Magic Key Program

Now that the release day furor (and hopefully some of the hiccups) have passed, I would love any reports from people upgrading from partially-used tickets regarding the process and specifically what value was applied if you were updating from a ticket purchased at a discount through a third-party (e.g., does ticket bridging work for these). I know there were sources reporting that gift cards can't be used to pay for upgrades, so I'd love any firsthand accounts regarding that as well.
I bought direct for the multi day ticket and am paying with credit card so can’t help you with those. I went through it yesterday. The interface on the app was very intuitive when it worked, but there were a lot of bugs I had to navigate. The two main ones were it wouldn’t process the order (this is probably due to demand) and the pass holder info section. It won’t let you proceed unless you fill in all the info. Also, they will have some info pre filled, you still have to go into that section “edit” the info, and save out of it to proceed.

Is there any way to convert a 2-day ticket BEFORE going to the parks, or do I have to activate the ticket and then upgrade?

Does anyone have thoughts/actual knowledge on how parking at the M&Fs structure will work with the new Dream Key? That is, will I simply have them scan the DK UPC/QR on my phone to get in (since parking is included at that level)?

Ok got into the park at 8am, went to city hall and walked out 15 min later a Key holder. Upgrade was very easy and they have fixed the glutch that erases your park ressies. I updated and kept my virtual queue for rise and DCA on Sunday. PLEASE NOTE on the first page towards the middle is a place that defaults to out of state, click that to edit to CA resident to get the payment plan. You must do this BEFORE you choose your key type. If you dont you will have to start over. The 15 min above included starting over it was so easy after. Hope this helps. Jennifer at city hall was AWESOME SAUCE.

Does anyone have thoughts/actual knowledge on how parking at the M&Fs structure will work with the new Dream Key? That is, will I simply have them scan the DK UPC/QR on my phone to get in (since parking is included at that level)?
Yes, they will scan the barcode from your phone. I did in the past to park when I couldn’t easily get my wallet out of my bag.

Making your own cards with a barcode should be fine as long as it is scannable and your info pops up on their screens but, I do prefer just having a screenshot of it on my phone to have it easily accessible.

I do the same with most of my scannable barcodes, it's just easier to bring a photo vs. launching an app and praying you have good internet signal or something. The only time I get pushback is with Costco when I screenshot the membership card in the app, it pops up "Screenshot Not Valid: A screenshot of your membership card will not work" which makes no sense at all because it's the same barcode each time.

I hope so, because we want to go in November for 3 days, but right now we have a 2-day ticket for our daughter. I would hate to get there and our 3rd day not be open for a reservation.

Ok everyone, I figured it out. I figured out why it's officially called the Magic Key, not Annual Passport anymore.

Since most of us are US/Canadian (I also see you, UK, Ireland, France, etc...don't think I forgot you), having our national passport means pretty much being able to go anywhere, mmmmaybe minimal paperwork. Passport for many = a right to travel, the right to enter unimpeded.

Magic Key...no such connotation, because Disneyland can DEADBOLT THE DOOR and you can't get in, even with a key.

:::drops mic:::

Still calling it an AP

MK reservations for Disneyland look to be gone for Saturday 8/28 but available for single day guests. So this confirms that MKs have their own reservation bucket. Which makes it very easy for Disney to put a limit on the days they would rather have more single day guests than MKs, even though some MKs have the top of line Dream option. Nice play Disney.

MK reservations for Disneyland look to be gone for Saturday 8/28 but available for single day guests. So this confirms that MKs have their own reservation bucket. Which makes it very easy for Disney to put a limit on the days they would rather have more single day guests than MKs, even though some MKs have the top of line Dream option. Nice play Disney.
Interesting.... first Saturday was 'sold out' for MK, and then Sunday showed sold out, however now as of 6:45pm on 8/26, full weekend is open again when I check with my Dream Key, must of had guests cancelling or Disney moving around inventory:

Another thing to note about this weekend, I believe all keys except the SoCal only key have this weekend available, and its the first weekend after the release of the keys. I anticipate future saturdays when only the dream key is able to go, reservations would be easier to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter