Mama Melrose - Our new favorite!!!

Valera

Mouseketeer
On our trip during the 1st weekend in December we wanted to try to fit in going to the Osborne Lights so we decided on dinner at MGM. When I called for a PS I was not able to get a PS anywhere as MGM was closing early that night (called about 5pm).

There was only 3 of us so we decided to try to do a walk up for any availability. We went about 6:30 and lucked into only waiting about 10minutes before being seated (groups over 4 were turned away though).

The starter bread with the pesto and butter was wonderful. My DM and I ordered the Parmesean Chicken to share (they plated it on individual plates) and my DS (11) ordered the pepperoni pizza. This was the most fabulous meal/ambienence of any meal so far at WDW. The chicken was so juicy it could be cut with a fork and my DS wanted the "recipe" for the pizza because he loved it so much.

The price at Mama's is not cheap. The chicken was $17 but along with the bread it was plenty for us to share. If we ever have park hoppers again, I would go to MGM just to eat at Mama's!!!

Glad you liked it. My family went there last year as part of the Fantasmic package, and loved our meals.

Got my dad hooked on the Sangria!

Thanks for the review. My GF and I and her two daughters will be going there during our trip for New Year's Eve.

I'm really looking forward to it.

We love that restaurant & can't wait to go back in a little over a month!!! Their pizzas are great & can't wait to try the penne ala vodka.

I have to agree, great place! We go every trip! :D

Love when other people discover how great this place is! We've been to two dinners and a lunch ...and the whole family has loved it each time.

We love it too especially for a quiet lunch.

Kevin and Dori are exceptional servers.

We went during Osborne Lights so it was extremely busy but we still had a wonderful time. They made an error on our meal but my DM choose not to say anthing. The meal was wonderful anyway.

We had basically the same thing happen! We didn't have any PS's when we went to MGM, in fact, we were planning on just eating at the Pizza Place. Well, by the time we got there, it was already closed! Bummer! So, we took a chance on Mama Melrose.. we got there around 6:30ish, and were seated right away! PERFECT timing! All the PS's were finishing up to go to Osbourne, and the restaurant didn't close until 7! One of the best meals of our trip.

Hollyjoy - we had almost the same thing happen too the first time we ate a Mama's. They happened to have a PS right away so we took it, have eaten there a few times since then, and have really enjoyed (even LOVED) all our meals! This is now my favorite WDW restaurant....

Thanks for the great reviews of Mama Melrose! Can you believe I've never tried the place?! I'm making a PS for our next trip!!

This is one of our favs also. We ate there 3 years ago for Fantasmic dinner and it has been on our must do lists ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter