Magic Kingdom Early Fireworks December 30 & 31 Question

Newbie to the board. I am celebrating my birthday over New Year's Eve, staying club level at the GF. I just phoned Disney Signature Services to inquire about the MK calendar which currently shows Fantasy in the Sky at 6:30 and Midnight on 12/30 and 12/31 (while the Fantasy in the Sky event listing specifically states Midnight only). The CM at DSS told me that the early show will be Happily Ever After. I asked her when the Disney website plans to update their calendar. She said that they hope the calendar will be updated soon, as they're getting a lot of questions about it. She said that they just had a meeting last week, and that their "Disney partners" confirmed that the early show on 12/30 and 12/31 will be Happily Ever After. I asked her if a special "NYE tag" will be added to the HEA early show. She said that there was no discussion of a special NYE tag on the early show (but that she couldn't positively confirm either way). She sounded pretty confident in her answer - in fact, she answered without pause. Hope this information is helpful.

Newbie to the board. I am celebrating my birthday over New Year's Eve, staying club level at the GF. I just phoned Disney Signature Services to inquire about the MK calendar which currently shows Fantasy in the Sky at 6:30 and Midnight on 12/30 and 12/31 (while the Fantasy in the Sky event listing specifically states Midnight only). The CM at DSS told me that the early show will be Happily Ever After. I asked her when the Disney website plans to update their calendar. She said that they hope the calendar will be updated soon, as they're getting a lot of questions about it. She said that they just had a meeting last week, and that their "Disney partners" confirmed that the early show on 12/30 and 12/31 will be Happily Ever After. I asked her if a special "NYE tag" will be added to the HEA early show. She said that there was no discussion of a special NYE tag on the early show (but that she couldn't positively confirm either way). She sounded pretty confident in her answer - in fact, she answered without pause. Hope this information is helpful.
I believe everything about what she said except the bold. I'll be shocked if they ever change the calendar.
Though I do wonder exactly what the phrase "Disney partners" means. Sounds like she doesn't work for Disney

I believe everything about what she said except the bold. I'll be shocked if they ever change the calendar.
Though I do wonder exactly what the phrase "Disney partners" means. Sounds like she doesn't work for Disney

Yes, DSS CM's are employees of Disney. The Disney Signature Services Team is a vacation planning resource for guests with club-level and/or VIP service bookings. When the DSS CM referred to the meeting with "Disney partners", she was referring to whatever group of employees is responsible for disseminating schedule information to the DSS team. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/signature-services/

Yes, DSS CM's are employees of Disney. The Disney Signature Services Team is a vacation planning resource for guests with club-level and/or VIP service bookings. When the DSS CM referred to the meeting with "Disney partners", she was referring to whatever group of employees is responsible for disseminating schedule information to the DSS team. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/signature-services/
I'm well aware, used them many times for CL stays. I don't doubt that the CM who help CL guests work for Disney. Which is why I thought the phrase used was strange. If DH meets with a coworker from another department and tells me about he just says "X group" he doesn't use the company name too. It's strange to refer to a group within your company by the company name. That is normally done by a group from an outside company. A more common phrase would have been "our partners" since all work for the same company. Just strange, that's all.

I'm well aware, used them many times for CL stays. I don't doubt that the CM who help CL guests work for Disney. Which is why I thought the phrase used was strange. If DH meets with a coworker from another department and tells me about he just says "X group" he doesn't use the company name too. It's strange to refer to a group within your company by the company name. That is normally done by a group from an outside company. A more common phrase would have been "our partners" since all work for the same company. Just strange, that's all.

Angie, thanks for your observations. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I didn't realize that you were familiar with DSS, and thought you were questioning whether or not they were Disney employees. But I agree with you. As you noted, definitely an odd turn of phrase, which is why I put it in quotes. Yet, the number I phoned was the number listed on the Disney website, and was answered as DSS. Sunday customer service outsourced, perhaps?? I really don't know. I just wanted to pass along what I was told.

Thanks for reporting/checking in. Not what I wanted to hear if accurate, but good to know none-the-less.

Although, having dealt with DSS quite a bit I’m not totally sold on them being a bastion of 100% accurate information. Like most Disney departments there are limits to their knowledge and sometimes experiences can be highly dependent on the quality/experience level of the particular CM. The level of detail she gave you does suggest some credibility to DSS discussing this internally, but it could just be an easy answer that they ‘think’ is right, but really have no clue! I have, on a few occasions, been told info from them that I know is flat out wrong but the CM was adamant about it.

As someone who wants to see a different/special show at the early fireworks, I hope they made the answer up! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Haha! Agree!!! Wasn’t it you that said we’re not going to know the early show until the music starts? I’m starting to think you’re going to be right! :-)

Angie, thanks for your observations. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I didn't realize that you were familiar with DSS, and thought you were questioning whether or not they were Disney employees. But I agree with you. As you noted, definitely an odd turn of phrase, which is why I put it in quotes. Yet, the number I phoned was the number listed on the Disney website, and was answered as DSS. Sunday customer service outsourced, perhaps?? I really don't know. I just wanted to pass along what I was told.

Since DSS came into being earlier this year (when they moved from individual resort “IPOs” to a centralized office), I have seen them use the word “partners” somewhat often in my written and verbal communications with them. Specifically, I’ve seen them say “resort partners” when I had a question about a room type.... “recreation partners” when I’ve made cabana reservations, just as examples of the context. I asked once about ordering a cake and the response was something along the lines of “here is information from our dining partners...”

The use of that phrase in your conversation with DSS doesn’t surprise me all that much. I think it’s part of the script somewhere in the training. ;)

I don’t really recall this phrase being used in the IPO days.

Appreciate very much what you shared. I tend to think they were on point even if I wish they weren't

Dad - very interesting on the use of the term "partners". That explains it. Angie and others, I'm with you in suspecting that the DSS info was correct - but I wish that it weren't. I booked an early dessert party for 12/30, solely because the calendar listed Fantasy in the Sky for both times. But, based on all of the information that everyone has shared (thank you!) it appears that early + late shows of Fantasy in the Sky would be an historical first. I think I'm leaning toward all of your best guesses based on experience plus today's DSS CM information and assuming that the early show is going to be HEA... and will probably cancel that early dessert party.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha! Well, I just called DSS about something else and asked again about the early fireworks. This time, the DSS CM told me that the early would be Fantasy in the Sky (last week they told me HEA). I guess we'll see what we see.

Last edited:
I have a dinner reservation before the early fireworks at California Grill. I would LOVE the early show to be Fantasy in the Sky. Any insiders have additional detail?

For the late dessert party---I read somewhere that the projections will now be afterwards around 12:40am? Is this true and if so, will we still have our reserved area to watch?

For the late dessert party---I read somewhere that the projections will now be afterwards around 12:40am? Is this true and if so, will we still have our reserved area to watch?

Once Upon a Time looks like it’s on the schedule for 12:45AM both nights. Typically with the dessert parties the reserved area is no longer reserved once the show is over, so after the 11:50 fireworks are over I’d expect it to be open to other guests. In practice, on any given normal night, people are busy doing other things, leaving, going to ride rides, etc, so it still stays sort of private (but obviously not controlled). With 12/30 & 12/31 - YMMV!!!

:-)

So do you think it's safe to assume (I know, I know) that what they do on the 30th will also be what they do on the 31st? I'd love to see reports from the 30th so that we can make an informed (HAHA!!) decision for NYE. Sigh.

So do you think it's safe to assume (I know, I know) that what they do on the 30th will also be what they do on the 31st? I'd love to see reports from the 30th so that we can make an informed (HAHA!!) decision for NYE. Sigh.
Actually, yes, I would assume that whatever happens at 6:30 on the 30th would happen at 6:30 on the 31st.

Actually, yes, I would assume that whatever happens at 6:30 on the 30th would happen at 6:30 on the 31st.

Agree, as the whole point of MK offering the same schedule on the 30th (plus offering evening EMH) is to entice some people to enjoy the New Year's Eve festivities on the 30th and (slightly!) reduce the insane crowds on the 31st.

Agree, as the whole point of MK offering the same schedule on the 30th (plus offering evening EMH) is to entice some people to enjoy the New Year's Eve festivities on the 30th and (slightly!) reduce the insane crowds on the 31st.
That’s always been the expectation for the midnight fireworks, but never the case for the 6:30 fireworks.

Just circling back on this thread as I see the Times Guide (that goes through 12/30) shows Fantasy in the Sky for both the 6:30 and 11:50PM shows on Saturday at the MK: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

That's the final proof I needed - woo hoo!

For those following along, this is different than the last few years which featured "Holiday Wishes" followed by a NYE countdown tag for the early show.

Happy New Year!

Just circling back on this thread as I see the Times Guide (that goes through 12/30) shows Fantasy in the Sky for both the 6:30 and 11:50PM shows on Saturday at the MK: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

That's the final proof I needed - woo hoo!

For those following along, this is different than the last few years which featured "Holiday Wishes" followed by a NYE countdown tag for the early show.

Happy New Year!

That is AWESOME news! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter