Magic Bands

I know they also have been giving bracelets for the pool. Seems like a lot for the wrists! haha

It depends. Some guests use them, and some guests aren't able to use them. I took our magic bands for our stay last week, but when I asked the CM about them when I checked in, I was told that some guests were able to use their magic bands but it interfered with their room keys. So I just didn't even attempt it.

I checked on MDE app that my magic bands were active prior to check in. Used them for door, at towel stand to to get pool wristband (they had a device similar to disney world entrance) and in place of room key to charge to room on devices at stores and restaurants that let you tap in. It was handy to just have the wristband at the pools and lazy river.

I just got home yesterday and was able to use my Magic Band to unlock my door, get towels, and make purchases at locations with cash registers (stores, Ulu Cafe). Some cast members knew exactly what they were, others were surprised and had never seen them before. Either way, my magic band worked seamlessly. You will still need to use your room key to charge to your room when ordering poolside service or at sit down restaurants.

I just got home yesterday and was able to use my Magic Band to unlock my door, get towels, and make purchases at locations with cash registers (stores, Ulu Cafe). Some cast members knew exactly what they were, others were surprised and had never seen them before. Either way, my magic band worked seamlessly. You will still need to use your room key to charge to your room when ordering poolside service or at sit down restaurants.
How did you activated your magic band? MDE cannot locate our Aulani reservation when we input reservation info.

How did you activated your magic band? MDE cannot locate our Aulani reservation when we input reservation info.
MDE didn't locate my Aulani reservation either. I use the same email/account to log in to all my Disney accounts, including the Aulani app, and everything somehow worked. I did make sure my magic band was active in my MDE account before I left.

Edit to add: My magic band was leftover from a 2019 WDW trip.

Our magic bands did not work this week also. They were still active on our disney account as of last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter