Marathon Weekend 2018

Ok here is mine for now....

Jan. 3rd The Wave for lunch
Jan. 4th Tiffins (placeholder for now until ROL packages open up)
Jan. 5th Teppan Edo
Jan. 6th Le Cellier
Jan. 7th Cali Grill at 8:50 for fireworks viewing
Jan. 8th I have two and am undecided which to keep. Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno or Homecomin' for lunch

Watch your timing on the CG and fireworks. Historically Wishes was at 8 pm on Marathon Sunday. I went with a 7:10 pm CG reservation on Marathon Sunday for that reason. They will still let you up there to watch but it is possible your reservation will be after fireworks.

Wife and I have the following dinners set up for our Dopey weekend. Without the kids in tow this trip we are going to try out some new things.

Jan 3: Citricos
Jan 4: Tiffins
Jan 5: Tratotria al Forno
Jan 6: Frontera (lunch) and Big River
Jan 7: Via Napoli

We also have Be Our Guest booked for lunch on Thursday in case we decide to eat there. We have a park hopper ticket for Thursday and plan on starting our day in MK before heading over to AK.

Watch your timing on the CG and fireworks. Historically Wishes was at 8 pm on Marathon Sunday. I went with a 7:10 pm CG reservation on Marathon Sunday for that reason. They will still let you up there to watch but it is possible your reservation will be after fireworks.
Interesting I was thinking the fireworks would be at 9. There is no nighttime parade anymore so maybe it will be at 9 this year. Only thing earlier I can get now is like 6PM.

Did set up a couple this morning. Tusker House for lunch on January 2nd and Sanaa for dinner on January 3rd. Plan on making a few more and really want to try as many new things as possible this trip. Of course, I also want to do all the tried and true things I love; Why don't I have four stomachs and a money tree?

All ADRs booked and we were able to get everything we wanted! :D

Jan 3 - Dinner: Jungle Cruise Skippers Canteen (MK)
Jan 4 - Breakfast: Tuskerhouse (AK); Dinner: Via Napoli (EPCOT)
Jan 5 - Breakfast: The Wave (Contemporary); Dinner: Nine Dragons (EPCOT)
Jan 6 - Dinner: Marrakesh (EPCOT)
Jan 7 - Dinner: Le Cellier (EPCOT)
Jan 8 - Breakfast: Cape May Cafe (Beach Club)

Everyone is doing this, so I might as well as spill it! :D

1/2: Lunch at SciFi, HEA Plaza Dessert Party
1/3 (Expo): Breakfast at The Wave... of I'm not finishing this sentence (right day with @rteetz , wrong time), Dinner at Le Cellier, "Fish and Fireworks" at Rose & Crown
1/4 (5k): Lunch at Crystal Palace
1/5 (10k): Lunch at Be Our Guest, 2:00 at Hurricane Hanna's, Eat Around the World after that
1/6 (half): dinner (non-fireworks) at California Grill
1/7 (full): dinner at Victoria and Albert's (hi @ZellyB !)

That's an ambitious dinner the night before the full.

I was seriously wracking my brain over what to do, there. I wanted something nice, but not too heavy, so that threw out 'Ohana. It's a resort day, so I threw out everything in the parks. I had already planned to not chase rides between the half and the full.

I'm still not 100% happy with Cali Grill, but I couldn't think of anything better.

Edit: I like to repeat myself, over and over again.

Last edited:
If you eat at Cali Grill before fireworks, you can come back up for viewing.

If your reservation is AFTER fireworks, you cannot get in early.
I'll keep checking as the days go on then. Right now only other time I can get is 5:40 and I don't want to eat then and come back an hour later or something.

I was seriously wracking my brain over what to do, there. I wanted something nice, but not too heavy, so that threw out 'Ohana. It's a resort day, so I threw out everything in the parks. I had already planned to not chase rides between the half and the full.

I'm still not 100% happy with Cali Grill, but I couldn't think of anything better.

Edit: I like to repeat myself, over and over again.

Why does it have to be something nice? Not to be flippant, but why not save the nice dinner for the post-marathon celebration and give your girlfriend a night to relax, rest, and gather herself for the full on Sunday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter