Magic Key Program

Another thing to note about this weekend, I believe all keys except the SoCal only key have this weekend available, and its the first weekend after the release of the keys. I anticipate future saturdays when only the dream key is able to go, reservations would be easier to get.
I was going to comment about this earlier. The Enchant key doesn't see weekend blockouts until October and the Believe key doesn't have it's first Saturday blockouts until October as well.

Is there a way to access the theme park availability calendars that includes the MK when my MK pass has its maximum number of reservations pending?

I can’t book another until I either go to the parks or cancel one. But, I want to see current availability to decide if I want to cancel one & book a different day.

I go to Parks & Tickets, Ticket & Reservation Details, then View Current Availability, and all I see are the buckets for regular tickets and hotel guests; there are no Magic Key or Hotel buckets,

When I go thru Magic Key, Magic Key Pass Info, scroll down to How To Use and click the link in step 2 to visit Park Reservations page, it won’t let me view the MK availability calendars to see what is available because I’m at my max number of reservations possible for my pass.

The only way I can find to get to the MK availability calendar is using the link @DizMe posted (Thank You!) earlier in this thread, Wednesday morning while we were waiting for the queue to open.

Is there another way to get to it that I can’t seem to find? If so, what is the path? Thanks!

Is there a way to access the theme park availability calendars that includes the MK when my MK pass has its maximum number of reservations pending?

I can’t book another until I either go to the parks or cancel one. But, I want to see current availability to decide if I want to cancel one & book a different day.

I go to Parks & Tickets, Ticket & Reservation Details, then View Current Availability, and all I see are the buckets for regular tickets and hotel guests; there are no Magic Key or Hotel buckets,

When I go thru Magic Key, Magic Key Pass Info, scroll down to How To Use and click the link in step 2 to visit Park Reservations page, it won’t let me view the MK availability calendars to see what is available because I’m at my max number of reservations possible for my pass.

The only way I can find to get to the MK availability calendar is using the link @DizMe posted (Thank You!) earlier in this thread, Wednesday morning while we were waiting for the queue to open.

Is there another way to get to it that I can’t seem to find? If so, what is the path? Thanks!
In the app click into the magic key portal, then click benefits, then click on access calendar on any of the pass types.

In the app click into the magic key portal, then click benefits, then click on access calendar on any of the pass types.
Thanks, I had not looked there as thought it would only show blockout dates for each pass type, not also which days are currently available for reservations.

If Disney is increasing to near full capacity levels, it would make sense to not have many sold out reservation days (besides the days that are already blocked out based on pass tier level).

In the past Disney rarely limited admissions or closed ticket sales except for VERY busy weeks between Christmas and New Year, and maybe a random holiday weekend or start of new seasonal events/attraction opening.

Just putting things into perspective as it's hard to tell by reservation availability alone if park is busy or not, or if Magic Key program is 'successful'. Remember the good'ol days of AP's with park literally packed shoulder to shoulder grid lock. :earsboy:

Last edited:
Just checked and lines looking pretty short and you can still get a BG for Rise at 1230!

Tomorrow and Sunday will be the most telling as far as crowds go.

My brother will be there tomorrow, I'll report his findings -- and I'm sure a ton of DISboard folks will be there as well. It's going to be a fun weekend living vicariously through our fellow DLR guinea pigs!

Has anyone had any luck upgrading partially used tickets? My app says my ticket may be eligible for upgrade to a magic key, go to the ticket window for more info.
Just wanted to reply to this . We have the same problem . Likely due to or daughter having her own account and her adding a day to the ticket with her own card . My wife and I have the same exact tickets and have the upgrade button . Got through to Disney support and they ended up having to escalate this to IT. They tried re-linking ticket to our primary account with no luck . we hope IT can fix this for us . It could be a few weeks

Just an aside, is anybody else seeing the references to MK and thinking somewhat indignantly, "Magic Kingdom? It's DL, you WDW-side people!" and then going, "... oh. Magic Keys." :rotfl:

Springing new abbreviations on us oldtimers is disorienting. *pounds cane grumpily*

Parks have been dead all day today. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight. My guess is you have MK holders cancelling their dates and Disney realizing day guests are just not booking a reservation so they are adding more MK availability.

Just an aside, is anybody else seeing the references to MK and thinking somewhat indignantly, "Magic Kingdom? It's DL, you WDW-side people!" and then going, "... oh. Magic Keys." :rotfl:

Springing new abbreviations on us oldtimers is disorienting. *pounds cane grumpily*

WDW people are going to have a fun time if their APs will also be called Magic Keys.

we had great luck at the main booth with unused multi day upgrades, but she keep saying I am not suppose to do this

Just checked and lines looking pretty short and you can still get a BG for Rise at 1230!

Tomorrow and Sunday will be the most telling as far as crowds go.
I forgot it wasn't at 1, so I went on my phone at 1 and still got a boarding group. I had to leave early so i didn't get on it but it says it has 80 minutes left to go right now (5:55pm)

Just wanted to reply to this . We have the same problem . Likely due to or daughter having her own account and her adding a day to the ticket with her own card . My wife and I have the same exact tickets and have the upgrade button . Got through to Disney support and they ended up having to escalate this to IT. They tried re-linking ticket to our primary account with no luck . we hope IT can fix this for us . It could be a few weeks
Thank you. I’m on hold waiting for support now. My kids both have their own accounts but I’m the one who linked them to mine first. Hope they can fix it.

Ok, so, a couple of notes:

1. If you have a day reserved, it won't let you reserve that day again (which makes sense). But that means that since I have next Saturday, Sept. 4 reserved for a DCA start, it's just a slash on the calendar - if DL opens up to start, I can't see that, and I can't switch to it. Presumably I could use the calendar linked here, see DL open, cancel DCA, and book that, but that's a lot of steps and also a gamble. Just an interesting note. (Also, I can see confusion with people thinking days they're booked are sold out since they show up with a slash mark the same way - for a minute, I thought that Saturday was sold out because of the slash, but it's just because I booked it!)

2. Our Magic Keys disappeared from my account earlier, so it wouldn't let me make any reservations. But it showed me my existing reservations, which are linked to those passes! I had to go back and find the confirmation email and pull up the printable tickets to get the bar codes, re-link them, and then I could make new rezzies.

Also, our Magic Key transaction shows up twice under our credit card "pending charges," but neither has processed yet. Gotta keep an eye on that...

Here's my experience upgrading my ticket yesterday. I had two unused valid tickets - one 1-day/1-park and one 1-day hopper tickets. I also had a gift card, Disney Visa Rewards, and a $25 car parking voucher that I wanted to use for my Magic Key Dream pass.

I made a reservation yesterday morning, and the only availability was for DCA, so I made one for DCA.

I had to go to the park to use my ticket before upgrading it, so I went to the Toy Story parking lot and took a shuttle to the parks. I hadn't parked there in a long time, so the shuttle loading zone and restrooms were new to me. Got to DCA around 12:30pm, and found out that I didn't finish the reservation process so there was no reservation for me. The cast members were super helpful, and there were still reservations available so they helped me make a reservation and scanned me in to the park. Once in, I tried to upgrade my ticket since that was the main purpose for going. There were no options to use my gift card or Disney Visa Rewards, so I went to the ticket booths. I stood in line about 20 minutes or so and when I got to the ticket booth the cast member processed my payments for me.
  • Used my gift card
  • Used my Disney Visa Rewards / I scanned the card through the reader
  • Paid the balance with my Disney Visa
What I could not use:
  • My other unused park ticket. Since I had used the 1-day/1-park ticket she told me I could switch to the hopper and apply more $ to the Magic Key, but I declined
  • The parking cost (this is different than what we were able to do with annual passes when renewing)
So, I have this other unused valid ticket. The CM said that I could get a refund on it, but I want to gift it to my brother and treat him to a day at Disneyland/DCA. He hasn't been since around 2009. I'm on hold right now to talk to a CM on the phone to see if I can change the name on the ticket to my brother or get a refund because he's going to use it to upgrade to an Imagine or Enchant Magic Key. I'll edit this post with my findings. :)

The cast members were super helpful, and there were still reservations available so they helped me make a reservation and scanned me in to the park.
Thanks for all the info!

One interesting point - this was Saturday, right? Because neither park ever showed any reservations available for Magic Keys yesterday. So I’m curious about how you made that reservation - was it on the app?

Thanks for all the info!

One interesting point - this was Saturday, right? Because neither park ever showed any reservations available for Magic Keys yesterday. So I’m curious about how you made that reservation - was it on the app?
I wonder if maybe they make an exception for same day purchases, assuming there is capacity.

It doesn’t make a ton of sense to tell someone that if they buy a $1400 key they can’t go in - so instead they can buy a regular ticket, go in, and then upgrade.

I’m here now. Tempted to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter