Making New Friends - One Coffee Crisp At A Time! EPIC trip May 2019 Update 2/24

Every time we step into this lobby, we talk about how much we would love to stay here one day – it’ll happen someday!
That would be great place to stay (at least for a night or two) with your little girl! Roll that stroller right on the monorail!

On our first trip, he grumbled about this a bit, but by this point he accepts it, knows how happy it makes me and will actually point out short photopass lines – I married a great one <3
Oh wait until you guys come with the baby! Pictures ALL the TIME! I am sure. Once we got annual passes, this became Andy. H wanted to stop everywhere!

But, back to May 3, 2019 before I knew one would go missing. I left the store so excited, and shared this picture on my social media before tucking them safely into Luke’s backpack.
Bummer about the pluto magnet. Strange that they didn't just take both.

Such is the case.
How much I would give to have to get up extremely early at Disney once again.

Same. But one day soon! It'll be at least 2022 for us, but we should be vaccinated by then and feel safe travelling again :love:

I've only been in there a very few times, but... I'd love to stay there too, some day.

I'd love the convenience of staying in a monorail resort (we did a single night at the Grand, but we made the mistake of overbooking our schedule so we didn't get to truly enjoy it). Out of the three monorail resorts though, the Poly has the feeling that most appeals to us.

I made Tonga Toast at home! Turned out pretty good. :)

I've seen multiple recipes for that online! Which one did you use?

Nice shots. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

But he wore a far superior T-shirt! ::yes::

You'll be happy to know my baby already has a Jets jersey hanging in her closet :teeth: (she also has multiple Oilers and Leafs onesies - she's being raised in a house that cheers for three NHL teams :confused3)

Valid rant. That sucks.

Thanks. At least one of them made it home, and I get to see it every single day on my fridge :)

Our usual goal is to make the most "Alberta" vehicle possible - think oversized lifted truck :rotfl:

Last edited:
Oh, I love this picture so much!!!! :) TOO cute!!

We ended up with some cute Photopass pictures on this trip!

Glad you're back!!

It's good to be back! Being unemployed has some benefits - like being able to devote some time to trip reports (something that brings me joy!). I know I have a few of your reports to catch up on....

That would be great place to stay (at least for a night or two) with your little girl! Roll that stroller right on the monorail!

Yes! I'd love to stay on the monorail when we take the baby for her first trip! We currently have two strollers, a standard 4-wheeled one and a 3-wheeled jogging stroller and Luke and I have already started discussing the pros and cons of each stroller when it comes to Disney haha.

Oh wait until you guys come with the baby! Pictures ALL the TIME! I am sure. Once we got annual passes, this became Andy. H wanted to stop everywhere!

I can only imagine! I think I came home with ~300 Photopass photos plus hundreds more that I took on my phone from this trip - I'm sure it'll be in the thousands on our next trip :upsidedow

May 3, 2019 - Part Two

While standing in line for Test Track, we decided to jump on the app and modified our Spaceship Earth fastpass, grabbing one for Living With the Land right away. We made our way over to the Land, stopping to see some more of the Flower and Garden topiaries. LWTL was actually busy, so the fastpass actually came in handy!

6B4C3E54-7B9A-45E3-B4AC-24DB58D90208.jpeg

6E8F77A9-9A4B-43CC-A482-37E6B479504D.jpeg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

Once we had scanned in for LWTL, Luke managed to grab a fourth fastpass – for Frozen! Once we had that secured, we sat back and enjoyed our agricultural boat ride through the greenhouses. I’ve always loved the hidden Mickey on the pipe inside the fish tank in that last picture –

9253FE82-ABE4-45D8-A4E0-45B61AAB6F24-e1608273571244.jpeg
65E92A74-F100-4726-AAA2-D30CE4E254FC-e1608676566529.jpeg

9762D15F-3EDC-4438-B857-8056E12CE9B6-e1608676541938.jpeg
IMG_7346.jpg

F6D2274A-7B30-4D22-9A46-8C05238BEB41-e1608676653728.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg

We headed off towards The World Showcase for our next fastpass, but first we stopped at the popcorn booth by Figment. I actually wrote about it here.

IMG_7340.jpg

2FD08C08-CD26-4619-A4AE-A22CC549010B.jpeg

6B3EB01A-88FB-470C-BFD9-2F1C4137B552-e1608273644368.jpeg
61B30409-CC3E-4C25-9720-391C4C6331F5-e1608273625926.jpeg

712B989E-47BA-4487-8A99-85D7BC7C31C7-e1608273663212.jpeg

b9ba2718-37b7-463b-978c-af5ec60ee157.jpg

My pictures ended up a bit out of order, but we spent some time checking out more topiaries, and at one point backtracked to Mexico so we could go on the Grand Fiesta Tour.

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg
IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

08E9475E-8A0A-49E4-9325-355B8FF2D572.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpg

B3D4DFC8-1FE3-40EC-8E38-9E4883543621.jpeg

7DFFDEDA-82F2-4588-AFAB-47E3AEF76132.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

After visiting the Three Caballeros, Luke decided it was the perfect time for a margarita! We were able to walk directly into La Cava del Tequila without any wait or lineup, where he ordered an El Diablo – altos reposado tequila, muddled jalapenos and cucumbers, fresh lime juice, agave nectar. Served on the rocks with hibiscus salt rim, $15. He took this to go, and we headed back out of the World Showcase. I didn't get anything, as tequila is not my friend :sad2:

72E4978F-E4B7-4766-B584-FF66AE25E102-e1608273588236.jpeg
4D3443F7-5966-4135-80F3-12402155BDF1-e1608676626552.jpeg

Same. But one day soon! It'll be at least 2022 for us, but we should be vaccinated by then and feel safe travelling again :love:
I'm hoping for 2021, but not until either I get vaccinated or things are somehow back to normal.
I'd love the convenience of staying in a monorail resort (we did a single night at the Grand, but we made the mistake of overbooking our schedule so we didn't get to truly enjoy it). Out of the three monorail resorts though, the Poly has the feeling that most appeals to us.
The Poly appeals to me, but... I must admit that while the resort isn't overly appealing, being able to walk over from the CR does appeal.
I've seen multiple recipes for that online! Which one did you use?
This one. :)
Disney Recipe: Tonga Toast from Kona Cafe in Disney World | the disney food blog
You'll be happy to know my baby already has a Jets jersey hanging in her closet :teeth: (she also has multiple Oilers and Leafs onesies - she's being raised in a house that cheers for three NHL teams :confused3)
Whoa. You're gonna give that kid a complex. Better stick to the Jets.

:rolleyes1
Our usual goal is to make the most "Alberta" vehicle possible - think oversized lifted truck :rotfl:
:laughing:

LWTL was actually busy, so the fastpass actually came in handy!
Still surprises me. Lately (well... maybe not lately, lately) there've been line-ups... but before, it seemed to always be a walk on.
Luke managed to grab a fourth fastpass – for Frozen!
Nice score. Remember when this first came out and you couldn't get anywhere near it without a 3 hour wait?
I’ve always loved the hidden Mickey on the pipe inside the fish tank
I never knew about that one!
We were able to walk directly into La Cava
Nice! I've almost always seen a line there.
he ordered an El Diablo
How spicy was that?

The Poly appeals to me, but... I must admit that while the resort isn't overly appealing, being able to walk over from the CR does appeal.

Same! I don't love the Contemporary, but we love that walkway to MK!

Thanks! We will definitely have to try that sometime! And by we I mean Luke since he's the cook in our house!

Whoa. You're gonna give that kid a complex. Better stick to the Jets.

:rotfl:

Still surprises me. Lately (well... maybe not lately, lately) there've been line-ups... but before, it seemed to always be a walk on.

It's so hit or miss, it's weird!

Nice score. Remember when this first came out and you couldn't get anywhere near it without a 3 hour wait?

We still haven't been through the standby line for this ride! Fastpass or nothin'!

I never knew about that one!

Now you do :) I love that one.

Nice! I've almost always seen a line there.

There's always a line, so we had to jump on it when it was a walk-in!

You hit up all my Epcot favorites :) and made me laugh, "Tequila is not my friend." I get it. Totally get it!

Haha, I've discovered I'm definitely a vodka drinker over all other alcohol.

WOW!! Score! THose aren't easy to find day of in the park. :) I should say weren't though now.

Luke is great at pounding the app for fastpasses!

Even more incredible!! I've NEVER not seen a long line!

We had to act on that!

May 3, 2019 - Part Three

With tequila in hand, we decided to head towards the Odyssey Building. During the Flower and Garden Festival, it was the location of Arbor at the Gardeners Terrace, but from May 2-6 it was also the location of Minnie’s Garden Party. During this limited time event, Minnie was doing a meet-and-greet in her super cute Flower and Garden dress, they were handing out pins and you could buy a specialty dessert.

IMG_7365.jpg

When we arrived, there wasn’t any line for the food, so we decided to try the special dessert only being offered for a few days. I wrote about it over my dining report :) Look at how pretty this thing was!

F1267372-025E-48D5-ACF2-DD392B6C6E00-e1567967445178-768x1024.jpeg

After we finished eating, we could see that the line to meet Minnie wasn’t very long, and less than 5 minutes later we were posing with the cutest mouse in the World –

42629a90-089d-42d9-bb30-9d776ad5ed31.jpg

67aec604-1839-46f2-ae46-3a5b5bb4b174.jpg

e45e76df-cb47-4b90-8f23-d2a6d5096566.jpg

bff6f922-5b99-4153-9698-f506fcaaaeac.jpg

As part of the Garden Party, they also had a Photopass photographer set up by a flower wall. We were able to walk up to that with zero wait – if I see a Photopass with no line you better believe I’m in!

54228939-9673-44ea-91c6-4d34904f2b20.jpg

IMG_7370.jpg

Earlier in the day, we had grabbed a fifth fastpass – for Spaceship Earth. We were now in the window for that, so we left Minnie’s Garden Party and headed towards the front of the park.

IMG_7371.jpg

We decided it was the perfect time to head out of the park, and caught a bus back to Old Key West. We had a bit of time before we had to meet up with the group for our supper reservation, so we decided to change into our bathing suits and headed over to the main pool for a quick swim.

IMG_7379.jpg

I’m not exactly sure why it was there, but I find these things way too entertaining – so enjoy a Boomerang of wavy inflatable guy! (I was really into Boomerangs on this trip for some reason haha)

After our quick swim, we freshened up and got ready for the evening. It was the official start to the Epic Trip weekend, and there was a large group of us meeting at ‘Ohana for supper. I wrote all about it on my dining report :)

After eating, we grabbed a group photo in the main lobby –

efa07e57-bb09-4f76-a89f-d620818c391a.jpg

A few people called it a night after this, and headed back to their resorts. The rest of us decided to keep the night going, and caught the monorail over to Magic Kingdom, and headed straight for the boats, with Wilderness Lodge as our destination. We ended up waiting quite awhile for a boat, but we were all enjoying each other’s company and getting to know everyone a bit better, so the time was passing quickly <3.

We eventually boarded a boat just as the fireworks were going off in Magic Kingdom. It was really amazing to watch them from this viewpoint! This picture is a bit blurry, but I managed to catch the monorail as it went by –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7398.jpg

We were talking to Renee ( @ArielSRL ) and Chad, and they mentioned that their boys loved money from other countries. Luke and I pulled out our wallets and handed them a full set of Canadian coins (nickel, dime, quarter, loonie and toonie – we don’t have pennies ), as well as a $5 bill (our bills are made of a waterproof, almost plastic-like material, and have a clear, see-through panel). When we arrived at Wilderness Lodge, we headed down to the water by Geyser Point where we took over an entire section. At one point, our weird Canadian money was discussed, so Luke and I pulled out cash and passed it around while everyone laughed at our colourful money haha.

Renee and Chad insisted on buying Luke and I a drink as a thank-you for the Canadian money, so I decided on a Huckleberry Punch – 44deg North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Bols Creme de Cassis, lemon juice and cranberry juice. I have no idea what Luke ordered, but my drink was delicious and strong – thank you Renee and Chad <3

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7403.jpg

We had a great night, and a great view of the Electrical Water Parade – which I took zero pictures of. I actually didn’t take many pictures at all – I do have this one of Melinda (@pepperandchips ) and I though –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7406.jpg

She made the ears both of us are wearing, and I love them so much! I wore them multiple times on this trip…

I also have this picture saved that I definitely stole from someone else – a few others had already left for the night by this point.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_1681.jpg

Starting in the front left: Ryan, Ariane, Steve, Kari, Kelly, Su-Lynn, Joe, Jenny, Renee, Chad, Steve, Melinda, me, Luke, Lindsay and Billie

Luke and I had a very early breakfast reservation the next day, so we didn’t stay too late. We also didn’t want to waste time with the bus system, so we just headed out through the main lobby and called an Uber to take us back to OKW (so much faster, and definitely worth the few dollars it costs). I did stop to take a few pictures of the lobby at Wilderness Lodge – such a beautiful hotel!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7410.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7407.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_0850.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_0849.jpg

Last edited:
Our baby girl is now 7 months old, and she is so much fun! She's a very happy, very talkative little thing, and we can't wait to take her to Disney!
Any talk of when her first trip may be? They are all magical but that first one all the more

On our first trip, he grumbled about this a bit, but by this point he accepts it, knows how happy it makes me and will actually point out short photopass lines – I married a great one <3
You sure did!!!!! Though wait until the Jocelyn eye rolls when you want a picture begin. Not that I know anything about that phase :earboy2:

wasn’t the only one on the Epic trip who had an item go missing from a checked bag either – so yes I am accusing someone who works at the MCO airport of stealing items and more than likely reselling them for profit on Ebay (these magnets are handed out for free – last I checked there are dozens of them listed on Ebay for $15 and up (plus $20-$30 in shipping costs to Canada). I know next time, any AP magnet will be going straight into my carry-on bag. Rant over.
That is CRAZY! I had no idea this was a. happening or that b. these were such a hot commodity. I didn't even remember to pick one up. Clearly I should have :rolleyes1

Love Flower and Garden Minnie. And you two totally match!

t was really amazing to watch them from this viewpoint! This picture is a bit blurry, but I managed to catch the monorail as it went by –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7398.jpg
Great picture with the flag in the foreground. Hopefully we can have fireworks again soon

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7406.jpg

She made the ears both of us are wearing, and I love them so much! I wore them multiple times on this trip…
❤❤❤

Any talk of when her first trip may be? They are all magical but that first one all the more

We talk about her first trip a few times every week haha! Before Covid, our aim was to be at Disneyland right now (it's currently our 3rd wedding anniversary, my birthday is Wednesday and Luke's birthday is 2 weeks from now, and we figured 7.5 months would be a great age for a first trip). Obviously that couldn't happen... so I'm hoping for May 2022 for Jocelyn's 2nd birthday!

You sure did!!!!! Though wait until the Jocelyn eye rolls when you want a picture begin. Not that I know anything about that phase :earboy2:

Hahaha, hopefully that phase is a few years away!

Also - I've always admired how Casey will eat anything in your dining reports, and I'm seriously hoping Joss will be similar (despite me being a bit picky...).

That is CRAZY! I had no idea this was a. happening or that b. these were such a hot commodity. I didn't even remember to pick one up. Clearly I should have :rolleyes1

Haha, you could be making a killing on Ebay selling the magnets you don't want :upsidedow

Love Flower and Garden Minnie. And you two totally match!

I was excited I was finally there for a limited time event like that meet and greet! With only 1-2 trips/year, we always seem to miss out on the cool stuff!

Great picture with the flag in the foreground. Hopefully we can have fireworks again soon

I don't know if I could spend all that money on a Disney trip and not have fireworks...

❤❤❤

Next Epic trip I need more time at Geyser Point with you crazy Wilderness Lodge crew <3

With tequila in hand, we decided to head towards the Odyssey Building.
I think most journeys should be undertaken with tequila in hand.
Look at how pretty this thing was!

F1267372-025E-48D5-ACF2-DD392B6C6E00-e1567967445178-768x1024.jpeg
Wow! Very pretty!
Awwww. :)
if I see a Photopass with no line you better believe I’m in!
we decided to change into our bathing suits and headed over to the main pool for a quick swim.

IMG_7379.jpg
Looks familiar. :)
I don't think we went in, but we definitely visited.
so enjoy a Boomerang of wavy inflatable guy!
Can't see the video. Something about permissions?
We ended up waiting quite awhile for a boat, but we were all enjoying each other’s company and getting to know everyone a bit better, so the time was passing quickly
:)
Wonderful when that happens. :)
We were talking to Renee ( @ArielSRL ) and Chad, and they mentioned that their boys loved money from other countries. Luke and I pulled out our wallets and handed them a full set of Canadian coins (nickel, dime, quarter, loonie and toonie – we don’t have pennies ), as well as a $5 bill
Very nice of you. :)
At one point, our weird Canadian money was discussed, so Luke and I pulled out cash and passed it around while everyone laughed at our colourful money haha.
Renee and Chad insisted on buying Luke and I a drink as a thank-you for the Canadian money,
And nice of them. :)
Beautiful!

I think most journeys should be undertaken with tequila in hand.

I'm not a tequila fan at all, but swap that word with vodka/rum and I agree!

Wow! Very pretty!

I'm guessing it was a super limited offering due to the time spent constructing each one...

Looks familiar. :)
I don't think we went in, but we definitely visited.

I didn't go down the slide (I didn't want to get my hair wet - I knew I didn't have time to wash it and dry it before supper), but Luke tried it out! We really don't spend enough time at the Disney pools though - it's something we really need to include in our schedule for our next trip....

Can't see the video. Something about permissions?

I'm not surprised. My MacBook is so old that I can't even download updates for Chrome/Safari/any internet browser so very few websites actually work properly haha. YouTube is brutal to try and navigate on this laptop...

They were all amazed by the clear see-through panel on our cash :rotfl:

And nice of them. :)

I've met some of the nicest people through Disney! <3

Beautiful!

:lovestruc

May 4, 2019 - Part One

Another day at Disney, another morning with the alarm going off way too early! We pulled ourselves out of bed and got ready for the day before calling an Uber to take us to our breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno. We had one of the first seatings of the day, I believe our reservation was for 7:05am. My review can be found here :)

This was actually only my second time in the lobby of the Boardwalk Resort, and the only other time was on our wedding day so I didn’t remember much. It’s so pretty! I think I say that about all the Disney resort lobbies though…

IMG_7414.jpg

IMG_7415.jpg

We were still a bit early, so we took our time wandering outside, and enjoying a basically empty Boardwalk (since, you know, it was still the 6am hour – gross!).

download.png

FF885696-48A7-4692-8F2B-EC324A9136A1.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

We had to take pictures of Sea Breeze Point as we reminisced about our wedding ceremony which was held there in January 2018 <3

IMG_7423.jpg

We checked in to Trattoria al Forno, and were quickly led to our table in a mostly empty restaurant. It was still very early, and the characters hadn’t even appeared yet.

IMG_7424.jpg

We left the restaurant shortly after 8am, and headed straight for the boat dock. It was May the 4th, so of course we had to begin our day at Hollywood Studios!

54823133-D54B-4316-9AE1-CAE1C2448CAB.jpg

The park was very busy when we arrived, which we were prepared for (May 4th and it was a Saturday – and Galaxy’s Edge hadn’t even opened yet!). We made it through security, and scanned into the park. They had limited edition merchandise only available on that day, but from what I had seen of it, none of it interested me that much. That turned out to be a good thing, since the lineups were insane!

We didn’t plan on spending much time in this park today, but we did have a Star Tours Fastpass to use – and we had planned it to line up with some of the other Epic Trip ladies! We all found each other and scanned in together – Luke and I, Lesley ( @Lesley Wake ) , Caroline ( @disneyAndi14 ) , Molly (@mollydolly), Billie (@Elevationist), Sarah (@IowaTater), Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey), Su-Queen and Steve. If I remember correctly, it was either Molly or Lesley that was selected as the Rebel Spy.

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

A bunch of us had overlapped our next fastpass as well, so we all headed over to Toy Story Land to ride Slinky Dog Dash. We met up with Ariella ( @StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family for this ride as well, so it was nice to see them even if it was only for a few minutes. I still had no idea where the camera was on SDD…

IMG_7467.jpg

09aabcc3-ba56-4002-b8d8-f0d6a7e9776f.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

We stopped for a group photo afterwards –

May2019Epic-685.jpg

We said goodbye to Ariella and her family, and see you later to the rest of the group. Most of them were heading to Sci-Fi for lunch, but Luke and I had opted out of that reservation since we figured we’d still be full from our breakfast (we were). But we did have to stop for a snack before heading out of the park at Neighbourhood Bakery. My review can be found here!

e1445b05-1235-477b-b1d4-f30569ab8452.jpg

We grabbed a Starbucks on our way past (a Very Berry Hibiscus refresher for me, a basic coffee for Luke). We stopped after exiting the park so I could get a picture by the main entrance in my Star Wars outfit <3

291640C5-B6A4-4C90-9D87-51ADF32A7B02.jpg

We walked over and caught the boat heading to Epcot – it was time for our Epic Epcot day!​

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 - Part One

As is the case on way too many mornings at Disney, we were awake extremely early, and by 7:30am we had already taken a Lyft over to the Polynesian hotel.

B8A17456-4FB3-40E0-A129-2777CF2FD55C-e1567219227792-768x1024.jpeg

Every time we step into this lobby, we talk about how much we would love to stay here one day – it’ll happen someday!

Of course we were heading to a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe, one of Luke’s favourite breakfast places on Disney property. Our reservation was at 7:45am (maybe one day we’ll sleep in while at Disney…). We checked in, and had another great meal here - it's located here in my dining report :)

After finishing up our meal, we headed out to the monorail. We rarely travel via monorail – but we do enjoy it! We were heading to Epcot, and this method of transportation was amazing – I loved the view of the Flower and Garden Festival as the monorail circled the park on its way to the station.

196B998D-7F5C-411C-ADFF-6539D50237A1.jpeg

3B6C0C36-3D68-4AB9-86CD-3B5EFCEE96AE.jpeg

88EB9DBA-38AF-471F-A210-5F22652C951A.jpeg
2F725FE7-510F-4637-BC7A-CB2E253F840D.jpeg

D9C62DD2-663D-40B5-BC96-2781C1F71922.jpeg

Before long, we found ourselves through the security check, and scanned into the park. I love Epcot so much, and we planned on spending quite a bit of time in this park on this trip, so we were not in any rush and took the time to soak up the atmosphere.

733C22E0-75E5-41FE-BEC3-D549DF572E90.jpeg

D4F737D9-AA95-4148-829A-DA7D071ED356.jpeg

Of course I quickly spotted a photopass photographer, and made Luke stop for pictures with me. On our first trip, he grumbled about this a bit, but by this point he accepts it, knows how happy it makes me and will actually point out short photopass lines – I married a great one <3

10072C41-4BF8-4059-8A42-E0A32B16D4D1.jpeg

Oh yes – today’s outfit! My pants are from the Disney line at Hot Topic, my shirt is the Rose Gold spirit jersey from the parks, and my hat was found at the Character Outlet on Vineland (originally sold in the parks). Luke skipped the Disney clothes and just wore his Mickey hat (which was purchased in the parks).

63C07F93-C551-4D28-AB96-20F43F06888B.jpeg

A505958E-7BEF-49E5-BDAC-C8C42B7075C1.jpeg

7B137118-EAEB-439D-8D8E-B8BFBD989450.jpeg

233EC236-0002-4BF3-8D8C-EFF1ADE6341B.jpeg

We made our way through the park, stopping to check out the topiaries as we went. I think I managed to snap a picture of every single one of them in the park throughout the course of our trip….

984C9C47-44C3-4699-869A-E57F9B290A18.jpeg

EE934E20-6110-4E47-A32B-F7EC4DC31849-e1608586906503.jpeg

B466482D-87D8-4A6A-A0F4-6FF3F417E7C8.jpeg

Since we were headed to Future World East, we decided to make a quick pit stop at MouseGears so I could grab my Annual Passholder magnet (based on the date, it was the Daisy one) – which I was very excited about! They scanned my AP, which let them know I had not received a Pluto one either – but they still had some left so I left with both!

As an out-of-country Annual Passholder, I have never received the AP magnet in the mail (despite having multiple AP’s over the past few years), and I can’t exactly stop in to the park every single time they release a new magnet – so I treasure these things! So, now you can understand my extreme disappointment/anger when I returned home, and found my Pluto magnet had been stolen from my checked bag. I had the two magnets stuck together, inside a pocket accessible only from the inside of my bag – Daisy was still there but no Pluto to be found anywhere, and a slip from TSA stating they had opened my bag. I’m sorry, but if it just “fell out”, they would have both been gone – I know for a fact they were stuck to one another. I contacted MCO and filed a missing claim, but of course nothing ever came of it. I also reached out to Disney and basically got a “sucks to be you” response. I wasn’t the only one on the Epic trip who had an item go missing from a checked bag either – so yes I am accusing someone who works at the MCO airport of stealing items and more than likely reselling them for profit on Ebay (these magnets are handed out for free – last I checked there are dozens of them listed on Ebay for $15 and up (plus $20-$30 in shipping costs to Canada). I know next time, any AP magnet will be going straight into my carry-on bag. Rant over.

But, back to May 3, 2019 before I knew one would go missing. I left the store so excited, and shared this picture on my social media before tucking them safely into Luke’s backpack.

D052D957-267F-404B-B6C0-CC0B77919C71.jpeg

Here is what our fastpass plans looked like for the day (and yes, that 3:30 one was timed intentionally to line up with the approximate time we’d be leaving the park, so we could hop on Spaceship Earth as we walked past it – and of course our plans are always subject to change haha) –

image.png

I stopped to snap a picture of this topiary before heading over to our first Fastpass:

E8FE5038-EEE6-4EC8-93E0-9C7BCD3F03BA.jpeg

0A24A73A-FE26-4CFC-BCE7-F058113D74E0-e1608273554146.jpeg

We had timed it so we were towards the end of our fastpass window for Mission Space, allowing us to travel around the Earth on the green side of the motion simulator before walking straight over to our second fastpass on Test Track. We really don’t love Test Track (we’ve been to Disneyland multiple times, Radiator Springs racers is FAR superior) – but we do enjoy building the most ridiculous vehicle possible haha.

D63F2621-D42E-4CB5-91F3-C2FB5428DEDF-e1608586927896.jpeg

72FC2081-E666-4CEA-B681-40C2E749E809.jpeg

73B0C7A3-25B6-48DB-B71F-D316A4ECC1B0.jpeg

36C73A94-7CE2-4B2B-8934-FF3EEF609225.jpeg

73B07EA1-1B96-48C3-A760-08166F12E721.jpeg

Great Trip report..

When I read that things were missing from your bag... We had this happen before on our return from Disneyland to Orlando ( we are locals), We had picked up a few things at the request for friends, several pins. I know that they were a separate bag in a larger bag, and when I got home we had the paper saying they opened our bag... and the pins were gone, as well as a few key chains, again in a separate bag in that larger bag that I had bought for stocking stuffers for the family...and some lotion, that was in a travel bag that I use for shower products when we travel... They completely tossed all my clothing, and dump out everything in that large bag into my luggage, I also think that some of my undergarments were missing... I was so mad, and just felt sick. So now when we travel, we keep the souvenirs with us in the carry on's... When we went to Disneyland Paris, we did this and everything that we purchased made it home. I also keep my undergarments in my roll on, the thought of someone in my undergarments just grosses me out...

I'm not a tequila fan at all, but swap that word with vodka/rum and I agree!
I'm not a tequila fan either... but you got the intent. ;)
I didn't go down the slide (I didn't want to get my hair wet - I knew I didn't have time to wash it and dry it before supper), but Luke tried it out! We really don't spend enough time at the Disney pools though - it's something we really need to include in our schedule for our next trip....
I rarely if ever schedule pool time. Just... so much to do!
They were all amazed by the clear see-through panel on our cash :rotfl:
I've met some of the nicest people through Disney! <3
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter