MagicBand / AP Question

courtneylauren

DCP Fall Adv. 2014 Alumni - Epcot Vacation Planner
Hello!
I know the MagicBands are still in test mode, but does anyone know when "they will be rolled out later this year" means? We arrive in July (42 days), and we are new AP holders. I am hoping we'll be able to get a card AP once before they switch to the MagicBands!

Thanks!

Hello!
I know the MagicBands are still in test mode, but does anyone know when "they will be rolled out later this year" means? We arrive in July (42 days), and we are new AP holders. I am hoping we'll be able to get a card AP once before they switch to the MagicBands!

Thanks!

No, other than the literal meaning--anytime between now and December 31. By July, I think the chances of having MagicBands as an option are very slim.

From what I've read, you will still have the option of a card rather than a band if you choose.

yes, from what I've seen before, you will eventually need some sort of RFID admission media, but you will have the choice whether to use a card or the band. But it'll be awhile before the whole thing gets implemented anyway.

Don't mind switching to the band, but want to have one AP card before!! :)
Thanks!

I hope these are rolled out by mid-Occtober when we're down there. My family has already picked out our colors!

We're arriving the same day as you! I just ordered our annual passes yesterday. She said we'll go to guest relations and get the passes, and she wasn't sure if it would be bands or not. My only concern is, if guest relations only has gray colored bands...I'm sure my kids would want a different color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter