Magical Express and luggage delivery

Now, have to comment again....

LOTS of times, people blame Disney for lost bags. These folks PUT their ME tags on their luggage, right?
Yup - on a luggage HANDLE - where it got torn off by the Airline Baggage Monkeys :). Folks? Try to NOT put tags on surfaces that the Baggage Monkeys will grab.

Here is a trick that has worked for us, over many years....

1) Slightly alter your baggage. RIVET a "tag tab" to the front surface.
2) Use Shipping tape to re-enforce the folding edges of your MDE tag, so that it must be CUT off.

We learned these lessons the hard way - "ripped off" MDE tags, two trips, as we started going to WDW regularly - in 2005. 2016, two trips per year later? Oh yes - this works :). NEVER a missing ME yellow tag :).

Here is how we altered OUR bags.... Photo enclosed...

Attachments

• BAG IMAGES.jpg
    BAG IMAGES.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
And once you put your luggage in their hands you do have to wait for it to be delivered. If you see it on a cart somewhere they won't hand it to you.

Again always best to pack what you need for the first 24 in your carry-on. If you can't manage without your checked bags you are packing wrong.

A couple of years ago I used this service which seemed so handy. We arrive about 3pm. We had a dinner at Aloha dinner show but our bags weren't their by 7:30 so we had to leave before they arrived. When we got back they were in our room. That was about 10pm. I don't know when they arrived but you should definitely take what you need in your carry-on. It can take some time.

Did you get your luggage? I really hope so! Have a great vacation!!

Yes - thank you! I called at 4 hours after we arrived at the hotel & asked about it. They asked if we wanted it brought to the room - it got to our room at about 2ish.

I had packed necessities (medicines, bathing suits, pajamas for my daughter) but next time would pack everything for the first night!

Thank you!

Yes - thank you! I called at 4 hours after we arrived at the hotel & asked about it. They asked if we wanted it brought to the room - it got to our room at about 2ish.

I had packed necessities (medicines, bathing suits, pajamas for my daughter) but next time would pack everything for the first night!

Thank you!
So glad it finally got to you! Hope your trip is great! :ccat:

I was at WDW this past June. We arrived at MCO at a little after 3. Our luggage arrived closer to 7. We flew on Southwest Airlines. I was told by a cast member that SA doesn't participate in Magical Express luggage delivery. However, SA delivers the luggage on their own. I know the luggage still goes to the same sorting facility. Just something to keep in mind if you fly that airline. I'd say you're better off checking your bags and picking them up at baggage.

I was at WDW this past June. We arrived at MCO at a little after 3. Our luggage arrived closer to 7. We flew on Southwest Airlines. I was told by a cast member that SA doesn't participate in Magical Express luggage delivery. However, SA delivers the luggage on their own. I know the luggage still goes to the same sorting facility. Just something to keep in mind if you fly that airline. I'd say you're better off checking your bags and picking them up at baggage.

The CM you spoke to gave you some bad information. Southwest definitely does participate in Magical Express luggage delivery.

As are the Moderates.
Actually, the moderates are Luggage Assistance as well, but they're better than the values!!! They don't deliver luggage nearly as frequently as the deluxes do, but more often than the values do.

That's so wrong. Every....single....airline arriving into MCO can handle DME tagged bags. SW certainly doesn't deliver any luggage 'on their own'. All yellow DME tagged bags are grabbed as soon as they come of the planes (of every single airline) and put aside. Then they are disbursed to the appropriate resort trucks for delivery.
It is only for the checking of bags at RAC, at the end of your stay, that your airline matters. And SW is a participating airline now, has been for years. So, SW guests get all the same DME perks that everyone else gets.

Actually, the moderates are Luggage Assistance as well, but they're better than the values!!! They don't deliver luggage nearly as frequently as the deluxes do, but more often than the values do.

Interesting. I know at CBR, the Moderate I know best, they are called Bell Services. And I've called them multiple times in the middle of the night to bring up our Garden Grocer order and they've been there within 20 minutes each time. The same thing when I've called to pick us and our luggage up and bring us to The Custom House to catch ME in the middle of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter