Main shows on Fantasy being performed 2 days in a row

Just curious - other activities do you do at night? We don't seem to find much for a family other than the shows. Not particularly interested in movies since we can do that at home unless it's the rare occasion something very new is playing.

Since it was just me and my husband, we did some of the adult activities at the bars. I was told that as of the current 10/28 sailing, the "testing" the double shows is no longer. Disney has gone back to its original schedule.But we have noticed that Disney has a lot more adult activites that me and my husband are particularly drawn to.

This is bad news for me. I love the shows. My next cruise is December in fantasy. Now I only have three nights of shows and acts and a movie instead of 7. The variety act is 2 guys I don’t like. Not going to mention their names a lot of people like them. The movie no need for me to see a movie on board since I have movie pass. I know not DCLs fault there. So instead of 7 times watching shows, variety acts and movies my next 7 night cruise will be three nights.

We've seen multiple variety acts on a single cruise - not just one. There are family shows in the smaller lounges, which we enjoy.

I'd rather they added a 3rd nightly performance of each show (whether it be the production shows, or the variety acts) after second seating dinner ends. I'm certain this will never happen though. There is so little going on throughout the ship once the late seating dinner lets out. Seems like the perfect time for the show. Plus, I think most people rather see the show after their dinner. Going before dinner seems somewhat backwards. We would love to free up that time before dinner (we always do second seating) when there is much more going on and still be able to see the shows.

LOVE this idea! We also do second seating and find very little in the way of family activities after dinner. Having this option would also mean we could hang by the pool a bit longer before getting ready for dinner.

We've seen multiple variety acts on a single cruise - not just one. There are family shows in the smaller lounges, which we enjoy.

Yes but only one variety act in Walt Disney theatre for the main show. The variety act DCL is having on my cruise is very bad imo. Just my opinion lots of people go crazy for them two guys

Since it was just me and my husband, we did some of the adult activities at the bars. I was told that as of the current 10/28 sailing, the "testing" the double shows is no longer. Disney has gone back to its original schedule.But we have noticed that Disney has a lot more adult activites that me and my husband are particularly drawn to.

I'm kind of glad to hear that. The musical-style shows were such a highlight for my husband and I last time we cruised and I wasn't looking forward to losing one or two of these. I'm also intrigued to hear more adult activities you're drawn to. It's been about six years since we last cruised DCL and I remember being really entertained the whole time (unlike when we cruised on the Norwegian Dawn a few years later and found ourselves bored most nights as we're not nightclub/bar people.)

LOVE this idea! We also do second seating and find very little in the way of family activities after dinner. Having this option would also mean we could hang by the pool a bit longer before getting ready for dinner.

I am pretty sure when the Dream or Fantasy came into service there were 3 shows a night. I can't remember the times but it didn't last that long. They found the three shows were not all full and the cast was playing to partially filled shows.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter