solid magic band.
You can also choose to "upgrade" to a premium band for a discount price compared to buying it in store

But there are so many frustrations around this, like that they show on the selection page, but when you go to check out they are unavailable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter