Marathon Weekend 2018

Today's question: You can choose only one Mickey shaped food item. What would you choose?

At first thought, I went with the sweet cream filled pretzels at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland. However, I cannot for the life of me remember if they are Mickey shaped, they never last long enough for me to see. So for a back up, the rice krispie Mickey. Chocolate or not, sprinkles or not. I am fine with any and all of these variations.

I read that there is a bus from CBR to ESPN. Is that still the case? I'm staying at CBR and it would be awesome if I could go directly from the hotel and to the expo.
I've been planning on getting to the expo when it opens on Jan 3rd. Is there a line hours before or can I be there at 11:30 and wait till they open at 12? I imagine it's a complete madhouse the first day.

I read that there is a bus from CBR to ESPN. Is that still the case? I'm staying at CBR and it would be awesome if I could go directly from the hotel and to the expo.
I've been planning on getting to the expo when it opens on Jan 3rd. Is there a line hours before or can I be there at 11:30 and wait till they open at 12? I imagine it's a complete madhouse the first day.

Yes, there is a bus from each resort to ESPN and back again. On the first day, there will be intense crowds until about 2pm based on previous years. The longest lines are for the merchandise. Getting your packet is a fairly quick and easy process.

Yes, there is a bus from each resort to ESPN and back again. On the first day, there will be intense crowds until about 2pm based on previous years. The longest lines are for the merchandise. Getting your packet is a fairly quick and easy process.
Thanks!
I'm not entirely sure if I want to go when they open. It's my first time doing a runDisney race in the US and I thought it would be kinda fun to experience the madhouse-feeling at the expo :p I'm interested in merchandise but mostly pins and then NB shoes.

In went to the expo from CBR this year, very easy. Printing your waiver before you arrive will save time. The only lines I encountered were to enter the merchandise area, and for checkout at the official Disney merchandise areas. However, they were not really that bad. Packet pick-up was quick and easy.

Most of the rD merch (not the New Balance shoes) are available to preorder at some time before the expo, right?

Most of the rD merch (not the New Balance shoes) are available to preorder at some time before the expo, right?
Like rteetz said, only preorder is pins and jackets and this year they are bundling a magnet with pins and the 25th figurine and ornament bundle. There is a ton more stuff for sale, like shirts (various types from long to tshirt to tank to pullovers), other jackets different then preorder, various magnets, glasses (could be drinking cup, wine, shot, etc.), mugs, banners sometimes, stuffed runner Mickey usually with the year & hats, sweaty bands/headbands & stuff I can't remember. They have stuff for each race distance and the challenges. Also, some regular RunDisney merch. not marathon weekend specific. is for sale.

Pre-order stuff is just a very small portion of it.

No. Usually only pins and jackets are. Everything else is only available at the expo and sometimes items will make their way to the shop disney parks app after the race weekend.

Yeah, only the stuff that doesn't sell out ;)

Like rteetz said, only preorder is pins and jackets and this year they are bundling a magnet with pins and the 25th figurine and ornament bundle. There is a ton more stuff for sale, like shirts (various types from long to tshirt to tank to pullovers), other jackets different then preorder, various magnets, glasses (could be drinking cup, wine, shot, etc.), mugs, banners sometimes, stuffed runner Mickey usually with the year & hats, sweaty bands/headbands & stuff I can't remember. They have stuff for each race distance and the challenges. Also, some regular RunDisney merch. not marathon weekend specific. is for sale.

Pre-order stuff is just a very small portion of it.

Good gravy! That's a lot of merch! How much of this stuff disappears while Race Retreat members are in there?

Yeah, only the stuff that doesn't sell out ;)

Good gravy! That's a lot of merch! How much of this stuff disappears while Race Retreat members are in there?
Last year went quite well actually. There were plenty of pins, jackets, shirts, etc for people to choose from that first day. The shoe ornament said were a hot item. I was happy to get one. I also got a dopey jacket.

So, a few months ago I was considering registering for the Marathon since it will be the 25th Anniversary and I want so bad to be a part of that. But for a number of reasons I never intended to register too far in advance, so I didn't and had kind of stopped thinking about it for a while. But this past weekend, I found out that my sister is signed up (she has a friend who did it last year and I knew the friend signed up a couple weeks ago but had no idea my sister did). So now it's back on my radar and I haven't ruled it out. I just can't really register since I have an uncertain job situation at this time and can't bring myself to drop the money. Hopefully something works out in the next couple months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter