Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

Either they have a ton of 2019 magic bands or no one wants them because they aren't going in 2019 lol

This is genius on Disney's part. We make 2 or 3 trips a year and I normally decline magic bands. You can't do that anymore except through the resort check-in. I tried but kept getting error messages and then read reports here that "declined" magic bands (in gray) were either being shipped or waiting at the resort. I don't need any more gray bands, so I started looking at the upgrades and kept getting out of stock messages every time. At some point it became a snowball rolling downhill - I was going to get an upgraded magic band. Finally, I was able to get a Pluto one for my husband and the only other one available - a cute, pink 2019 food and wine festival Chef Mickey band for around $30. They were shipped the following day and the band that came is a purple one with Figment - nothing like the one shown online. I know it's all my fault, but Disney's incompetence just made them an easy $40.
How is it your fault if they sent you the wrong band? Complain and get your money back. I wonder if they sent everyone who ordered the Dooney & Bourke band the Figment one.

How is it your fault if they sent you the wrong band? Complain and get your money back. I wonder if they sent everyone who ordered the Dooney & Bourke band the Figment one.
I nearly got that band. So glad I couldn’t pull the trigger. Terrible customer service.

No, I just meant it was my fault for ordering the bands in the first place instead of declining them. I honestly don't care enough to complain and get my money back.

I've been trying for weeks and an hour ago managed to check out. A few options I hadn't seen before popped up as well!

Which ones hadn't you seen before. I'm curios if anything new was added. I quickly jumped and picked castle to check out and I didn't see if anything else was there since that was the first band I saw on the app that I really wanted. I'm gonna be so mad if chip n dale was finally added and I missed out on them lol.

They were shipped the following day and the band that came is a purple one with Figment - nothing like the one shown online. I know it's all my fault, but Disney's incompetence just made them an easy $40.
This has happened to others, I hope people are reporting it. People should be receiving what is shown on the site, not something else.
I'd be asking for my money back

I had heard that they reload the selections at 11 am Eastern Time. From my experience, that seems to be correct as I have tried at 10:58 and then again at 11:02 and had different selections.

I was never able to get all the bands we wanted at once. I would find one for myself and one for my husband but the one my son wanted wasn’t there or vice versa. I finally gave up and just ordered special ones for my son and I and a solid red one for my husband and then ordered the spaceship earth one off of Shop Disney for full price...

Has anyone seen Thumper or Dumbo recently? I don't want to keep waiting in case they never show up lol

I got thumper two weeks ago as my 4th choice. I was hoping for Belle, Ariel or the snacks one! I’m just going to buy them when I get there.

I'm also so frustrated by this! I've been trying to get a Spaceship Earth upgraded band for months. I keep reminding myself that it's only $15 more to buy it full price, I'm not sure why I don't do that and save myself months of frustration? $15 is a drop in the bucket when you look at the total cost of my trip.

I ended up doing exactly that. But I got some Disney Visa discount code so I got it for $20.

I tried all day today and it looked like the one band I wanted was in stock all day since other ones would come and go, but Thanos showed up every time I refreshed. I get as far as the checkout screen, put in my CC info, all I get is “We are unable to complete your request” with another message underneath stating “We encountered an error, please try again later”. I’m used to receiving an “Out of Stock” error message at the first or second (payment) stage. Is anyone else having this same issue?

Got as far as check out. Then they say unable to complete request. Try again later. Trying again doesn’t work. Any work around?
I got the exact same message all day today no matter what bands I selected. I wish they error message was more descriptive than that. I don’t know if something is wrong with my account, because previously I would get “out of stock” messages and the band I selected would get cleared from my cart/guest I picked it for. I keep getting the error message at checkout but the band is still in my cart, so I don’t think it’s an out of stock issue. Any ideas?

I wonder if they sent everyone who ordered the Dooney & Bourke band the Figment one.
I ordered the pink Chef Minnie F&W Monday and received the purple Figment today also, so seems like this may be the case. I like it well enough, but would never have paid $30 for it! Anyone know how to contact them about this?

I ordered the pink Chef Minnie F&W Monday and received the purple Figment today also, so seems like this may be the case. I like it well enough, but would never have paid $30 for it! Anyone know how to contact them about this?
I would just call the default disney world support.

Call them, but they may want photos maybe? Who knows.
At least if you call you can be directed to the right place to go

Same thing happened to me getting the figment food and wine. I called the shop Disney number, but an escalation takes 3-5 business days. Im asking for my money back or will submit a charge back on my credit card. I also called the MDE people and had them reset my account so I could at least get a plain color band sent to the resort.

All of the issues everyone is having are why I went with decals! They just came in the mail yesterday and they are adorable! And we all got our first choice!

View attachment 435621

I just ordered some "skins" from MagicYourBand as I got fed up. I can't wait to see them.

I got a "I'm Only Here for the Dole Whip" for my son's friend (who is only going for the Dole Whip), I got a monorail one for me because the monorail is iconic to me (blew my mind in 1976!!), I got "First Visit" ones for the 4 and 3 year olds, and I got my aunt a "Happy Birthday" one since her 78th birthday will be our arrival day.

Originally, I was going to decline MBs, but given the issues with declining them, I decided to try to order the upgraded ones. We are a party of 4 and my goals were lofty at the beginning - to get 4 upgraded bands! That quickly adjusted to, "ok, I'll try to get *2* upgraded magic bands - just for the kids." I finally settled yesterday for just ordering the Castle one for my DD and the rest of us getting plain ones. I ordered some decals, which is what I have done in the past. The decals are cheaper than the $10 MBs on WDW's site. All in all, I am pleased that I can stop looking over this silly MB site.

I have a question about magicbands in general. Do they not send luggage tags with the magicbands anymore. I have a trip in a couple of weeks and got my magicband today, the plain one not an upgraded one, and there was no luggage tag included. On my last two trips in September of 18 and October of 17 we got a luggage tag for each band. No big deal, Im just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter