Marathon Weekend 2018

Thanks guys for your concern. Urgent care said she had an anxiety attack and to go to her GP for meds. That girl stresses me out! She is under a lot of stress though, between her TN and her job not covering her bills (we usually supplement her funds when we can). She is supposed to get a promotion and a big raise in January so hopefully that will help with the stress! At least it will help mine!

At magic kingdom today and it is C O L D, cold!

Now debating heading to Target to buy some blank long sleeve shirts to layer under tanks when running, as it may be too cold for short sleeves. noooo!

The Dopey nightmares are hitting. I had a dream my flight was cancelled and I missed the races...

The Dopey nightmares are definitely hitting. Every time I look at one of these weather forecasts with start temps in the 30s! I hate being cold before races and anything under the mid-40s falls into the cold category for me.

And the Saints?

Well, duh! I don't need much motivation to get out the house for sports - football or baseball!!

In fact, we're doing NYE at Epcot this weekend (staying at the Swan on Marriott points ... man, what a game-changer in my life) - and we ended up making FP+s for the morning at DHS so we could watch the Saints at ESPN before we go into party mode at Epcot for the night!

We actually thought about going to Tampa to the game, but my husband didn't want to tailgate, watch a football game and then drive back to Orlando that night because we could find a decent enough hotel by the Bucs' stadium.

One thought and a question.

1. Normally I would be excited about good running weather, but these old bones are ready for some warm sunshine.
2. I signed up for Dopey, but won't pick up bibs/shirts until Friday. Is that going to cause confusion? I don't remember: are bibs/shirts segregated by Dopey/Goofy/full/half? Where do I go on Friday? I would think Dopey is shut down. Are they on-the-ball enough to move Dopey-wannabes to Goofy? Which brings about an additional point.
3. I'm assuming I will have men's L Dopey and 10K shirts to dispose of.

Has anyone had any success with a stretch/massage before or after races? I have been feeling a bit tight recently so I was considering going to Massage Envy to get a stretch next week. I have heard that people can sometimes be sore though afterwards so I don't want to make it worse.

I have a massage scheduled for the 2nd...just a quick 30 minute just for my legs. I did this same thing a few days before I ran the Richmond Marathon and I think it helped a lot! I think as long as you don't do a deep tissue massage and just let them know what your end goal is, you should be fine. On the other hand, if you're normally super sore after a regular massage, may be a good idea to skip.

Hey Keels, on New Years Eve you may want to enter Epcot early in the day to establish entry and then go back later.

I was at Epcot on NYE in 1999 and they shut down the parks with huge lines trying to get in.
Those staying on property were given priority entry and we got in.

I have read where crowds will be huge this weekend.

Edit: I just re-read your post and a morning entry to DHS will establish entry, so no problem.

Hey Keels, on New Years Eve you may want to enter Epcot early in the day to establish entry and then go back later.

I was at Epcot on NYE in 1999 and they shut down the parks with huge lines trying to get in.
Those staying on property were given priority entry and we got in.

I have read where crowds will be huge this weekend.

Edit: I just re-read your post and a morning entry to DHS will establish entry, so no problem.

We've done Epcot for NYE every year for the past six years! One of my favorite Disney things to do!

I figured you being a veteran would know, Keels.

I was surprised when they closed the parks that year.
They turned a TON of people away!

Well, duh! I don't need much motivation to get out the house for sports - football or baseball!!

In fact, we're doing NYE at Epcot this weekend (staying at the Swan on Marriott points ... man, what a game-changer in my life) - and we ended up making FP+s for the morning at DHS so we could watch the Saints at ESPN before we go into party mode at Epcot for the night!

We actually thought about going to Tampa to the game, but my husband didn't want to tailgate, watch a football game and then drive back to Orlando that night because we could find a decent enough hotel by the Bucs' stadium.
Ive got a pretty good feeling the Saints are going to end up with the night game on Saturday night. better than Sunday afternoon game for my personal schedule but that means for for a light night of sleep before the marathon

5bda238d8a63605d4355f60f5fc730dd7726bcadc3ffda4d4314259d4985304f.jpg

Ive got a pretty good feeling the Saints are going to end up with the night game on Saturday night. better than Sunday afternoon game for my personal schedule but that means for for a light night of sleep before the marathon

5bda238d8a63605d4355f60f5fc730dd7726bcadc3ffda4d4314259d4985304f.jpg

Yeah, I get the feeling you’re right ... but I’m really holding out hope for a Saturday afternoon game since I don’t have anything but Stormalong Bay time planned after brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter