Magic Key Program

Just want to double check the guest policy.

Non Magic Key holders are allowed to join at the Terrace as long as one person has a Key but not the Starcade.
Non Magic Key holders are allowed to appear in the Mr. Toad Magic Shot photo with the Magic Key holder.

Did I get anything wrong here?

Are Mickey and Minnie alternating every 30 minutes at the Starcade? Do they ever appear together or are there times of the day when the Starcade is open but they aren't present?

Just want to double check the guest policy.

Non Magic Key holders are allowed to join at the Terrace as long as one person has a Key but not the Starcade.
Non Magic Key holders are allowed to appear in the Mr. Toad Magic Shot photo with the Magic Key holder.

Did I get anything wrong here?

Are Mickey and Minnie alternating every 30 minutes at the Starcade? Do they ever appear together or are there times of the day when the Starcade is open but they aren't present?

I don't know for sure how often Mickey and Minnie are alternating but I checked my time stamps for my visit at the Starcade and I was inside for just about 12 minutes and saw both of them (Minnie left and Mickey appeared). Maybe I just got lucky.

So, we had a reservation for there for last night at 6:10. We checked in at 6 and they said, "We're sorry, we know you have a reservation, but it's probably about a 25 minute wait." Ok, no problem, thanks for the heads-up, they took my number and we went over to wander Avengers Campus. 6:35, we still hadn't gotten a text, so I went back over and checked that they had my number right and she said yeah, but it was probably at least 10-15 minutes longer - "People are just hanging out for hours." We went back at 6:45 and asked them to cancel our reservation, which they did with no penalty and an apology, but it was unfortunate.

I think they need to make and enforce table time limits if that's the situation.

We had a similar situation on
Friday September 3rd. So I was taking my BF as a surprise and randomly saw reservations were available in the app a day before so booked a 2pm reservation for a late lunch so we could hop back to the hotel for a break before the evening.

Did mobile check in and happened to talk to the host at 2pm who said even with a reservation we were looking at 40 to 45 minutes wait. I had to ask her to repeat that because I didn't understand why.
Per the above poster and others it does seem there is no limit and walk ups were still being added on.

I noted the major issue here : They assumed the legacy passholder lounge traffic would be the same for the Magic Key holders..wrong. And the host agreed with me, obviously it wasn't her fault , she's just basically doing as she is told. After waiting 30 minutes and a frustrating morning with Rise of the Resistance we asked to cancel. I will be sending a very frank email to guest services because feedback is important.
Until they get this worked out I probably wouldn't make a reservation for anytime aside from opening ,really is too bad because I went before the change and the food was AMAZING.

I have a GCH package reservation for Dec 13-16 made before purchasing a Dream Key. I already have park reservations made through the package, which includes 2 hoppers. If I wanted to make a park reservation with my MK to meet up with friends in Nov, will that cancel my Dec hopper reservations? I guess what I'm asking is can I simultaneously hold both a MK reservation and a hopper reservation?

ETA: I plan to cancel the package and rebook as room and one hopper once I'm sure I can reserve our Dec park dates, which aren't yet available with the MK.

I had everything figured out and was going to upgrade my 4day ticket on day one to a MK, but DCA isn't available for reservations on day 3 like we had reserved.

So my question is this - once I enter DCA on day 3, can I upgrade and be okay even if I don't have a park reservations for DCA? We plan to leave mid-day to get lunch in DTD and then come back in. I mainly wanted to get it done then so I can get a merch discount since we're only doing one park a day and that will be our last day at DCA.

@Skyegirl1999, have you started an official thread tracking Magic Key reservation availability / trends?

FWIW, I noted this morning (Wed, 9/15) that Friday 9/17 is not available for Magic Key reservations but is available to all other types (Single day, Park Hopper and Hotel Guests). Curiously, I've made past reservations based on future hotel bookings but this seems to have changed/corrected. I have several DVC reservations stacked at the Grand Cal but was not able to book Friday 9/17 as Magic Key.

@Skyegirl1999, have you started an official thread tracking Magic Key reservation availability / trends?

FWIW, I noted this morning (Wed, 9/15) that Friday 9/17 is not available for Magic Key reservations but is available to all other types (Single day, Park Hopper and Hotel Guests). Curiously, I've made past reservations based on future hotel bookings but this seems to have changed/corrected. I have several DVC reservations stacked at the Grand Cal but was not able to book Friday 9/17 as Magic Key.
Update: Thurs, 9:52pm: Friday, 9/17, shows DCA for Magic Key reservations. So, like Flex pass days, we have hope for last-minute availability either due to cancellations (from other Magic Key pass holders) or additional spaces added (by Disney Parks).

Edited to add: But act quickly! By 9:56p, the reservation availability calendar was back to "nothing available" for 9/17.

Edited again: 10:09p: DCA has returned for Magic Key. I'm guessing this will go back and forth up to midnight?? Sigh. Two days ago, I really wanted to go on Friday. Now that it is late Thurs night, I've hit the point of "too late."

Last edited:
I had everything figured out and was going to upgrade my 4day ticket on day one to a MK, but DCA isn't available for reservations on day 3 like we had reserved.

So my question is this - once I enter DCA on day 3, can I upgrade and be okay even if I don't have a park reservations for DCA? We plan to leave mid-day to get lunch in DTD and then come back in. I mainly wanted to get it done then so I can get a merch discount since we're only doing one park a day and that will be our last day at DCA.

From my understanding you would be taking a risk of your DCA reservation not transferring to the MK once you upgrade. I too was hoping to upgrade on our first day to take advantage of discounts but am now planning on waiting until my last day when we are getting ready to leave for the night to avoid any reservation.

Question for those who have upgraded in the app. Is there anywhere where I can see a visual of the process?

I know two people who upgraded to Enchant Keys from 3 day park hoppers and their tickets disappeared from the app but the Magic Key didn't appear. They waited in line for about an hour at the ticket booth to get the Magic Key added to their app and had to make new reservations.

So if DCA has no reservation availability on the day you upgrade, you may be unable to re-enter if a similar thing happens to you. Take a screenshot of your ticket before you upgrade because there is a chance that the reservation on the disappearing ticket may not actually be cancelled right away.

Question. Dream Key holder here. Was there supposed to be a gift for the first 60 days given to Magic Key holders at the park? Went yesterday and visited the Magic Key walk through. But that was it.

We haven't received one either, we bought our keys the 2nd morning so maybe they are still wading through all the people who bought theirs on the first day. Just excited to be visiting Disney again.

ahhhh. ok. wonder it'll be hit or miss like the AP Magnets. :rotfl2: Any idea what the gift is?
From the Disney Parks Blog re the charter MK gift -

If I purchase my Magic Key pass within the first 66 days, what additional benefits will I receive?

In addition to all the great benefits that come with being a Magic Key holder, you will also receive a special charter member welcome package sent to the address on file, which will include a limited-edition Magic Key pin, celebratory button, magnet and more!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-pass-your-top-magic-key-questions-answered/

Question guys. Apologies if this was answered already. My girls bought the 3 day California pass sold back in September. Can that be applied to the purchase of a Magic Key as form of down payment? I thought that could be processed at the park's ticket booth.

Question guys. Apologies if this was answered already. My girls bought the 3 day California pass sold back in September. Can that be applied to the purchase of a Magic Key as form of down payment? I thought that could be processed at the park's ticket booth.

No the special 3 day CA resident ticket cannot be used to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter