Making New Friends - One Coffee Crisp At A Time! EPIC trip May 2019 Update 2/24

May 4, 2019 - Part Three

The sky opened up just after we had entered the building, so we ended up having great timing! We easily found the group, and spent the next hour or so hanging out and chatting. At some point I took this picture but I don’t think Luke or I actually bought this (or tried it?)???

IMG_7532.jpg

Once the rain cleared, we all headed out into the World Showcase to enjoy some food and drinks. We ended up split into multiple groups, I know one group was headed for Steve’s shrimp but Luke has a shellfish allergy and I don’t eat fish so that didn’t interest us at all. We found ourselves in Mexico, and someone we were with suggested the Grand Fiesta Tour. I don’t even remember who was with us at this point – Jackie ( @missjackiemcg ) maybe? Liesa ( @Steppesister ) ? Docsoliday1’s daughter was definitely there I think?

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

From there, we made our way to Norway, where we grabbed a beer for Luke and a cute little thing of moscato wine for me. The wine wasn’t even from Norway, but it was cute and I enjoy sweet wines.

IMG_7538.jpg

We checked out some of the stuff in the Norway Pavilion, I had never looked at these things before?

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

We headed back through Mexico and cut across over to Canada. Luke and I hadn’t had any actual food in a few hours, so we stopped for some poutine at Refreshment Port like the good Canadians we are.

IMG_7544-e1610324275589.jpg

We met up with a large group of people shortly after this, and a group of them stopped in Morocco to grab some food from The Taste of Marrakesh booth. Luke wanted to try the Cauliflower –

57869688566__11D3DA2A-7BF0-4635-837E-730C10E92458-e1610330970442.jpeg

We made a quick stop in Japan at the Kabuki Cafe, I’m obsessed with the kakigori from there. Luke went for a Sake Mist. Again, full descriptions and pricing can be found in my dining report of this day

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

A few people wanted to check out the Garden Rocks concert (it was Herman’s Hermits that day). One group headed inside to the quick service location in the American Pavilion, and we found a picnic table with an umbrella to sit down outside (also in the American Pavilion). We could easily hear the concert but it wasn’t overpowering loud, so we just sat there listening, enjoying our shaved ice and chatting with Billie ( @Elevationist ) and Sarah ( @IowaTater ) for the entire duration of the band’s set.

608413A4-0B70-47DA-9D45-13086F9302B9.jpg

Once the band finished, most of us managed to find each other again. We took off as a large group –

IMG_7551.jpg

– before stopping for some group photos in Germany.

0ff6e0ba-9d59-46a8-8800-4a0e5e172ee7.jpg

@HeiChewChewChewsYou @chunkymonkey @ArielSRL @Steppesister @Pluto0809 @missjackiemcg @ariane37 @pepperandchips @buzzrelly @LindseyJo22 @kastoney @Jenny Sanders @Elevationist @IowaTater @Chrystmasangel

Someone, I think it was Ariana, bought a pretzel here because I definitely had a bite of one, but did not buy it haha. It was delicious – much better than the stale Mickey pretzels sold everywhere.​

Last edited:
Even Luke and I had a few afternoon breaks on our last trip haha - one day he had a nap while I went to the pool. I imagine breaks will definitely be happening when we take Jocelyn!
You can skip the break... as long as you don't mind a very cranky tot!
Haha, I did enjoy the tour of your work though! Very cool!
:) Glad you liked it.
I just looked at my wedding planning package, and that was $1800 back in 2017 - so I'm guessing it's gone up a bit since then. It's still cheaper than the $3000 Cinderella Coach though!
:faint:
Can I just take the bus?
It wasn't terrible! I enjoy the break in the air conditioning most haha
And the seats. You forgot the seats.
(something neither Canada, nor China, have.)

At some point I took this picture but I don’t think Luke or I actually bought this (or tried it?)???
You are not allowed to take a photo and post it on your TR unless you've done it.

Okay, that's not a rule at all.
Luke has a shellfish allergy
So does my DW. Whereas I love it. As a result, it's not something I have very often.
Docsoliday1’s daughter was definitely there I think?
:laughing:
"Definitely!... Maybe!"
The wine wasn’t even from Norway, but it was cute and I enjoy sweet wines.
Me too. Pretty much the only ones I drink.
We headed back through Mexico and cut across over to Canada. Luke and I hadn’t had any actual food in a few hours, so we stopped for some poutine at Refreshment Port like the good Canadians we are.
::yes::
We made a quick stop in Japan at the Kabuki Cafe, I’m obsessed with the kakigori from there.
<sigh> I am not.
I think if I hadn't had it in Hawaii, I might be? But... (in my opinion) it just doesn't come close to being as good.
A few people wanted to check out the Garden Rocks concert (it was Herman’s Hermits that day).
Yes it was! I remember reading that on someone's TR.
– before stopping for some group photos in Germany.

0ff6e0ba-9d59-46a8-8800-4a0e5e172ee7.jpg
I remember that shot too. Such a nice one of so many people doing the Chunkydump. :laughing:

I don’t even remember who was with us at this point – Jackie ( @missjackiemcg ) maybe? Liesa ( @Steppesister ) ? Docsoliday1’s daughter was definitely there I think?
Now that you mention it, yes we did do that didn't we!? :rotfl2:Ariana and I were definitely there, and I think you're right about Lindsey, Liesa and Doc's daughter. We were a random crew, but this was so fun!:lovestruc

Awwww :lovestruc

Someone, I think it was Ariana, bought a pretzel here because I definitely had a bite of one, but did not buy it haha. It was delicious – much better than the stale Mickey pretzels sold everywhere.
Yes, she sure did! That pretzel WAS delicious, and also humongous! Even though she shared it, I don't believe we finished that thing it was so big!

You can skip the break... as long as you don't mind a very cranky tot!

Turns out, I have a kid that doesn't like naps. She's 10 months old and it's a struggle every day for her to take an afternoon nap haha

:faint:
Can I just take the bus?

We took the bus on our wedding day! Multiple times!

And the seats. You forgot the seats.
(something neither Canada, nor China, have.)

Yes! So true!

You are not allowed to take a photo and post it on your TR unless you've done it.

Okay, that's not a rule at all.

Hahaha! I'm glad that's not an actual rule!

So does my DW. Whereas I love it. As a result, it's not something I have very often.

Luke has his allergy and I just don't eat anything that comes from the water - but we wanted to introduce different fish and shellfish to the baby (we've read that early exposure reduces allergic reactions) - and of course she loved shrimp. :confused3

:laughing:
"Definitely!... Maybe!"

Downfall of trying to write a trip report almost two years after it happened haha

<sigh> I am not.
I think if I hadn't had it in Hawaii, I might be? But... (in my opinion) it just doesn't come close to being as good.

I can understand that! Maybe one day Luke and I will make it to Hawaii to compare the kakigori :)

I remember that shot too. Such a nice one of so many people doing the Chunkydump. :laughing:

:rotfl:

Now that you mention it, yes we did do that didn't we!? :rotfl2:Ariana and I were definitely there, and I think you're right about Lindsey, Liesa and Doc's daughter. We were a random crew, but this was so fun!:lovestruc

Awwww :lovestruc

Yes, she sure did! That pretzel WAS delicious, and also humongous! Even though she shared it, I don't believe we finished that thing it was so big!

What a great day! I'm so beyond ready to get back to Disney and to see all of you ladies again! <3

It was def a very large group to keep together. I am so glad I got to meet the few folks that I did that day!

I'm sad we didn't really get to hang out more on this day, but next Epic Trip we'll be sure to do more than just ride Slinky Dog together!

We found ourselves in Mexico, and someone we were with suggested the Grand Fiesta Tour. I don’t even remember who was with us at this point – Jackie ( @missjackiemcg ) maybe? Liesa ( @Steppesister )

Yep, that was me! What a great liitle group we were!
A few people wanted to check out the Garden Rocks concert (it was Herman’s Hermits that day).

Me, Ariane and Jenny went over and sat in the Pavilion. Such a fun concert. I AM glad you all waited for us though!!

Look at all those ChunkyDumps!! ;) Such a fun group!

Someone, I think it was Ariana, bought a pretzel here because I definitely had a bite of one, but did not buy it haha. It was delicious – much better than the stale Mickey pretzels sold everywhere.
I didn't try the pretzel, but got the ham and swiss on a pretzel roll and it ended up being my favorite snack of the entire F&W. LOL!!! Sooo good!!

I just wanted everyone to know I haven't abandoned this trip report, I'm just focusing all my free time on trying to finish my January 2018 trip report (our wedding trip). I'm hoping to finish that report before our fourth wedding anniversary :rolleyes1 .

I will get back to this one as soon as I can though! Thanks for putting up with my reports that take years to finish haha!

I just wanted everyone to know I haven't abandoned this trip report, I'm just focusing all my free time on trying to finish my January 2018 trip report (our wedding trip). I'm hoping to finish that report before our fourth wedding anniversary :rolleyes1 .

I will get back to this one as soon as I can though! Thanks for putting up with my reports that take years to finish haha!
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter