Making New Friends - One Coffee Crisp At A Time! EPIC trip May 2019 Update 2/24

Another day at Disney, another morning with the alarm going off way too early!
This is a truism. :)
breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno.
Oh! I was just talking about that on another thread. I was saying that I wasn't familiar with it and here I see you reviewed it. (Which I read, thanks!)
It’s so pretty! I think I say that about all the Disney resort lobbies though…
::yes::
We had to take pictures of Sea Breeze Point as we reminisced about our wedding ceremony which was held there in January 2018 <3
Awww... :)
It was May the 4th, so of course we had to begin our day at Hollywood Studios!
I'm sure it'll be almost empty. :rolleyes:
That turned out to be a good thing, since the lineups were insane!
I bet!
it was either Molly or Lesley that was selected as the Rebel Spy.
Lucky! Glad it was one of the group. :goodvibes:
I still had no idea where the camera was on SDD…

09aabcc3-ba56-4002-b8d8-f0d6a7e9776f.jpg
:laughing:
We stopped for a group photo afterwards –
Nice shot of you guys. :)
But we did have to stop for a snack before heading out of the park at Neighbourhood Bakery. My review can be found here!
I was very curious to see the verdict on the key lime pie on a stick. I liked the pie part... but it was wayyyyy too much white chocolate for me. I did not enjoy it as a result.
If I were to get it again, I'd peel off the excess white chocolate and toss it and eat the rest.
We stopped after exiting the park so I could get a picture by the main entrance in my Star Wars outfit <3

291640C5-B6A4-4C90-9D87-51ADF32A7B02.jpg
Love that!

It was so busy there that day! It was great to meet you guys then as well! Sorry we weren't more help with where the camera are. We are terrible with that, especially on rollercoasters. I just figured out where the one on space mountain was!

April 30th / May 1st - Travel

On April 29th, we headed out to my best friend’s acreage and dropped off our dogs. Just because I think they are adorable, here's pictures of them…

5593D6A2-2A05-4A3A-859C-8B4002936B72-e1558232478372-768x1024.jpeg

Magoo always has to grab something when it’s time to go for a walk…on this particular night, it was a hand towel from the pile of clean laundry I was folding…
33C550D1-8C2F-4058-AB3F-00B526A5DE39-e1558233723488-768x1024.jpeg

Jax hates the rain – but he hates his jacket even more…
On April 30th, Luke and I both had to work for the full day. The hours dragged, but we both got home around 5pm and started putting together our last minute things – packing our toothbrushes, phone chargers, etc. We cleaned the litter boxes, loaded up my SUV, made sure our cats and degu had plenty of food and treats (my Mom was going to be checking on them daily) and then headed out around 9:30pm.

BE9AE556-9147-416A-A4EE-782D537D8539.jpeg

After a quick stop for gas, we were on the highway to the airport and arrived at our preferred parking lot just shortly after 10pm. We took the shuttle to the terminal, checked our bags, made it through security quickly and found ourselves with lots of time before our flight left. I’m the type of person who is late for everything – except flights. I’d rather sit at my gate early than have to run to catch my flight (which happened on the last flight I took before this one, due to a system crash and the longest check-in line I’ve ever seen. The lady checking my bag told me I “should have been more responsible and been there earlier” despite the fact I was over 90 minutes early for a domestic flight *facepalm*).

Anyways, back to this trip… we decided we had more than enough time to sit down to eat. There’s a few options in the Edmonton airport, but we headed over to my old-faithful, Boston Pizza.

While we were sitting there, we saw on the departure board that our flight was delayed by about 20 minutes. Once we finished eating, we headed off to our gate and found a pair of seats – only to hear an announcement a few minutes later that our flight would now be departing from a different gate. I always think it’s hilarious when you’re sitting in an airport and you see an entire herd of people changing gates, and now I was one of those people :rotfl2:.

We eventually boarded, and left about half an hour past our original departure time. We both managed to get a bit of sleep – but not much. We landed in Toronto, and they made an announcement that anyone not connecting to Orlando was to remain seated, and anyone heading to Orlando – head straight to customs. We were cutting it close, but we made it through security and customs quickly, and made it to our gate while they were still pre-boarding!

Our flight from Toronto to Orlando was uneventful, and we landed around 10:30am on May 1st. We took the Fake-O-Rail to the main terminal and headed straight to the Magical Express.

F5CFE4A4-7055-4720-AFA3-F8738C5AF0F9-e1558232537192-768x1024.jpeg

Since we’re Canadian, Disney won’t mail us our Magicbands before a trip. To get on the Magical Express we typically have a letter that’s mailed out to us, but then I’m always struggling to get it out of my bag when we get there – so this time I was thinking ahead and brought one of my Magicbands from our December trip and it made things so much easier! We didn’t have to wait too long and we were boarding a bus for our first hotel of the trip! Of course I had to take a selfie to document the moment (with a Snapchat filter of course to hide the exhaustion) :thumbsup2
2360F641-BEC9-42DB-954B-152AAEB70E53.jpeg

Exactly 31 minutes after taking that selfie, I took this picture of the sign for hotel #1 – one of our favourite places to stay on Disney property!

D12FDD87-7353-4B61-AAE7-AD7D01E885BB.jpeg

I love the sparkly ears - I have a backpack like that, I need to get the ears too for our next trip!

Hey everyone! Since we’ve now made it official on social media, I figure it’s time to let everyone here know what’s been going on with us :) I’ve been so MIA from the boards because I’m over 19 weeks pregnant! We had a difficult first trimester with a lot of doctor appointments (and I was exhausted all the time) but the second trimester has been great so far! I worked 6 days/week for most of November/December - which didn’t leave me much time for anything besides appointments and baby prep (I’m a planner who likes sales - I took advantage of Black Friday and Boxing Day and already have the crib, monitor, stroller and car seat as well as various other small items).
I’m hoping to get back to a normal work schedule, but I don’t really see that happening, I think I’ll be insanely busy there until I go on maternity leave. But I’ll try to check in here periodically! :lovestruc
View attachment 461821
Congratulations!! We just had our first (she’s exactly 3 weeks old today!) and I’m so excited to share the love of Disney with her when she’s a little older!

Great Trip report..

When I read that things were missing from your bag... We had this happen before on our return from Disneyland to Orlando ( we are locals), We had picked up a few things at the request for friends, several pins. I know that they were a separate bag in a larger bag, and when I got home we had the paper saying they opened our bag... and the pins were gone, as well as a few key chains, again in a separate bag in that larger bag that I had bought for stocking stuffers for the family...and some lotion, that was in a travel bag that I use for shower products when we travel... They completely tossed all my clothing, and dump out everything in that large bag into my luggage, I also think that some of my undergarments were missing... I was so mad, and just felt sick. So now when we travel, we keep the souvenirs with us in the carry on's... When we went to Disneyland Paris, we did this and everything that we purchased made it home. I also keep my undergarments in my roll on, the thought of someone in my undergarments just grosses me out...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! At least my magnet was a free perk with my annual pass, I'd be even more angry if it was souvenirs I had spent money on! I'm still sad I don't have the Pluto magnet on my fridge. I did file a report with MCO just so it was on the record, but I highly doubt they will ever do anything (obviously I know I'm never going to get my magnet back :sad2: )

I rarely if ever schedule pool time. Just... so much to do!

I know! But I have a feeling pool time will be a must whenever we get back to Disney - we have a water-loving baby who I'm sure will be a toddler who demands her swim time haha!

Like you! I'm happy to have met you - we're hoping to get to your neck of the country this year so hopefully we can get together again (you know, provided Covid is somewhat under control and vaccinations have rolled out).

It was both of them! The camera captured half of each of their faces. So I called them "Mosley" the Rebel Spy lol.

That makes sense why I couldn't remember which one it was! Thanks haha!

And love that skirt!!! Your whole outfit was on point!

Missing all the Epic fun....

I miss all of you ladies!

It was so busy there that day! It was great to meet you guys then as well! Sorry we weren't more help with where the camera are. We are terrible with that, especially on rollercoasters. I just figured out where the one on space mountain was!

I guess we now have an excuse to ride SDD together again - maybe the second time together we'll get the picture perfect haha!

Congratulations!! We just had our first (she’s exactly 3 weeks old today!) and I’m so excited to share the love of Disney with her when she’s a little older!

Congratulations! It's so true when people say time flies - I feel like I've just blinked and my little girl is already 9 months old! We're so excited to take her to Disney one day <3

Hi Fallon,

Just peeking in to say hello and catch up. Been a few weeks since I've able to make the rounds and wanted to let you know I"m still here.

Thanks for sticking around despite how long it's taking me to write this report! Have you started a trip report from your most recent trip? I enjoyed following along with your pictures on Facebook! :lovestruc

May 4, 2019 - Part Two

While on the boat from Hollywood Studios over to Epcot, we noticed that a wedding was happening at Sea Breeze Point. We weren’t in a rush (we were still a few hours away from our 2pm meet-up time), so we got off the boat at the Beach/Yacht Club stop and went to be lurkeyloos at the wedding. I know, it’s weird, but I wanted to see if I recognized the bride from the Disney Wedding Facebook group I’m in (I didn’t instantly recognize her, but she was a member of the group). I was also excited to see the Landau Coach in person (we didn’t use purchase any of the upgraded transportation options for our wedding).

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

We didn’t hang around long before walking the short distance over to Epcot, and entered the park through the International Gateway. We turned right into France – I had one thing on my mind! I needed to try the La Vie en Rose slushy!

IMG_7502.jpg

I wrote all about the food and drinks we had that day over here – if you’re interested in descriptions, prices and our thoughts :)

This drink was just so pretty, I took multiple photos of it haha –

IMG_7503.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

And of course I had to take pictures of all the topiaries in the France Pavilion –

IMG_7504.jpg

IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7507.jpg

Since we were right there, and we still had time before our meet-up time, we decided to do something we’d never done before and headed in to see Impressions de France. I enjoy all of these films in the World Showcase, it’s a great way to learn about the country and it provides a nice break from the Florida sun.

IMG_7509.jpg

We took some time to check out a few other topiaries as we headed towards Future World. While on the boat ride over from Hollywood Studios we had managed to grab a Fastpass for Soarin’ so we were headed there. We had purchased one of the Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration maps (the scavenger hunt for the festival), so we were keeping an eye out for those as we wandered along.

IMG_7510.jpg

IMG_7512.jpg

IMG_7514.jpg

6A1BFAFC-1332-46DE-89BB-BE284DE0947F.jpg

73DDD5F4-DB7E-41D5-A661-45CDAE89B74D.jpg

IMG_7515.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

Soarin’ was fantastic as always, but it was time to meet up with the group by the time we exited the ride. I checked my phone to see the messages that everyone had headed over to Odyssey Building due to imminient rain, so we began heading there. The sky was getting darker, which made for some great photos as we walked over.

IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

IMG_7531.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that happened to you! At least my magnet was a free perk with my annual pass, I'd be even more angry if it was souvenirs I had spent money on! I'm still sad I don't have the Pluto magnet on my fridge. I did file a report with MCO just so it was on the record, but I highly doubt they will ever do anything (obviously I know I'm never going to get my magnet back :sad2: )

I will say I was mad... I have no problem with them checking my bags, what really makes me angry, is them tossing everything around you can look through someones luggage without the destruction that they seem to enjoy doing...

Our friends baggage was gone through between Vegas and Atlanta and they took everything out of her make-up and toiletry bag and dumped into the bags, and pretty much it ruined all her clothes... why did they just not put it back into the bag that they got it out of...

But I have a feeling pool time will be a must whenever we get back to Disney - we have a water-loving baby who I'm sure will be a toddler who demands her swim time haha!

I never did afternoon resort breaks until I had kids. :)
And it was the best piece of advice I got!
I'm happy to have met you - we're hoping to get to your neck of the country this year so hopefully we can get together again (you know, provided Covid is somewhat under control and vaccinations have rolled out).
Was happy to have met you guys too. Maybe next time we can meet somewhere that isn't my work! :laughing:
we got off the boat at the Beach/Yacht Club stop and went to be lurkeyloos at the wedding. I know, it’s weird,
Yup. Just stop typing right there. :rolleyes1
but I wanted to see if I recognized the bride from the Disney Wedding Facebook group I’m in (I didn’t instantly recognize her, but she was a member of the group).
Oh, cool! So not just a lukeyloo after all. ;)
I was also excited to see the Landau Coach in person (we didn’t use purchase any of the upgraded transportation options for our wedding).
I don't even want to ask how much more that would be.
This drink was just so pretty, I took multiple photos of it haha –
That's the only reason to drink at epcot. For the photo ops.

Yup. That's it. Uh, huh. :rolleyes:
we decided to do something we’d never done before and headed in to see Impressions de France. I enjoy all of these films in the World Showcase, it’s a great way to learn about the country and it provides a nice break from the Florida sun.
Never done it before! How did you like it? It's a bit dated, but I know I enjoy it and I've seen it several times.
We had purchased one of the Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration maps (the scavenger hunt for the festival)
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering what you were talking about.
How cool is that? Although I suppose it's also kinda sad, considering what it's made of.

Thanks for sticking around despite how long it's taking me to write this report! Have you started a trip report from your most recent trip? I enjoyed following along with your pictures on Facebook! :lovestruc
Of course I am sticking around. :hug: We all take the time we need and can do while still managing our lives and more important things like kids and work and all that fun stuff. :)

I have Fallon, you can find it HERE :)

Lots of fun times we had!

I never did afternoon resort breaks until I had kids. :)
And it was the best piece of advice I got!

Even Luke and I had a few afternoon breaks on our last trip haha - one day he had a nap while I went to the pool. I imagine breaks will definitely be happening when we take Jocelyn!

Was happy to have met you guys too. Maybe next time we can meet somewhere that isn't my work! :laughing:

Haha, I did enjoy the tour of your work though! Very cool!

I don't even want to ask how much more that would be.

I just looked at my wedding planning package, and that was $1800 back in 2017 - so I'm guessing it's gone up a bit since then. It's still cheaper than the $3000 Cinderella Coach though!

That's the only reason to drink at epcot. For the photo ops.

Yup. That's it. Uh, huh. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Never done it before! How did you like it? It's a bit dated, but I know I enjoy it and I've seen it several times.

It wasn't terrible! I enjoy the break in the air conditioning most haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter