Magic Bands - contactless?

Finger cots are perfect for PIN entering.....I have like literally close to 1,000 of them on hand and will be using them when we go in Oct.
Don’t forget Q tips work too!

Finger cots are perfect for PIN entering.....I have like literally close to 1,000 of them on hand and will be using them when we go in Oct.
Isn't it a bigger PITB to find the finger cot, put it on, tap in your PIN, take it off and throw it away than to just give yourself a squirt of antibacterial gel when you're done? That's what I do when I have to touch a screen or keypad at the grocery store.

Heck, I'd just be happy if they had gel stations situated near the points of sale. Plug your pin in, sanitize, and you're good to go.
I was really disappointed in the stations in March. We almost did not go but they kept talking about all the hand sanitizer stations.... everytime i tried one in a walkway they were empty. The ones at the entry were always full.

I was really disappointed in the stations in March. We almost did not go but they kept talking about all the hand sanitizer stations.... everytime i tried one in a walkway they were empty. The ones at the entry were always full.
I would think that upon reopening they'll be a lot more diligent about keeping all sanitizer stations filled...or at least I hope they will be. I still will carry my own hand sanitizer to use whenever I feel the need.

Isn't it a bigger PITB to find the finger cot, put it on, tap in your PIN, take it off and throw it away than to just give yourself a squirt of antibacterial gel when you're done? That's what I do when I have to touch a screen or keypad at the grocery store.

Yes, if you have it handy...i try to save the gel for before and after meals if at all possible...still almost impossible to find any locally...

So what are the options for payment that Disney is going to allow? I’ve just read through a whole bunch of threads on holds if using the magic band and that sounds like a pain. We have 1 cc we use for our trips. It doesn’t have a super high limit so the holds could be problematic.

Interesting! I'm hoping that its further integration with the Disney app that would allow you to use your iPhone instead of a MB for tickets, FP, purchases, etc.

I have been hoping for a long time that they would integrate the entire thing with smart watches. Don't get me wrong - I love my magic band, but I hate having to wear both my Apple Watch AND my MB. I usually have to wear my MB on my off-wrist since I am uncomfortable having both on the same wrist. If they would integrate them, I could ditch the MB and just use my watch for room entrance, park tickets, charging benefits, etc - I would be happy as a peach.

Yes, if you have it handy...i try to save the gel for before and after meals if at all possible...still almost impossible to find any locally...
Still? I have been able to find larger containers recently and I refill my smaller ones. I’ve also seen a variety of gels available online at Bath and Body Works just about every morning.

Still? I have been able to find larger containers recently and I refill my smaller ones. I’ve also seen a variety of gels available online at Bath and Body Works just about every morning.

Yes, still......I'm in Dallas....and it's super hard to find.....and yes, I also use my larger bottles to refill my smaller ones....but I'm finally on the last 1/4 of my last large bottle (I ALWAYS keep multiple refill bottles at home and at work....even before this Covid situation)....

I've not checked B&B Works.....not one of my places, tbh, so I'll check that out, thanks for the info...

Yes, still......I'm in Dallas....and it's super hard to find.....and yes, I also use my larger bottles to refill my smaller ones....but I'm finally on the last 1/4 of my last large bottle (I ALWAYS keep multiple refill bottles at home and at work....even before this Covid situation)....

I've not checked B&B Works.....not one of my places, tbh, so I'll check that out, thanks for the info...
@Gypsybear here is a link directly to the hand sanitizer page:
https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/hand-soaps/all-hand-sanitizers

So what are the options for payment that Disney is going to allow? I’ve just read through a whole bunch of threads on holds if using the magic band and that sounds like a pain. We have 1 cc we use for our trips. It doesn’t have a super high limit so the holds could be problematic.

As of right now Disney is accepting all forms of payment.

Last year. Disney either charge or did a hold on my credit card each night. Like it’s just automatically happen at 3 AM

for me too in Maryland. However, as of yesterday I started to see some float on the shelves of Walgreens. So hopefully you will see them too.

Don’t forget Q tips work too!

Were in WDW March 12-13 and touching the pin pad was super annoying (given the world was changing with every passing moment). I wish I'd thought of this! I did use a napkin or wipe to enter the PIN (as well as the soda machine at the hotel) but it would have been nice not to have to enter the PIN each time (and we were at the Flower/Garden Fest and sampling, so making a lot of purchases).

Sanitize a magicband? What is being done with a band that’s causing transmission?

In March I took my band off each time we got back to the hotel and wiped it down along with my phone, glasses, etc. There were NOT easily accessible hand sanitizing stations at that time so I found myself having to use my own gel in my cross body bag. I tried very hard not to go into my bag very often but I knew there were times I was touching things more often than I wanted. I had Rx sunglasses and kept switching from regular glasses to my sunglasses as we entered/left rides so I just felt like it was smart to wipe things down as often as possible. (Plus when you are grabbing a ride railing it could be resting on a high touch area.)

I realize some of this may be overkill, but at that time things were changing rapidly and it seems like info about transmission continues to get said/retracted/revised.

Same! I was surprised how sparse they were. Obviously that will have to be changed now, but it was no where what we expected and disappointing.

I am in Texas.. most things are open now and we took our kids out go carting the instructions said hand sanitize before and after. No one but us did it.
Now im reading about SeaWorld and they are having similar issues today. If you believe in it or not whats wrong with following directions.
Even before all of this we try and teach our children to stop touching everything ,wash hands and sanitize your hands when you cant wash. Our son had cancer so switching to samsung/ google pay was easy. I really did not like touching thise gross machines anyways there is no telling when they gets cleaned. I watch people and there children walk right out of bathrooms with out washing its gross.

where are you living? Here in Maryland, masks are still required in any public area, gatherings above 10 are still banned, and many stores you have to wait outside since they only let in a few at a time. Gyms, restaurants, etc are closed.

i.e. the regulations are still in full effect here. The only thing that’s let up is that businesses are allowed to open- as long as they follow the guidelines.

St Louis area. you may see 1 mask on 20 people. Some stores say the "require" it...but people here are living their lives, not giving into the media driven fear mongering.

I wont say more....the mods are pretty quick to **** down any opinion that doesn't follow the given agenda or narrative,

St Louis area. you may see 1 mask on 20 people. Some stores say the "require" it...but people here are living their lives, not giving into the media driven fear mongering.

I wont say more....the mods are pretty quick to **** down any opinion that doesn't follow the given agenda or narrative,

I'm not familiar with Missouri but I know in my state (NC) we just can't make any headway. Hospitalizations are still setting daily records so it's not just "increased testing" that's causing numbers to go up. I know where I live (suburbs) nearly everyone on our street has a job that allows them to work from home. Obviously anecdotal, but our numbers aren't subsiding and that includes a LARGE part of the population that is NOT going out or doing the "normal" things that would increase potential spread. Our state is not fully open (no bars or gyms, only 50% capacity at anything indoor). I go to our state HHS website to look at their numbers and stats, so it's not "media driven".

My 92 yo mother cannot see her family, so it would be great if everyone cared enough to work safely toward low infection and hospitalization rates that would allow us to return to some sense of normalcy, including those at risk. I completely agree that elderly and at-risk people must protect themselves, but I'm also not a jerk that thinks they should have to do that longer than necessary because people are ok with the current infection rates and don't want to wear masks or practice safe behavior.

I really hate using my MB just cause of the way it comes off your card you have on file.
This is a big issue for us. Coming from the UK charging our credit card would incur extra foreign transaction fees on top of Disney's hefty prices. We always pay cash, which is a dirty word nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter