Marathon Weekend 2018

We've stayed at POR for three marathon weekends and never had any bus issues. We have been at the main stop right when they start picking up or shortly after and have always walked right onto a bus.

Got all my ADRs! Very pleased with the times all except for one for breakfast for the morning of the 10k. Had a moment of panic when halfway through getting the reservations, the website crashed! Still managed to get everything. Super pumped about dinner at Ohana after the marathon!

This year we are at the contemporary and I am paranoid about getting stuck on the monorail.

We are at the Poly this year so I'll be taking the monorail as well. I was at the Poly in 2015 and the monorail was a great way to get to/from the races. Just have to have faith in that 70's era monorail technology.

We are at the Poly this year so I'll be taking the monorail as well. I was at the Poly in 2015 and the monorail was a great way to get to/from the races. Just have to have faith in that 70's era monorail technology.

We were at Poly for the inaugural Dopey. While you still have to deal with buses for the 5 and 10K it's probably my favorite resort location wise. I loved being able to walk directly to the TTC so you don't have to switch monorails.

Although if monorail Blue shows up I'm sure I'll be even more nervous.

Last edited:

And to make sure pieces of the Monorail don't fall off...

For those of you that booked ADR's today was anyone able to get a Tiffin's reservation. I didn't have any luck with that.

I was able to nab our ADR's a little after 6am this morning.
  • 5K day - Breakfast at Crystal Palace
  • 10K day - Grand Floridian Tea for lunch
  • Half day - Dinner at Via Napoli
  • Marathon day - I'll be lucky to move! Sassagoula pizza, anyone? :P Actually, we'll probably spend some time at Disney Springs. Not sure where to eat, though, other than nabbing some sweets from Erin McKenna's.

Last edited:
Ok here is mine for now....

Jan. 3rd The Wave for lunch
Jan. 4th Tiffins (placeholder for now until ROL packages open up)
Jan. 5th Teppan Edo
Jan. 6th Le Cellier
Jan. 7th Cali Grill at 8:50 for fireworks viewing
Jan. 8th I have two and am undecided which to keep. Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno or Homecomin' for lunch

For our group we have:

Jan 2nd. Early Dinner at CRT
Jan 3rd The Utlimate Fighting Challenge Race Expo edition.
Jan 4th 5K day Nothing booked. Thinking about Discovery Cove for the day
Jan 5th 10k day Secret Nacho Day!
Jan 6th Via Nappoli Dinner
Jan 7th Ohana Dinner

Have any of you done the happily ever after dessert party? If so would you recommend the Plaza viewing option or not?

Ok here is mine for now....

Jan. 3rd The Wave for lunch
Jan. 4th Tiffins (placeholder for now until ROL packages open up)
Jan. 5th Teppan Edo
Jan. 6th Le Cellier
Jan. 7th Cali Grill at 8:50 for fireworks viewing
Jan. 8th I have two and am undecided which to keep. Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno or Homecomin' for lunch

We have eaten at Homecoming twice and while we enjoyed it both times I think the second time had a couple of misses. I seem to remember my daughters chicken tenders being pretty bad.
Will you be on the dining plan. Homecoming was pretty nice out of pocket as it wasn't that expensive. Trattoria Al Forno might be a better use of a dining credit if you are on the dining plan though.

We have eaten at Homecoming twice and while we enjoyed it both times I think the second time had a couple of misses. I seem to remember my daughters chicken tenders being pretty bad.
Will you be on the dining plan. Homecoming was pretty nice out of pocket as it wasn't that expensive. Trattoria Al Forno might be a better use of a dining credit if you are on the dining plan though.
No dining plan. I did Homecomin in June and got the fried chicken and I loved it. I've never done Trattoria though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter